PDA

View Full Version : EC-145 environmental

grumpytroll
15th Jun 2011, 16:40
I am hoping someone can shed some light on their policies regarding leaving a 145 out in the sun. Any avionics/computer issues while sitting out on a hot day? At what temp do you hangar the aircraft? Anyone seen a good windshield cover in use? Thanks

Cheers

OvertHawk
15th Jun 2011, 19:24
Our company has often had to leave it's 145's outside in high temps / strong sun. Not had any particular avionics issues. Got some basic silver reflective sun-screens that fit inside the cockpit windows which seem to help a fair bit. Not sure where we got them from though - sorry.
OH

Brilliant Stuff
15th Jun 2011, 20:11
On our 135s we use a simple car-sunshade which is lying on top of the coaming the only thing you have to be aware though is if you run the instruments on the ground without going flying then you better remove the sunshade because it will block the air vents or have the pilot vent closed so that all the air is going to the instruments.

We also leave the doors open but you might not be able to do that where you are.

I guess you could also use the cloth cover which comes with the aircraft and goes over the front screens though this will not make for a quick get away.

Kulwin Park
16th Jun 2011, 02:22
Eurocopter should sell those reflective shades, suited to fit that helicopter. Most of us don't even get a hangar.

Ian Corrigible
16th Jun 2011, 02:57
KENEC145-01A: Kennon Sun Shield for EC-145 (http://militaryaircraftcovers.com/militarycatalog.html)

Might also want to give American Eurocopter's Training team a call (972-641-3403, [email protected]). They operate a fleet of EC145s and Army UH-72As in 100F temps and should be able to advise.

I/C

grumpytroll
16th Jun 2011, 02:59
I appreciate all of the information provided.

cheers