PDA

View Full Version : EASA / UK FI ticket

whyisitsohard
16th Jun 2011, 16:13
Guys, has anyone fathomed this yet: we have an FI ticket (lets assume EASA are gracious enough to let us keep it, on the back of JAA / EASA ATPL), but you can't legally fly a non-EASA plane. So, Johnny's Tiger Moth is a no-no. But obviously thats daft as an instructor, so...do we have to get a EASA FI rated licence AND a UK FI rated licence (presumably paying for both too!)? Are we expected then to retain both EASA and UK ATPLs to retain the FI privileges of both?

I appreciate its a dogs dinner of an expensive clusterf""" but what do you make of it? I think we need two tickets, identical, except for the lettering at the top.

Anyone know how to get the National ticket yet? I understand that my ATPL will simply be transferred, but of course my now-required National licence will be a new issue.

Ooo I can feel those euro hands in my wallet already.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

D

S-Works
16th Jun 2011, 17:39
No, the UK are altering the ANO to permit the holder of an EASA Part FCL licence to fly Annex II and permit aircraft.

Whopity
16th Jun 2011, 19:51
but you can't legally fly a non-EASA planeWhy not? If its a non EASA plane its nothing to do with EASA is it?