PDA

View Full Version : EK inerview group May 30- June2nd

Willisaaw
5th Jun 2011, 11:54
Great group of guys I met over there, I know 4-5 of us got cut on day 1, how many made it to day 4?

atiuta
5th Jun 2011, 13:23
No response, perhaps none.

Bring Back The Biff
5th Jun 2011, 14:53
Only another 770 pilots to go before the end of next year...

fatbus
6th Jun 2011, 01:23
What was the flying background of your group?

Willisaaw
6th Jun 2011, 14:24
777 Freighter,
MD-88
Airbus 319/320
B-737
CRJ-900
Crj-200
Focker-100
B-757
Emb195

Mostly Europeans, one Colombian, and a couple Asian pilots. Seemed like a very experienced group.
I heard only 2 out of 16 made it all the way through to the medical. Don't know if that is correct or not yet.

Obbie
6th Jun 2011, 15:25
Pompous piggyface Paul C. does like to fancy himself as the keeper of the precious.:}

They turned away several good guys from my group as well.
There are obviously other motivators driving the selection.
I find it hard to believe that the general skill level of the world pilot
group is that unacceptable.

Mr. PC did his best to lead me down the garden path in my sim,
but at the end of the ride I had simply left him no option but to pass me.

Thanks for nothing though, you egotistical ass. :ok:

White Knight
6th Jun 2011, 16:30
I find it hard to believe that the general skill level of the world pilot
group is that unacceptable.

I think you'd be surprised.... And no. It's not just the sim that will undo a candidate....

eagerbeaver1
6th Jun 2011, 18:41
Obbie, why don't you elaborate a little more?

airlove
7th Jun 2011, 10:26
A 380-800 driver ... Dont be stupid ... Its just typing mistake . If you dont have brain to understand that it was typing mistake , what can we say to you . GO TO HELL ...

helen-damnation
7th Jun 2011, 12:29
Obbie,

Did you get all the way to the end of the assessment? With the vitriol, I'm guessing not :oh:

BYMONEK
7th Jun 2011, 13:52
Obbie

Slagging off one of your interviewers before you've even joined does not bode well for you. That you flew so well that he 'had to pass' you says more about your pomposity than his. Being led down the garden path is common practice in our operation given the multitude of poor destinations we fly to so get over it.

If you're given a job offer, change your aggressive attitude before you join. This airline might be getting bigger by the day but arseholes stand out a mile, especially under training. :=

fliion
7th Jun 2011, 21:08
Obbie... Continue down that road... Then be prepared to be eaten alive

Best you be humble my lad...otherwise train wreck alert

fliion

flaphandlemover
8th Jun 2011, 08:03
We have a saying....

if you **** your pants, it's easy to stink......

Happy flying...

PS.
Please recruitment team..... get rid of those stinkers before they come over... we have a few already... no need of more...

Cloud Bunny
8th Jun 2011, 10:14
The guys I had in the SIM were an great, it was almost a pleasure! Of course I was so completely brilliant that they had no option but to pass me :}:}. Seriously though it was a very tough but very fair selection I thought. At every stage they made us feel relaxed and at ease. I made it all the way through and start in a couple of months - cannot wait. For those interested in the stats out of the group of 16 that started on day one, 4 of us were offered jobs. Standards are high and they appear to be maintaining that over just putting bums on seats, which as far as I am concerned is very much to their credit.

position & hold
9th Jun 2011, 03:29
Anyone from the may/june interviews been given the nod yet?

I'm told 6 from the 29 may group made it to medical day, 2 from the 30 may group.

Great bunch of candidates and recruitment staff to spend a few days with, it was tough but overall an enjoyable experience!

Shadowsonclouds
9th Jun 2011, 14:04
Yep, I was in May and made it. Quite surprised how many dropped out. Good guys, who personally I'd most likely employ. But EK seem to have this model and if you "spike out" your not invited.

I'm looking forward to it.

Good luck to those researching.

jackx123
9th Jun 2011, 16:04
join us a t GF for a couple of years and u'll get hired ;):}

eldee5
11th Jun 2011, 13:56
It looks as though they have gathered everything they know about aviation psychology, identified what qualities they are specifically looking for, and developed tests in order to measure and assess them. Sparkle a little probing about living in Dubai, and there you have it! Whether it's technical understanding, professionalism, adaptability, teamwork, leadership and decision making, they have it all covered. At the end of the day, it's the applicant's job to display what they are looking for through skills, and behavioral examples as far as the personal and psychological phases are concerned. They are picky now because they can still afford it. In a few years, when the pilot shortage comes around the corner...maybe not so much.