PDA

View Full Version : FA Barton

r-41157
8th Jun 2011, 16:32
Hello

After years of dreaming, I'm finally in a financial position to undertake my PPL. I live in Manchester and have been looking at a couple of flight schools - namely LAC Barton, Multiflight, and FA Barton. I like Barton as there is undisrupted airspace, even if it is a grass runway and get's muddy, but I have been particularly impressed by FA's fleet - modern aircraft with glass cockpits and the outfit seems professional.

I have expressed interest in a 30minute trial lesson in a Cessena 172 - just wondering if anyone has any comments, or if they think I'm missing a trick?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Tom

P.S. I have done a search but couldn't find much comment about FA Barton!

DaveS3Turbo
8th Jun 2011, 19:36
Hi,

I live in Bolton. Did my PPL a EGCK in Wales ( Caernarfon ). The outfit seems very good, I am currently looking at what the best solution is to hour build towards my CPL and found that the aircraft are top quality, just depends how often they are booked at peak times.

If you were willing to travel I know that my instructor with over 5,000 hours in the classroom is fantastic and he knows his stuff and makes it enjoyable for you to learn. Unlike some FI's that are there to build hours towards their dream airline job.

If you can take a couple of weeks off then do it with my FI in wales. Guy called Andy Reay.

Speak to me, I'm 24 trying to follow and love my dream too.

David

Nick-viation
8th Jun 2011, 19:47
Hi Tom,

I am currently doing my PPL with Flight Academy Barton in their PA28, its an absolute pleasure to learn to fly with them, as they are so friendly and helpful. Their Cessna 172 is potentially one of the newest and nicest aircraft at Barton, as it has a full glass cockpit and the aircraft is also very new. All the instructors are very friendly, I am so glad I chose to fly with them as their fleet of aircraft are just formidable!

Hope you do enjoy your trial flight in the c172 and hope to see you down at Barton one day if you choose to fly there. And also the grass runways aren't as bad as you think, its not even that bumpy to be honest! If you can land at Barton, you can land anywhere as the runways are fairly short!:ok:

Regards

Nick

tomboo
9th Jun 2011, 22:07
I have just done a couple of hours with two of their instructors while working in Manchester. A very friendly bunch. The 172 is immaculate, a very different experience in a glass cockpit, if anything it taught me to look outside more, which is a good thing!! ATS people are also very helpful and polite!

T

tomboo
9th Jun 2011, 22:18
I have just done a couple of hours with two of their instructors while working in Manchester. A very friendly bunch. The 172 is immaculate, a very different experience in a glass cockpit, if anything it taught me to look outside more, which is a good thing!! ATS people are also very helpful and polite!

T