PDA

View Full Version : PPL (A) licence issue progress?

chopperholic
15th Jun 2011, 18:26
Hi

New to the forum and I have recently passed my JAR PPL(A) skill test - all good but after over a month of waiting still no licence! The lead time I was told was 10 working days but I'm now well past that point. I'm at the point of giving the CAA a ring but I'm sure that I heard or read somewhere that you can check the progress of the application online? I can't for the life of me remember where I heard or read this so it may be a load of rubbish! Just wondered if anyone could point me to a web link if indeed you can check online?

If not then I'll just give the CAA a tinkle.

Thanks!

xrayalpha
15th Jun 2011, 18:32
Could it be that the JAR PPL A has been phased out?

You want a JAR SEP, mate!

chopperholic
15th Jun 2011, 18:50
I was under the impression you couldn't apply for an EASA PPL until 2012? I'm still well confused by it so I just filled out the SRG 1187 form and sent it off. Probs looks like I'll end up paying twice for my licence if I need to transfer next year?

mrmum
15th Jun 2011, 21:02
JAA-PPL (A); the (A) in this context is for aeroplane, not the old CAA group A, single-engine landplanes MTOW 5.7t, which was superceded by the SEP(L) class rating

hazholmes
16th Jun 2011, 18:41
Hi,

Received mine in the post 3 weeks ago after a near one month wait. Give the guys at the CAA a ring, they're quite helpful and friendly.

turbulentmonkey
16th Jun 2011, 19:14
Hi chopperholic,

I just got my license after a 6 week wait. The reason mine took so long was because they lost a form that they were apparently waiting on me sending! :mad: They never even bothered phoning to say they were waiting on it. I phoned 5 times and was told something different every time just to get me off the phone. After an email though, they asked me to send the form they already had. So i sent a copy of the form, and yep, came in the post a week later.

So, give them an email!

SunnyDayInWiltshire
16th Jun 2011, 21:08
I'm sure the date of the latest applications being processed used to be shown on the front page of the Personnel Licensing section at
Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=137)

It seems to just state 10 working days now

I recall mine took 3 weeks to the day

By the way, in the US your examiner issues a temporary airman certificate on the spot with the formal license following on some 2 months later, so you can exercise your PPL qualification immediately.