PDA

View Full Version : Moorabbin Flying Services - any news?

Jerry Lee
10th Jun 2011, 12:09
I'm very interested to undertake training with them, and I know there are many italians as well.
Anyway, today I've been told that the school is getting everyday worse and the costs are still rising up, and the school is going to hell...

Can you give me any information in regard to the school in general?
I say it again, I'm very interested in this school, always known this school is great, they've got great planes, all brand new planes with glass cockpit. I'm interested to get the Instructor Rating, as well.

Any information and suggestion is well appreciated. Thanks in advance!

MyNameIsIs
11th Jun 2011, 01:27
Everywhere's costs are going up, can't single any particular place out because of that, nature of the beast unfortunately.

As far as MFS, I believe they are going well.

Old Akro
11th Jun 2011, 02:07
MFS is a competent school with good standards and nice instructors. They don't participate in the overseas student factory treadmill. But the best school is the one with the instructor that you like best and teaches in a manner that suits your style. All schools welcome potential students. I'd go there and meet some of the guys, have a tour of the facilities, check out the simulators, etc. Maybe spend the money on a lesson to see how you like the instructor. All the forum posts in the world aren't as useful as a single 20 min meeting.

down3gr33ns
11th Jun 2011, 06:42
Have had something to do with MFS, and a number of other organisations at MB, over the years. As someone has said, costs are rising everywhere and no one school is able to likely withstand ongoing cost pressures significantly different to another.

As for the foreign students at MFS, they are there as a result of astute marketing by MFS whom have tapped into a market in Europe that is otherwise faced with huge costs to learn to fly. They are not your "sausage mill' cadets and MFS is under no pressure to churn them out under pressure from some o/s airline. To the best of my knowledge their foreign students are all self-funded and, as such, they (MFS) are not under pressure to potentially lower standards to ensure the $$$$'s keep flowing from some foreign airline.

But, it's as OA said:

I'd go there and meet some of the guys, have a tour of the facilities, check out the simulators, etc. and All the forum posts in the world aren't as useful as a single 20 min meeting.