PDA

View Full Version : ASL Survey

Steve888
25th May 2011, 04:13
Just got an email from someone at ASPEQ Limited, apparently the parent company of ASL Pty Ltd, asking me to fill in a survey about my exam experiences with ASL.

Anyone else got one of these? I can imagine some...interesting answers will be given to some of the questions.

knox
25th May 2011, 04:33
Well I hope you pass ;)

Knox.

PyroTek
25th May 2011, 06:29
To be honest I was impressed by ASL's service during my CPL tests. They made allowances for people due to the floods, the examiner was courteous and the exam experience was what I expected, quiet and ... normal (for an exam). The only issue I have is the cost associated...:ok:

Lasiorhinus
25th May 2011, 07:26
Splitting the exam system into two sides, the CASA side and the ASL side, I agree with Pyro; ASL do a pretty good job.

In fifteen or so exams with them, at at least four exam centres, the staff have always been helpful and polite, airconditioned and quiet rooms for examming, and I only had one instance where the computer system broke and I couldn't sit a scheduled exam. ASL were very apologetic and rescheduled me at my convenience and no charge, plus the supervisor bought me a coffee as I'd travelled a fair distance for the exam.

CASA on the other hand, changing the wrong rules in relation to tagging AIPs, charging delivery fees for what amounts to allowing an ASL computer to access a database electronically, requiring you to prove seven times that you've passed BAK, and other silly things - they're the ones who need a survey.

b_sta
25th May 2011, 07:28
Yep, I'd agree. I've always found the ASL guys very accommodating, eg. stuck in traffic in pouring rain and still allowed in 10 minutes after the official exam start time, no issues. Allowed to duck across the road at the start of the exam and pick up charts I needed that I wasn't able to obtain before the exam.

CASA, on the other hand, are hopeless.

DeltaT
25th May 2011, 08:17
ASL NZ should try doing a survey on their services!

NIK320
25th May 2011, 12:19
I managed to get a free move out of my own stupidity a few years back.

Realised half way to the exam centre that I forgot to bring my logbook with the BAK pass in it. I knew they where going to check it for a CPL exam so I called to advise I wasn't going to attend the exam due to the time it would take me to drive back home and get it.
The call centre operator offered to ask the manager to which I initially said there was no point and I understand I need to repay the delivery fee but she would not take no for an answer.
I was on hold for a few minutes and was then advised I could rebook it for free.

I don't think I have ever had a negative experience with ASL

belly tank
25th May 2011, 14:01
I did the survey today was brief....I've been flying 16 years mostly in rotary and in the last 3 years completed IRex all Atpl heli, Cpl fixed and Atpl fixed subjects so a total of 15 exams ( i get credits for converting atpl's) and not had one issue.

I've done all but one exam at Cessnock (did atpla flight planning at archerfield) and found the staff to be very accommodating in a stressfull situation. :D

But if you want to start a thread on Casa wording ambiguity and grammar well that's another survey in itself:eek:

Dangnammit
25th May 2011, 22:29
1) In an examination, you will be tested on the subject at hand........

Select one of the following.

a) Problem with casa is that your tested on you're understanding of the english language two.
b) Problem with casa is that your tested on your understanding of the english language to.
c) Problem with casa is that you're tested on your understanding of the english language too.

Thank goodness I never have to step foot in an exam centre again.