PDA

View Full Version : Aurigny flexible fare scam

Malthouse
6th Jun 2011, 05:56
Beware if you book an Aurigny flight and chose the flexible fare, I tried and failed to get to my destination with them yesterday and was told there was a 40 pound charge to change my flexi ticket.

The airline already has a poor reputation for unfair charges, with it's per-leg card payment fees.

bnt
6th Jun 2011, 06:23
They charge to change a flexi ticket? Weird. I had to change a non-flexi Ryanair flight a few years ago, last-minute, because I overslept - and they charged me less than that.

ChicoG
6th Jun 2011, 06:34
I tried and failed to get to my destination with them yesterday

Is that like a posh way of saying you missed your flight?

cavortingcheetah
6th Jun 2011, 07:49
Depends whether he's a white collar worker in which case it could be chav for saying he was too drunk to find the airport. The working classes are beyond reproach of course but well nigh extinct in England and totally so in Scotland and elsewhere in the British Isles.

Malthouse
6th Jun 2011, 09:23
"Is that like a posh way of saying you missed your flight?"

lol No, I checked in early.

There was fog in Alderney and Guernsey and when I said I wanted to re-book my flexi for the day after (today) they told me to hand over 40 quid.

Malthouse
6th Jun 2011, 09:26
I have since been told that the guy should not have asked for money, but no explanation has been offered as to why he did.

ChicoG
6th Jun 2011, 12:58
I have since been told that the guy should not have asked for money, but no explanation has been offered as to why he did.

Lack of training by the sounds of it.

cavortingcheetah
6th Jun 2011, 15:05
The donkeys are coming up for their fiftieth anniversary providing an offshore money laundering facility, the Crapauds have just had theirs. Perhaps this was a local attempt at inward investment?

Hotel Tango
6th Jun 2011, 16:09
Malthouse, if it had been me I would have immediately informed the gentleman that he must be mistaken and insisted I speak to a supervisor. I often come across poorly trained staff at check-in desks.

Malthouse
6th Jun 2011, 16:18
I said he must be wrong and he agreed, showed me where it said Fully Flex on his screen. :ugh:

Beer_n_Tabs
6th Jun 2011, 19:22
Sounds like some fella might have just made a mistake...it does happen you know...and you give it the....

Aurigny flexible fare scam

As you then posted....

[QUOTE]I said he must be wrong and he agreed, showed me where it said Fully Flex on his screen[QUOTE]

:=

Malthouse
6th Jun 2011, 19:34
He still left me with no choice, pay or fly. I posted this when it first happened and the situation is still unfolding, wag your finger if you like but airlines make choices about training levels.

Even though the booking system told this person that I had a Flexi Fare, he still demanded I pay. :confused:

radiosutch
13th Jun 2011, 08:01
Simple case of the bloke made an error. Aurigny are one of the best around, ie not jobsworths, when it comes to sorting this sort of error out and they do respond quickly to emails (unlike Flybe) and they have a real telephone number (not a rip off 0870 number like Flybe).