PDA

View Full Version : Peter Wall FRAeS

Top West 50
15th Jun 2011, 16:35
A short obituary in The Times today, I'm sure does not do him full justice? Credited with constructing the Victor wing, project engineer for the development of the Victor Mk1 and Mk 2, and involvement in the conversion of the Victor to air to air refuelling tanker and receiver. Any visitor to "Fred's Shed" could surely have wondered how anything so sophisticated could have come from such a chaotic stable! Anyway, thanks Peter Wall, for keeping me safe during a lot of flying hours.

Mimram
5th Dec 2013, 15:59
My daughters and I were so very touched when we read your comments regarding my husband Peter Wall's obituary. As you may remember, he died in April 2011. My eldest daughter came across your words many months later when searching for something on the internet, and immediately tried to trace you, but with no success. Eventually a kind friend took over and found you simultaneously with my eldest grandson - the latter took only 5 minutes! Of all the kind words I received about Peter, your spontaneous and unexpected remarks were the ones which brought me nearest to tears.
Thank you very much.
Best wishes from Patricia, and her daughters Alison and Virginia