PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance for light twin turboprops

gr333
15th Jun 2011, 15:32
Hi everybody,
I am new on this Forum, and french too, so please excuse my english and my artlessness !

I kindly request any information about maintaining a small turboprop airplane.

My partners and I are planning on acquiring a twin turboprop soon.

I would like to know from the real world guys all that is to know about the inspections intervals (100h ? 200h ? ...) and maintenance programs or calendar on the standard Pt6 engines found on Cheyennes, or King Air 90s or 200s, or even Honeywell TPE 331s, and the average cost for these inspections (in Europe if possible ...!)
All I know about turboprops is that the usual TBO is 3600 hrs, and about the same for standard propeller (4000 hrs).
I also heard about specific programs such as MORE, or MSP, allowing to drive these engines way further in time (up to 8000 hrs ??).
Could you tell me about the restrictions, constraints, HSI required in and out of these particular maintenance programs ? And costwise, what is better, what reasons to enroll in such programs ?

Any experience or knowledge of technicians or pilots involved in operating or maintaining a Cheyenne, or King Air, Cessna Conquest, or other light twin turboprop I haven't thought about is very welcome here, so I can have a sharp and clear picture of what is involved in operating such planes.
Any information, hints and kinks about parts availability or any difficulties of maintenance on one of these airplanes is more than welcome here.

My last request is about the differences between FAA and JAA maintenance requirements in terms of inspections intervals, programs and calendar to follow (if any). We might buy a N registered airplane ...
I heard that a few maintenance operations could be done by owners with FAA registered airplanes. If, of course, the owner has received proper training and qualifications to do so.

Thank you so much for answers to come.
I will be looking for them impatiently.

Happy landings !