PDA

View Full Version : separation of flyDubai and Emirates??

ashoo89
14th Jun 2011, 08:11
Hello, Recently I had learnt that flyDubai is independent of emirates and is using its own MRO/airline facilities. Have they completely separated from emirates? or it is just the transition phase? any latest info on this...?

Wizofoz
14th Jun 2011, 08:23
Has always been and remains a completely seperate entity. EK assisted with recruitment early on, but it now is all completely in-house.

sheikmyarse
14th Jun 2011, 10:53
Wizz is always ready...man!!! Are you at time working or your main occupation is pumping EK?
My friend don`t listen to Wiz ..he is kind of biased.
Fly Dubai is owned by Dubai Holdings ,which is in other terms isthe Governemnt of Dubai which owns Emirates and is a DICTATORSHIP which in other terms means the Government IS a guy called Sheik ( my arse!! ) whose brother ( another sheik...) is the President of Emirates it self and at the same time the Chief of the local DGAC.
Dubai is owned by the ruler and his family.... Dubai is not a country or a city... It is a corporation runned on opacity, fear, intimidation and exploitation and a lot of other undesirable unethical attitudes. Unfortunately happens as well to be located in one of most fokked up part of the world which makes it a good protorype of terrestrial hell... enjoy.

777boyindubai
14th Jun 2011, 10:59
Sheikh Ahmad is the Uncle of Sheikh Mohammed. Not his brother.

sheikmyarse
14th Jun 2011, 11:28
sorry... you are right... his younger... uncle.:rolleyes:

Wizofoz
14th Jun 2011, 12:13
Sheik is so far down the rabbit hole that answering a simple question, and confirming that FlyDubai is a separate company to EK is "biased pumping of EK".

It really does rise to the level of a pathology.......

CAT3A
14th Jun 2011, 15:50
use the ignore list

is truly fantastic

ashoo89
14th Jun 2011, 17:27
ohh come on guys....dont teach me what happens in U.A.E, I know a lot...so please dont go off topic...(in short, tired of reading that stuff)

It seems that none of you really know about the ground realities...

this is in the early april news:
Flydubai invests $20m in maintenance and engineering | Airlineberg.com (http://www.airlineberg.com/index.php/2011/04/18/flydubai-invests-20m-in-maintenance-and-engineering/)

Flydubai is celebrating another major achievement today with the announcement that all maintenance and engineering for the airline will now be handled in-house by Flydubai’s own staff.

“I would also like to acknowledge Emirates Engineering, which had been providing our engineering and maintenance on a commercial basis. Bringing this function in house is a further example of our growing maturity as an airline.”

I just wanted to know, is this a transition phase now? or flydubai is on its own??? surprisingly they haven't had a vacancy for mechanics and technicians in the past 5-6 months on their website.... Can any flyDubai employee let me know whats the latest news on this?
thanks

fatbus
14th Jun 2011, 17:32
It's simple Fly Dubai is separate from EK

jackbauer
14th Jun 2011, 17:51
Hey everyone, just for info, sheikmyarse was sacked by EK and is not to be trusted. Poor professionalism caused his demise. You wont be surprised to hear!

yoyonow
14th Jun 2011, 18:45
Just out of interest, go on the FOIP, HR Direct, Org Chart and see what appears on page 1..........

sheikmyarse
16th Jun 2011, 13:37
Jack Bauer... may be one day I will show you my "poor" professionalism....ah ah ah! What a loser you are ..mate.

jackbauer
16th Jun 2011, 16:06
We already know what a self absorbed idiot you are. One word for you SACKED!

maddog62
17th Jun 2011, 05:20
i don't think they are completely separate.
ek cadets will do their first couple of years flying the line with flydubai and, at least the pilots, as far as i know, are in the same staff number sequence as ek pilots.

mad

dubaigong
17th Jun 2011, 06:15
It is true that the EK cadets will be starting with Flydubai and will have an EK contract which means these guys will make more money than some captain despite the fact that they will have no experience at all and sitting on the right with one or two stripes...

I can tell you that this doesn't please plenty of the pilots here but that's the kind of democracy you get here , I guess... we are all equal except that some are more than other.

These cadet will be in the EK pilot list BUT none of the other Flydubai pilots.
We will just be a training school for the future Emirati EK pilots.

jackbauer
17th Jun 2011, 06:19
AFAIK The plan to train cadets with FD has been scrapped.

Old King Coal
17th Jun 2011, 08:16
AFAIK, the plan for EK cadets to fly at FZ has been 'on & off' nearly as much as the whore's drawers in either of the Moscow or York Hotel's - and the last I heard it was back on again, so go figure?! :}

Jet II
17th Jun 2011, 08:36
I just wanted to know, is this a transition phase now? or flydubai is on its own??? surprisingly they haven't had a vacancy for mechanics and technicians in the past 5-6 months on their website.... Can any flyDubai employee let me know whats the latest news on this?
thanks

Fly Dubai does all their own Line Engineering at Dubai, they took control from EK at the end of March.