PDA

View Full Version : Marked as Ap

Luckycat
2nd Jun 2011, 07:32
Couple of questions guys:

Has anyone heard of someone having Ap revoked - or being unfit for military while being fit for civilian aviation?

How much importance would CAA medical board place old CAMB findings (from 20 years ago) if standards are different & no evidence of 'unfitness to fly'?

Rossian
2nd Jun 2011, 18:05
....in not understanding WTH the above post is about? Help me (us) out pussycat.

The Ancient Mariner

Wholigan
2nd Jun 2011, 18:54
Nope ... I'm with you Rossian, no idea at all. Must be older than I thought!

Gnd
2nd Jun 2011, 19:24
A part? that could stop you flying depending on which part was revoked, same rules apply now as then I think?

Stuff
2nd Jun 2011, 19:55
Well his problem sounds medical and the medical dictionary says AP means either Anteroposterior, a way to take an X-Ray or abdominal - perineal resection, something you don't really want to happen to you.

I hope it's neither of the above but he's going to have to give us a hint.

Airborne Aircrew
2nd Jun 2011, 21:32
Start here ...
(http://www.all-acronyms.com/cat/7/AP)

Luckycat
3rd Jun 2011, 12:45
I was grounded in the distant past by the Central Air Medical Board
(Fleet Air Arm medical assessment body- status Ap = perm unfit pilot)
Reason was G-Loc so bye-bye fixed wing training...etc

Now retired, kicking my feet up & looking to fly again...
I wanted to check to see if anyone knew of a military medical fail passing a CAA Class 1? (Can hardly see BA sending their aircrew to the centrifuge...)

airborne_artist
3rd Jun 2011, 13:04
Does it even get into the plot that you were discharged from the FAA medically unfit for flying?

The CAA will only care about past ill-health (such as diabetes, heart conditions etc) and your current status. You were not ill, so why tell them?

Max Contingency
3rd Jun 2011, 13:50
Hmm, suspect you might be a victim of Dr's handwriting and you were given a medical category of A4 (unfit aircrew).

I guess it depends on how you answer the question "have you ever had an aviation medical certificate denied suspended or revoked by any licensing authority."? on your initial Class 1 application. My advice would be to come clean and discuss it with an AME on the basis that the first money you should ever spend on commercial flight training is the medical fee.

It might not be a show stopper as there are some areas where the Class 1 standards are lower than military aircrew initial entry standards (eyesight)

airborne_artist
3rd Jun 2011, 14:12
have you ever had an aviation medical certificate denied suspended or revoked by any licensing authority

But the Armed Forces do not issue licences, so he's in the clear. Simples :D

Another St Ivian
3rd Jun 2011, 14:19
Luckycat: Have a look at getting an NPPL, if it's just recreational flying you're after.

At the most basic level, you're simply required to obtain a HGV driver's medical sign-off from your GP.