PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Delivery

Dog One
16th Jun 2011, 05:28
Having used Jepps since they started in Australia, I am now finding that revisions are arriving up to 10 days after the effective date. Is this a general thing across the board? Are people finding the company supplied Jepps up to date, or are the amendments also running behind.

Capn Bloggs
16th Jun 2011, 05:48
The recent big one (WFF 2 Jun 2011, Rev 10) arrived a few days late here (personal subscription). Come to think of it, I should have got one for today as well, but no target sighted yet. :confused:

ThePaperBoy
16th Jun 2011, 07:10
Received the latest, issue date 10 June, today.

A pretty poor effort from Jeppesen given they have seemed so scared of litigation in the past.

The argument about international posting and delays shouldn't be valid these days - eBay parcels from overseas can arrive very quickly, why not "navigation publications critical to flying safety"?

beechie
16th Jun 2011, 09:03
Been getting massive delays also. Thinking of going digital with Jepp View and not have to worry about them.

waren9
16th Jun 2011, 10:14
It comes and goes. Usually get mine a couple of days prior to the effective date, but not always.

Whatever. MSA's and ILS inbounds dont change much. I can fudge the rest.

Sorry for the DILLIGAF attitude. Time for a holiday.

Popgun
16th Jun 2011, 14:06
I still hadn't received the latest (Rev 10) 2 days ago so rang them and they mailed out a hand-addressed pack which arrived today.

Hasselhof
17th Jun 2011, 03:05
Thinking of going digital with Jepp View and not have to worry about them.

How much does it cost to go down that route? Excluding the costs associated with doing your own printing that is.

bentleg
17th Jun 2011, 03:36
Jepp addicts probably wont want to convert but Airservices docco always arrives weeks ahead of the due date.

blueloo
17th Jun 2011, 04:14
For the price of the service, its not very good that it is so late.... I'd be inclined to ask for a refund for a portion of it, after all I am sure much of the subscription is for express postage.....

Old Akro
17th Jun 2011, 05:41
I converted to Jepp when AsA changed format. I think this was 2006 /7. Since then I think amendments (I have 2 services) have been late 3 times. Once was an issue Jepp had with the overseas mailing house and the other 2 have been local mail issues, one of which Aust Post owned up to and the other not, but I'm sure it was the local delivery guy.

Have you rung Jepp? I've always found their customer service excellent.

Howard Hughes
17th Jun 2011, 12:40
10 & 11 arrived on the same day, one a week late, the other a week early.:rolleyes:

Have had terrible trouble since despatch switched from Denver to Germany...:confused:

belly tank
17th Jun 2011, 13:03
I went Jeppview and Jeppmobile tc for Ipad a few months ago and i love it, just hit download button at the start of each cycle. i converted my Jepp paper subscription into the Electronic subscription for Ipad which includes a disk to load onto your PC for Jeppview.

Highly reccomend it!:ok:

NZScion
17th Jun 2011, 22:56
Have had terrible trouble since despatch switched from Denver to Germany...:confused:

Not a current Jepp subscriber, but I have always found US Postal services to be pretty good at getting stuff out in a timely fashion. Deutsche Post however, does not show any of the normal German efficiency - I've waited for weeks for items to be delivered - held up at their end.

skylane
18th Jun 2011, 09:22
Whilst ringing Jeppesen in Canberra gets you a copy of the latest amendment, it doesn't solve the late delivery problem, which has been going on for some time.

Perhaps its time that the regulator got involved, as late delivery of chart amendments is a safety concern!

PyroTek
18th Jun 2011, 13:06
Perhaps its time that the regulator got involved, as late delivery of chart amendments is a safety concern!
Using that statement will ultimately put a pilot in the ****, as the pilot has the sole responsibility of the safe outcome of a flight in the end. If his/her defense was that their charts are outdated due to Jeppesen's tardiness, I doubt it would help their case.:suspect:

It is only a safety concern if one decides to fly with the outdated charts, it is their responsibility to ensure all their charts are current. Then again, an issue like this isn't one that will stop commercial pressure to fly regardless.

neville_nobody
18th Jun 2011, 13:42
Except if your company requires you to use Jepps what happens then? Do you refuse to fly because you don't have access to the latest documentation.

If you refused to fly could the company then fire you?

