PDA

View Full Version : Building A Home Virtual Cockpit

Mahdi Hass
7th Jun 2011, 12:43
Heyy Im new here and sorry, I was unsure were i should post this :confused:

Anyway Im planning on building A virtual cockpit (simple one) in my room and need a few tips and recommendations if anyone has built one themselves.

My cockpit consists of

A 37" plasma main screen of the cockpit,
2 19" screens for flight controls and gps, maps, toggles etc,
A saitek pro flight yoke and throttle levers
Im using Flight sim X

I dont have a design im just stacking them on my table and mouting the plasma, if someone could give me a kick start for a nice design to make it look like a awesome cockpit then :ok:

To power all this im using a Macbook Pro, the problem im facing is how can i wire up all 3 screens on a laptop? Ive seen other cockpits where multiple pcs are used, but i only have a macbook pro.. :ugh:

If anyone knows any devices i could use to connect the screens, also if anyone knows were i can buy some flight controls.

thank you for your helpp!!

FlightPathOBN
8th Jun 2011, 20:50
with your toy Mac, try ScreenRecycler for multiple screens, you may have to get a docking station with multiple heads, then set res to 3048x768 and span multiple screens...not sure with the toy computers..but good luck

Doors to Automatic
8th Jun 2011, 22:01
Try typing 'cockpit building' into google - it will give you a raft of forums specific to this hobby which will probably be a lot better suited than this one :ok:

Good luck with your project - a home cockpit connected to the internet for real weather and atc is a lot of fun!