PDA

View Full Version : Business/VIP Jet orbiting North Sydney?

polair911
24th May 2011, 03:44
Hey guys,

Just something I find quite interesting, as I am typing I could see this Mid-size jet orbiting the Northern part of Sydney from my office window, what's the deal??

It's pure white in colour and looks like a Gulf to me. Just thought it's an interesting scene to share :E

Happy flying all!!

PA911

Capn Bloggs
24th May 2011, 03:47
Ask your boss! :}

polair911
24th May 2011, 03:51
HAHAHA.........could be delivering my b'day present, he's a week late tho := not good enough!!

CaptainMidnight
24th May 2011, 07:59
It was a Bombardier Global Express it seems.

Webtrak is your friend ....

Airservices Australia - Aircraft Noise - WebTrak Locations (http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aviationenvironment/noise/webtrak/locations.asp)

click on Sydney
after the page loads, down the bottom left, untick "Show current flights"
change the date and time as desired, then click on "set"
when the new page loads, left click on the aircraft of interest
a window should popup (you can drag it around the screen to de-clutter), and in it click on the centre (aircraft) icon
the ground track of the aircraft should be displayed

And for something more cool:

down the bottom left of screen, click on the "address lookup" tab
enter your address
a house icon should appear at that location
then in the aircraft's popup window, click on the house icon
and another window should display the distance of the aircraft from the location ...

For info the "current flights" are about 40 minutes old, some aircraft are automatically suppressed e.g. police, and Airservices can suppress aircraft from the history file as well.

Wanderin_dave
24th May 2011, 08:59
I just thought it was a 34sqn Challenger with Julia and Bob in the back in charge of the destination.

Victor India
24th May 2011, 10:53
Wanderin,

You won't find a 34SQN Challenger cirlcling/holding with Julia on board. :E Not for traffic anyway...

VI

Jabawocky
24th May 2011, 11:54
I did see it this morning also from Randwick, an wondered the same thing, was unusual.

I then drove to BK and waited forever for a departure. No prob with bk twr tho, just jmac's class D:{:ugh:

B772
24th May 2011, 15:58
Victor India. I believe Wanderin_dave was suggesting hopeless Julia and bend over Bob are 'going around in circles' in performing their parliamentary duties.

swh
24th May 2011, 16:23
You won't find a 34SQN Challenger cirlcling/holding with Julia on board.

I guess the aircraft was at 6067' and the bunnies on the port side.

Keg
24th May 2011, 23:06
They departed in front of us this morning and 'stayed low' and headed out over water roughly on the 075 radial from Sydney. I heard departures talking to them about 'starting their run' but had no idea what it was about.

ollie_a
24th May 2011, 23:20
Vh-ocv, rmk/aerial photography ifr operations
visually below lsalt in company with helicopter
sts/aerial photography

polair911
24th May 2011, 23:32
so where did "they" depart from?? Cos from webtrak, it seemed like they came from the North! Photo shooting flight?

yea...the wx wasn't the best for photo shooting, and it disappeared a few time behind clouds :hmm: