PDA

View Full Version : Want To Do The ATPL Written Exam

born to suffer
24th May 2011, 14:34
I Want To Do the ATPL Exam.
wondering If I can Do it at dubai or abu dhabi, Or anyone may recommend some other place?
And is it enough If I study From the 2011 ATPL preparation book?
Any Info would be more than appreciated

Thank you in Advance

Pull_up
24th May 2011, 15:29
Which ATPL you want to do? Specify the authority.

born to suffer
24th May 2011, 16:46
Tanks for reply
want to do an ICAO ATPL
recently many Airlines asking For ICAO Frozen ATP
Thats why I want to do it

Matt101
24th May 2011, 17:36
ICAO ATPL is just alluding to the fact that the authority who they wish you to have acquired your fATPL from should be in an ICAO State (i.e. not Tuvalu?!) ICAO does not itself issue licences.

In the UAE you can sit GCAA exams, there are some JAA approved schools. Not sure about FAA etc.

Also if you go the JAA/GCAA route you should know there are 14 exams not 1.

I'd suggest you go and read some info in the wannabe (I hate that term) forums where there are plenty of "stickies" on the subject, to give yourself a better idea of what is required.

born to suffer
24th May 2011, 19:20
Thank you Matt For The Info I really appreciate it
I know ICAO itself does not Issue license.
when i graduated from the aviation school in jordan I Did the exam
we studied from the Faa ATPL book, and the exam was multiple choice
that was around six years ago.
now I wondering If it is the same at UAE or should I do the JAA ATPL Exams which you said it is 14 subjects
now I am flying for Yemenia Airways and they operate under the CAA rule, so my license is CAA
my questions is
1- does the exam at UAE same as at jordan or is it only JAA exam?
2- And If it is only JAA , is it possible for my to do the JAA exam while my license is CAA?

Pull_up
24th May 2011, 20:30
Do you hold a Yemenia atpl?
Is Yemenia an ICAO recognized state?
Where do you want to fly with the atpl?

Then if yes, you can convert your Yemenia license to a GCAA atpl by writting the uae airlaw and doing a gcaa medical.
Else i would advise you to get an FAA atpl, cheaper and easier.

Matt101
25th May 2011, 06:33
The GCAA regs are pretty much CAA regs with some notable exceptions. You can convert to GCAA licence fairly easily if you already hold an FAA licence but it is only of any use if you want a job in the UAE. If you do a GCAA licence from scratch you require 14 exams a conversion is just the air law exam.

As pull up says - it really depends where you want to work.

born to suffer
25th May 2011, 14:30
Thank's matt and pull up
And to answer your questions pull up
No I don't hold an YEMENIA ATPL , and yes Yemen is an ICAO recognized state
At this stage I don't plan to fly any where yet, but I am doing the ATPL as a back up plan
if the situation get worst in Yemen I will apply for a job in any place.
currently I am a first officer on Boeing 737-800.
Matt I am holding a YEMENI CAA licence but i don't want to convert my licence to a GCAA, I just want to do the CAA ATPL written exam.
can I do it at civil aviation in UAE??
best regards

Pull_up
25th May 2011, 18:34
Go for the FAA exam, there are many exam center in the world for the written, check their website and choose the one closer to you.
When you ready to unfroze it, just go for 3 days in the state and do a flight test there.
Those guy are an expert in dealing with expat and getting your FAA ATPL :ATP Flight School: Airline Pilot Training & Pilot Career Development (http://www.atpflightschool.com/)

Avfreak
23rd Jan 2013, 06:45
Hey I asssist with clearing all categories of ATPL CLASSES in dubai at.
Personalised yet professional help!!

call me on 0529293544.

Twinotterguy
26th Jan 2013, 06:05
I heard In UAE they follow JAA syllabus so you have to do all 14 exams which can take lot of work and time. Better you go for FAA ATP and if you want to work in the UAE you can just convert which is fairly easy.

High777
16th Feb 2017, 11:37
Hi Guys and a Gals,

I'm sitting a GCAA ATPL H law exam soon, can anyone offer any assistance?
It would be very much appreciated.

Thanks