PDA

View Full Version : Free Tickets With Ryanair

hassel
21st May 2001, 18:17
This story has been out about a week now with no threads appearing. Personally I think it is doomed to failure. Can I book a seat then cancel it at the last minute?. If I cancel will it cost me not to fly but free if I do???? etc etc
hassel

Cyrano
22nd May 2001, 14:59
Hassel:

Didn't see the original story but bear in mind that when Ryanair advertises a price it doesn't include tax, air passenger duty, etc. Hence a round trip STN-DUB (for example) which is advertised as (say) £0.50 each way will end up costing maybe £25. Still cheap, but not as cheap as the headline price!

Note, however, that the taxes and APD are payable per departing passenger. Thus, if you cancel, you're entitled to ask Ryanair for a refund of that amount. Obviously not something they advertise, but they *do* give you the refund (at least they did, politely, on the occasion I wrote and asked politely).

Cheers
Cyrano

Desk Driver
22nd May 2001, 17:00
It is true the Free Flights do not include APD tax and they will only offer this on seats they know they will struggle to sell such as middle of the day flights on business routes and so on. They are apparently buying a new la di da hoity toity IFE system and they intend to offer Football matchs Soap omnibus's current news etc etc on a pay for view basis, so it could work as the whole idea is to re-coup cost through on board sales. Apparently the average spend on a current Ryan flight is an amazing £7 a head, I would want one hell of a cheese sandwich and coffee for that.

Just watch all the Charter boys snatch up this IFE as well.

------------------
-------------------------
You fly em we'll fill em!

whoop.whoop
22nd May 2001, 22:24
You get nothing in this world for free there is always a catch somewhere