PDA

View Full Version : info on william j c easterbrook !!

hempseed
18th Jun 2011, 10:42
hello all im after any or as much info as possible on william easterbrook .long story but i was pointed in the direction of this forum by a old boy i met a while ago in portsmouth .all very vague i know but the name and a link to luton airport is all i have to go on .??
big thanks for any help
best regards
richard .
thort id edit this post as my replys are not showing in the thread
thanks guys some cracking info .i can't thank you enuf :D
very sorry to hear that he has past on but this info may well start of somthing big for me.
again thanks all
richard .

tail wheel
18th Jun 2011, 12:34
Tried Google?

There is a photo of Pte. William J. Easterbrook on Page 90 of THIS (http://brantford.library.on.ca/localhistory/pdfs/albumhonour.pdf) publication.

hempseed
18th Jun 2011, 12:47
thank's for the reply ;) tho i have know idear if that is the same person im looking to find info on?? i did google the name but whith not much luck :rolleyes: all the info i have is the name and that he was working in some capacity at luton airport some time in the 70's (i think) i know its a long shot and im only going by the word of a old fella i met a few years back didnt even know his name but i can remember that he was involved in shorem? flying club
thanks again il look at the publication and store it .incase it helps in the coming months .
cheers
richard.

oldandbald
18th Jun 2011, 12:54
If it helps a W.C.J. Easterbrook, Bob to those that knew him, was Airport Director at Luton Airport from 1980 to 1986. To the best of my knowledge he had been an ATCO at Luton post war and had moved into management, I think, in the 60s. I don't really know his previous history.A nice guy and easy to work with. Sadly passed away about 6 years ago .

MReyn24050
18th Jun 2011, 13:30
As tail wheel states "Tried Google". A couple of minutes Goggling produced the following:-
Flight Archives: 1970 Pdf 1421 In 1970 a Mr William Easterbrook was appointed deputy director of Luton Airport.
boeing | air france | 1970 | 1421 | Flight Archive (http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1970/1970%20-%201421.html?search=William) Easterbrook

In 1984 a Mr W.C.J. Easterbrook wrote a paper for the Watford & District
Industrial History Society Journal on the Development of Luton Airport Journal No 13
WADIHS journals (http://www.wadihs.org.uk/journal/index.html)

In the minutes of the Luton Borough Council Meeting there is a record of the death of "Bob" Easterbrook former Director of Luton Airport.
147 DEATH OF BOB EASTERBROOK, FORMER DIRECTOR OF LONDON
LUTON AIRPORT (REF: 3.2)
The Mayor announced the recent death of Bob Easterbrook, a former
Director of London Luton Airport and the Council stood in silent tribute to his
memory.

http://agendas.luton.gov.uk/cmiswebpublic/Binary.ashx?Document=5961

Old-Duffer
18th Jun 2011, 15:20
Could you be referring to Flight Lieutenant W J (Bill) Easterbrook who was born on 14 Aug 20, commissioned in the RAF in 1951 and retired in 1967 - I think possibly from RAF Mountbatten (which is where I last saw him in the Spring of '66).

Bill flew helicopters at some stage in his career

Hempseed, can you tell us your interest in this chap as it might help if we know the reason for your interest. Is it that he served at some place, did something interesting connected with this person who gave you the name or still owes you ten bob from 60 years ago!

Old Duffer

hempseed
18th Jun 2011, 15:50
ha ha yes sorry .this is/was my grandad and im looking to find my dad but sadly as the info from my moms side of the is of no use i dont have anyone from my mums side left to give me info including mum :rolleyes: i was hoping to get some info on dad's side of the family to help me along . i have more personal info ie my mum and dad's marriage cert but i will only pm this info its not somthing i feel i should put on the open forum ;)
thanks old duffer.
richard

MReyn24050
18th Jun 2011, 19:29
Hempseed. Please check your PMs.

hempseed
19th Jun 2011, 11:38
just a quik thank's to you guys for helping me out .realy fantastic to find such helpfull pepole that have gone out of you'r way to help some one you dont even know
big thanks :ok::ok:
richard.