PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair overnight

davidjohnson6
12th Jun 2011, 15:04
Wizzair run a flight from London Luton to Bucharest, leaving London at 0150 and arriving in Bucharest at 0700. Allowing for the 2 hour time difference, the flight takes 3h10m

Has anyone taken this flight, or has anyone reading this post either operated this flight, or know much about how it's run ? I've flown over 80 times with Ryanair and 60 times with Easyjet so know what to expect from a LCC.

I'm tempted to take it because it's cheap and I can get a full Saturday in Bucharest, instead of arriving about 4 pm
I plan to spend the Friday beforehand working, go home early-ish and get about 4 hours sleep in bed before heading to Luton, but lights full on with sales pitch exhorting me to buy stuff when my body thinks it should be asleep worries me.

Do the cabin crew accept that everyone will want to be asleep and dim the lights, or do they try to flog stuff as if it was mid-morning ?

Anansis
12th Jun 2011, 15:25
If the flight is cheap and the timing convenient I'd say go for it! Invest in some earplugs, an eyemask and a blowup neck pillow. Then they can try and sell to their hearts content without disturbing you. Priority boarding is an advantage too as it's easier to sleep with your head resting against the fuselage. This is what I do if I'm catching a 6am flight (which involves being up at stupid o'clock to get to the airport).

I'm not sure how much Wizzair will try to push inflight sales on this particular flight but normally they tend to be a little less intrusive than the likes of Ryanair or EasyJet.

smala01
22nd Jun 2011, 23:16
I did this once - never again...

Arrived totally knackered - excessive taxi fare (because i didnt have the energy to negociate).

Unable to check in to hotel for 6 hours after i arrived - was able to dump luggage but had to cart a heavy laptop bag around.

I ended up sitting in a cafe for the majority of the day as i didnt have the energy to "tour".

But thats just me - perhaps you have little more energy in your blood :)

Smala01

smala01
22nd Jun 2011, 23:21
Oh and 3 hour delay on the outward :)

The official told me this is effectivly a flight to utilise the aircraft around the clock - so the "knock-on" delays from earlier routings were more common.

Smala01