PDA

View Full Version : Contacts needed in Australia

mellietheheli
8th Jun 2011, 11:59
First post for me here - just booked a 6 week trip to the East Coast of Australia starting in October.
I am looking to make my way from Brisbane down to Sydney over the period, taking stock photographs and hopefully getting some airtime.
As it is a one off trip for me i do not want to do a validation to fly myself, instead i want to find someone with a 172 to fly with and take in the sights. Happy to pay all the hire and do 20-30 hours at least. I guess an instructor would be fine with a club aircraft or an obliging private owner?
I want a high wing aircraft with a pilot as i always take my camera to harvest heaps of images as i transit about and never liked the idea of flying and taking piccies alone!
Any personal contacts from here would be a better starting point for me, i think, before i start emailing the schools direct.
Many thanks in advance, great forums here, very useful!
Melanie

gileraguy
8th Jun 2011, 21:44
I'm sure you'll get a response if you post in the Downunder Questions section.

thing
8th Jun 2011, 22:00
Laurie Prior is ops and technical guy at Archerfield in Brisbane. Archer is virtually in the middle of Bris and if you're starting there then I would suggest Archer are the place to contact, there are loads of schools and hire places there, it's GA central.