PDA

View Full Version : Avalon 2001 Airshow Pictures

Virgin2001
9th Jun 2011, 01:47
Hi all,

I must have overlooked this site a million times......the title acronym through me off....

I was a volunteer at the Australian International Airshow at Avalon in 2001.

I was working in the fast jets compound and marshalling at intersection 'E' I think it was, (near the terminal)

Due to bad luck and a fire I have lost all my photographs, (before the digital age!)

I would like to track down any photo's out there from the airshow in or around the vicinity of the areas I worked......

Thanks in advance.

Al. ;)

alhenderson
9th Jun 2011, 21:01
Al,

I too was a volunteer at Avalon in 2001, although at the camp site, not quite so glamorous!! I have some pics taken with my compact camera, but they're in the loft. Next time I'm up there I'll try and find them to scan them and put them on my Flickr. Not sure when that's going to be, mind you..

Happy memories :-)

Al.

GK430
14th Jun 2011, 14:27
I shall go and check my old Avalon media passes - was that the year that the Beluga was there? If so, I have photos.

If a different year, was it the year that the Omega 707 had accompanied some F-18's down to Aus? Also have photos.

alhenderson
14th Jun 2011, 14:31
I don't think there was a Beluga there in 2001. I remember there was a fairly heavy RAF presence, VC-10, some Tornados and possibly a Sentry.. Also remember some PACAF 'ZZ' coded Eagles and a couple of USN F-18Fs

Al.

GK430
16th Jun 2011, 12:44
First visit was 2003.
Hope you find somebody with '01 photos.