PDA

View Full Version : Will all the ETIHAD FO s welcome the new direct entry 777 Captains

Etihadghostrider
9th Jun 2011, 09:15
Etihad is now taking direct entry Captain as of 7th of june as posted on theire website.

So i wonder how all the fos who have been put on hold for command are feeling now ??

Also if you look at the job below 777 captain that we are now looking for a man power Analyst.????? DO YA FIGURE.

Job Search (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/Flightjob.aspx)

What IS NEXT????

ricfly744
9th Jun 2011, 14:42
The salary is still frustrating!
I am in China and looking around for any better deal, but money wise, EY is not appealing. It is a pity.
What is the final? about 11K U$?

White Knight
9th Jun 2011, 22:28
Simple answer?

NO...................

Henry09
9th Jun 2011, 23:45
Well with current events concerning the whistle blower thread whatever they all think, at least on PPRuNe they should all say 'yes; :E

Sunrig
10th Jun 2011, 17:30
It is stated in the requirements for 777 DEC's that you have to be type rated.
So i wonder where would an experienced skipper come from?

CanadaRocks
10th Jun 2011, 19:22
I'm sure some from Thai Airways will be interested.

NG_Kaptain
10th Jun 2011, 20:55
Doesn't matter what the first officers think, Ey will do what they want.

vserian
11th Jun 2011, 12:19
I'm sure some from Thai Airways will be interested.

Any Idea whats the final pay on the 777 in Thai

1000 hrs
13th Jun 2011, 13:40
8,000 + 2,000 usd

millerscourt
13th Jun 2011, 17:47
As 411A is not here any longer to give his opinion I will do it for him and say that any F/O being difficult would soon learn it was not a good career move to get on the wrong side of any new DEC.

d105
13th Jun 2011, 22:41
And why is that exactly? Should FO's who have to put their careers on hold because of some opportunistic DEC just remain quiet and act as if nothing happened?

Without disgracing the memory of 411A, perhaps when one is familiar with his own career history one might see why he would take that view on things.

Sir H
14th Jun 2011, 07:34
Always thought that it was the company who decided who to hire or who to upgrade. Not a disgruntled F/O. That apply especially in the region in question. If you don't like it, the best action is to vote with your feet.

Chandler Bing
14th Jun 2011, 07:57
When most F/O's get upgraded in a Middle Eastern airline, what will they do next ???

Try to get out of this hell and take a DEC opportunity somewhere else, no matter what the local F/O's think

Thus

1, EY management doesn't care of any pilot input, whatever the seat he is on

2, DEC is just a company decision, based on poor training capability and management, short term vision or no vision at all , and divide and conquer strategy, which obviously works.

You can moan as much as you want, EY just doesn' t give a :mad:

People chose to join EY despite PPruners warnings.

Don't say you haven't been warned, some people just think they are more clever than others .
Putting a career on hold in a decent airline to come in the ME to get a command is just plain stupid.
If you had a decent career plan where you were, you would have never left.

If you had been furloughed , then there is light at the end of the sandy tunnel, which will be going back home at one stage or another, and good luck

filejw
14th Jun 2011, 12:29
D105, I think 411a would say if you are hired in the ME as an FO you have no guarantees of anything but a FO position. I think EY has hired DEC's in the past and nobody should be surprised if the do it now or in the future. Not saying its right but for sure its what i would expect if i was working for them.

WYOMINGPILOT
14th Jul 2011, 15:11
Any future talk or plans by Etihad to offer Non Type Rated DEC for the 777? I think Korean offers this as does Qatar but Etihad still lists 500 hours PIC in the 777 as a requirement. Not a flame question, just trying to assess the demand and need for 777 pilots at Etihad.

mach 84
14th Jul 2011, 16:03
have more than the 500 hrs required by them, but would not dare to go there.

Brian Cohen
14th Jul 2011, 18:15
have more than the 500 hrs required by them, but would not dare to go there.

... rostering can be better and money not as much as other reality! A 777 Cpt can really find greener pasture elsewhere!

DownIn3Green
14th Jul 2011, 22:02
Sorry Etihad "GhostRider"...

"Negative. The pattern is full!!!"

As has been said, hire on in the M/E as an F/O, that's what you will be...

IF..."Company Policy" allowed ex-pat upgrades...just for fun...Do You Meet The Qualifications???

If not, then you don't have an iron in this fire...If yes, why did you sign on as an F/O??? (just guessing 'cause your "Profile" reveals nothing...)

And 411a would be proud of the support from the sensible posters here...

parabellum
15th Jul 2011, 03:44
So 'GhostRider" and "d105", when you have had enough of Etihad, or the Middle East, or both and decide to move on from possibly a captains position will you be prepared to go as an FO or will you be looking for a DEC position?

All the airlines around the Gulf have taken DEC either due to expansion or lack of suitable material from within, the practice goes back to the sixties, to my knowledge, so you may as well get used to it, no one will believe you if you now say you didn't know it happened.

samjetblaster
12th Aug 2011, 03:15
Do they have a choice??

kay lo dee
13th Aug 2011, 02:08
Anybody been employed or interviewed for a DEC on the A320 recently.

Would be keen for any info.

Rgds
KLD