PDA

View Full Version : Aerocare Adelaide

Mooboog
7th Jun 2011, 05:41
Hey Guys,

First time here. I'm looking at getting a job in Adelaide with Aerocare (or any other ramp side mob that does the equivalent). I know that Toll Air Services do something similar, and I'm not really fussed what way I go, so I'm open to options.

Just wondering if anyone here is in the industry and could give me an insight to their experience. I've read a post about Aerocare from a few years back, some words good, some bad. Apparently working conditions weren't that great back then either i.e. 24 hour shifts etc. but others seemed to love it.

Also, any idea what pay is like? Not a major issue, just curious.

Cheers

Jethro Gibbs
7th Jun 2011, 06:32
Go to the application on there site fill in with a e mail and name not your own so you can see how stupid the application process is just time wasters.

ChaseIt
7th Jun 2011, 07:52
Hey mate i found Aerocare to be a joke... i only did it to keep my head above water until i got into the left seat... If you are planning to start flying or if your looking for your first pilot job somewhere and need cash then defiantly give it a crack... However if your looking to make something more of it, i'd strongly recommend to just apply straight to the mainlines themselves...

Mooboog
7th Jun 2011, 08:13
Not looking to make a career of it, just for six months or so, I've got something lined up in the future.

Why was it so bad, if you don't mind me asking?

ChaseIt
7th Jun 2011, 08:47
The company didn't really value their employees and didn't treat them well, During my 6-7month stint there, the number of staff i saw pass through there would be pushing 50... Having said that i didn't work at AD... Mate if your planning to do it for 6 months i give you the thumbs up to take a crack. I don't regret my time there but it was a means to an end and not something you would want to make a career or even 1+ year long job...I will admit for the first few months i really enjoyed, i only enjoyed it because i was around where i wanted to be (Virgin) and just coming into the industry i got to learn some interesting things.

I know that when i'm up the pointy end i appreciate everything they do a lot more having been there and knowing how they feel. Some of the pilots used to treat us like s*&t when i was there, something i never plan to do, since the pit crew can make or break you getting back home on time or even early...

Mooboog
7th Jun 2011, 12:10
Fair enough. I've just completed the online part of the application, we'll see how we go over the next few days/weeks. Thanks for the insight mate.

ChaseIt
8th Jun 2011, 02:10
No prbs best of luck