PyroTek
19th Jun 2011, 02:27
That was why I mentioned commercial pressure. :ok:

PyroTek
19th Jun 2011, 05:53
CAR and CAO are not Jeppesen or Airservices publications.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Current Rules (http://casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90902) is where you can find the CAR/CASR/CAA

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Civil Aviation Orders (CAOs) (http://casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_91044) is where you will find the CAO sections.

Dog One
19th Jun 2011, 11:12
Pyro - as you say commercial pressures. Imagine ringing Operations and saying, sorry, can't fly your jet today, my Jepp amendments have not arrived in the mail, and there could be changes in Bali, Manila, Melbourne or Perth of which I may be unaware.

A pilot may have a very good defence legally, as if CASA are aware of Jeppsen's tardiness, and do not get involved, then they have put themselves in a bit of a spot. They are the "Safety Authority" after all.

I think the problem is that Jeppsen have found a cheaper way of despatching their amendments, which is not working out. Enough complaints to Jeppsen, CASA and the many bulletin boards might activate a rethink of one's subscription. After all, there is Airservices!

Dog One
13th Aug 2011, 02:08
Has anyone seen any improvement in the delivery of Jepp's yet. Having been away for a month, it is noted that the amendments for the July 22 and August 5 issues have not arrived in my mail box.. No doubt, ringing Jepp's on Monday will get the lost issues sent from Canberra, but just sending replacements wont solve the problem.

cavok123
13th Aug 2011, 05:23
Same here, haven't seen the July 22 and august update. Spoke to them last week and still nothing has arrived

NIK320
14th Aug 2011, 01:20
July 22 arrived a while ago, just waiting on the Aug 5.
they usually turn up about 10 days later for me.

VH-FTS
22nd Nov 2011, 23:43
Is anyone else having problems with their Jeppesen deliveries at the moment? I received revisions 20 and 21 late, no 22, but 23 on time for once. It's a little embarassing when you find out from a ground controller that one of the plates you are missing is required for a SID...

chimbu warrior
23rd Nov 2011, 00:11
I too am having constant issues with Jeppesen over the past 6 months. In phone discussions I mentioned that a number of my colleagues have the same issues, and get the "..we can't comment on that..." or "....we are not aware of anyone else having problems....."

I've also heard all the old excuses, such as Australia Post are the problem, plus a couple of new and innovative ones, such as the entire stock of amendments got impounded by Customs.

I have not received the 11th November revision, which contains a lot of significant changes, nor the amendment for the 25th, and today's mail is already here.

They seem to want to steer customers toward their electronic service, however that will not work for me. :ugh:

kalavo
23rd Nov 2011, 00:47
Jeppview is great, but when Airservices provides the equivalent product for free...

Altimeters
23rd Nov 2011, 00:51
Yep I can also confirm that I have rev 23 which is early and no rev 22 which is late. I was in the same situation as FTS yesterday which is quite embarrassing. :O

Jabawocky
23rd Nov 2011, 02:21
I have had nothing for weeks either.......I should have two by now also. :ugh:

When the FOI asks about your up to date data....wave the iPad and say, go talk to Jepp, or given them 20c and say call lifeline, they care! :mad:

mates rates
23rd Nov 2011, 03:06
Likewise I have received 23 yesterday but as yet not received 22. I usually ring Canberra and I receive them within a few days if they don't have to be forwarded from O/S. In the past I have requested revisions,received them in a couple of days and then weeks later received the original.I think the problem is probably Australia Post.Having lived in Germany I found their postal system very efficient.Next day delivery from anywhere in the country. Have you noticed with the mailing system here you get a bunch of letters one day,then nothing for days? I suspect,that we don't actually get a DAILY mail service.

NIK320
23rd Nov 2011, 03:46
For some weird reason I am up to date :8
22 turned up on Friday, 23 yesterday.

I went through the missing revision process last month, 18 and 19 failed to board so called Canberra to get replacements sent out. A week later I got 18 and 19 arrive on the same day and both originals. Then the replacements arrived a week later.

Altimeters
23rd Nov 2011, 04:34
Just got a reply from Jeppesen Canberra and they don't have anymore of revision 22. Supposedly I'll get it next week when it comes from the US. :suspect:

MACH082
23rd Nov 2011, 05:07
I'm missing 21 and 22.

