PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Sim Quality Check - Fidelity

jtr
17th Jun 2011, 15:11
I will be conduction a QC check on a 320 sim soon and have not done one before. Not yet seen the task or paperwork but wondering if anyone can offer any advice, experiences.

Cheers

KBPsen
17th Jun 2011, 15:49
What we do is a complete test as per the acceptance flight test schedule. A handling quality test is also carried to ensure the 'feel' of the box is as the aircraft. Don't forget to swap seats during that part as it is not unusual to find sims where the feel is slightly different between LH and RH seats.

If it is a new sim we haven't used before we also go through the setting and malfunction options at the instructor station to see if they are adequate for our needs.

If it is a new facility we also check the general facilities and the logs for the sims to see failure rates, down time and the general state of maintenance.

ZFT
17th Jun 2011, 18:40
You don’t state whether the FFS is already approved by an internationally recognized regulatory authority.

Assuming it is then it should really only be necessary to confirm the devices suitability for your training needs as that regulatory authority would have already certified the device and the training centers’ standards.

As it’s an A320 it may well be worth confirming which Airbus standard the FFS reflects, FMS and engine fit, suitability of visual databases etc

Off line Lesson Plan editors and modern Debrief stations are nice to have features today also.

jtr
17th Jun 2011, 23:40
Thanks for the replies.

Its an established set up and I will be doing it over two days for 2 engine types.

I have been using the sim for this company already for a short period and am just trying to get ahead of the game to see what sorts of things are usually checked.

Appreciate your comments.