PDA

View Full Version : Cat A privileges

CY333
7th Jun 2011, 13:16
Hi all,

Anybody knows where I can find the Cat A engineering privileges for EASA?

CY333
7th Jun 2011, 13:20
Looked at ELGD but its not very specific....

spannersatcx
7th Jun 2011, 14:32
A category A certifying licence permits the holder to issue certificates of release to service following minor scheduled line maintenance and simple defect rectification within the limits of tasks specifically endorsed on the authorisation. The certification privileges are restricted to work that the authorisation holder has personally performed in a Part-145 organisation.

In otherwords you have no certification privileges. Once you have the licence you then do the approved training at the airline, then what you can sign for is in the componay manual. i.e. wheel change, lamp etc

You can not certify anything other than work you have carried out, been trained for and authorised for.

CY333
7th Jun 2011, 14:35
I am after those components, I know you can sign for wheel change and interior but where is this stated?

Sonic Bam
7th Jun 2011, 15:55
AMC 145.A.30 (g) Personnel requirements

Page 34 of http://www.easa.eu.int/rulemaking/docs/technical-publications/EASA_Part-145.pdf

This is the basic list but can be amended and added to by a Part 145 organisation on agreement with the national authority of the country where the Part 145 organisation is registered. The list of what a Cat A can certify is in the Part 145 organisation's Exposition or procedures manual. As Spanners points out below, a Cat A cannot certify anything except what is on their company issued authorisation.

Fargoo
7th Jun 2011, 16:27
Company Exposition, it varies depending on what your firm has agreed with the local regulator.

Rigga
7th Jun 2011, 21:15
Spot on, Fargoo.

The list in Part 145 is an example of the types of work that may be done by a Cat A that is trained and authorised by the company's quality and approval systems. Any tasks that the company wants their Cat A's to conduct have to be agreed by the local NAA who will check the company's initial and continuation training systems and the company approval systems.

easaman
8th Jun 2011, 10:23
Considering what you need to study for a CAT-A, it is better to go right away for a B1 licence.
If you do not have sufficient work experience for a B1.1 but for an A1, you can get an A1 licence in the mean time!
Greetings
easaman