Received 23 today.

kingRB
23rd Nov 2011, 06:50
yup, I didnt receive 21. 22 & 23 received within 5 days of each other.

Capn Bloggs
24th Nov 2011, 07:00
the problem is probably Australia Post
The system worked well for years until last year sometime. IIRC the old revisions came from Europe; never missed. Some beancounter who probably made a few $$ in bonuses (and has probably now gone) probably changed the dispatch arrangements and left us with this shemozzle. CASA should issue Jepp with a Show Cause.

I cannot believe that suddenly it is all AP's fault. :cool:

Jabawocky
24th Nov 2011, 07:31
Still nothing in the Jaba PO Box :{

Dog One
25th Nov 2011, 02:30
Received Revision 23 on Monday 21 November. Due for inclusion today (25 November). First time in about 6 months!!!!!!!!!

Jabawocky
25th Nov 2011, 09:18
4weeks now.... Well lucky I have no IFR flights planned for the next 10 days but after that......:uhoh:

Printing and Jepp FD it is.

Jabawocky
27th Nov 2011, 23:59
Just received Rev 23.
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/jaba430/photo-1.jpg

Still no 21 and 22.

So what do you do? :ugh:

Apparently some 21 and 22 are due in tomorrow and will be express posted.

morno
28th Nov 2011, 01:07
It can be quite embarrasing when Brisbane Delivery give you a "Brisbane 2 Departure" and you have to say "Sorry, I don't have a Brisbane 2 plate", because Jeppesen couldn't organise themselves to get the update out to you in time!! :mad:

When will this crap end?

Jabawocky
28th Nov 2011, 01:52
WOT...........like this one?

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/jaba430/photo2.png

Talk to Mrs morno and ask for one of them for Christmas. :ok:

morno
28th Nov 2011, 02:04
Mrs morno has been asked, but unfortunately I don't think it'll be under the tree this Christmas, :(.

Not a problem pulling up the Brisbane 2 using the electronic plates on the MFD, but when you're in the older aircraft still relying on paper, then it's becoming a pain waiting for Jeppesen to deliver your revisions.

morno

Jabawocky
28th Nov 2011, 03:10
Just print that one :ok:

Its a genuine immitation pirated from the interweb thingy Mr FOI:ok:. Jaba gave it to me :suspect:

And tell Mrs morno to do a couple of extra shift's Apple iPad 2 - 16GB 3G + Wi-fi White - New 2011 Model - Tablet PC - iPad - Android - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! (http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/tablet/apple/ipad-2-16gb-3g-wi-fi-white-new-2011-model-sku-68438/)

Capn Bloggs
9th Dec 2011, 11:57
Yahoo! Rev 22 just arrived! Effective 17Nov11. Brilliant! Great! Terrific! :yuk:

mates rates
9th Dec 2011, 23:34
The problem is not Jeppesen.The problem is Australia Post.I had not received 22,so requested it from Jeppesen 10 days ago.It arrived by DHL from the US within a week.Then 2 days latter my original 22 arrived by Australia Post 5 weeks late.

Capn Bloggs
9th Dec 2011, 23:57
Mates Rates, the problem is with Jeppesen. For years, coming from I think Germany or Holland, I got my revisions on time. They then changed the mailing system in the last twelve months or so and the wheels fell off. I couldn't care less how I get them, I must get them on time. It is ridiculous that "Critical to Flying Safety" documents, which I pay good money for, don't arrive on time; in this case 3 weeks late! Whether it comes via cheap-charlie Aust Post snail mail or hand-couriered via taxi, the service Jeppesen chooses must be reliable. It's not and they should lift their game.

Of course, the cynic in me thinks that this is a deliberate plot by the beancounters to get us off paper. :cool:

Ando1Bar
10th Dec 2011, 06:18
And why send about 40+ one-page changes in one issue, then about 4 changes the next...:ugh:

In an amazing development I received issue 24 on time - first time this has happened in 12 months!

kingRB
10th Dec 2011, 09:23
I rung up to order some chart protectors the other week, and the bloke on the phone (cant remember his name but hats off for his willingness to help) asked me if I had missed any of the recent revisions as they had received numerous complaints over missing revisions. Soon as I told him which revision I had not received, he arranged to have it DHL'd immediately. Got it 2 days later.

The system has issues but at least they are willing to use DHL to resolve anything missed. Just get on the phone and tell them.