PDA

View Full Version : Sinusitis/Rhinitis fix; balloon sinuplasty

The Right Stuff
23rd May 2011, 19:48
I've had a balloon sinuplasty operation in recent weeks as treatment for chronic sinusitis/rhinitis of 5 years.

I thought others might like to know that I'm rather impressed; life has gone from unbearable hell to more or less normal. Further improvements are probably going to happen over the coming months, but so far the best things are no headaches and I'm sleeping much better.

I researched it myself online, contacted balloonsinuplasty.com and took the leaflet to my GP (who hadn't heard of it). From referral by my GP to op on the NHS took about 4 months.

If you have sinus problems I recommend you take a look.

Fingers crossed for me and a little dream of flying for work might just be back on again.

Loose rivets
23rd May 2011, 21:37
Thanks for the post and the link.

I had one flight c1970 I will never forget. Pain increasing as we climbed, and fine again on landing. We were short-haul so not too long, but 4 hours of total hell.

I had the idea then it was caused by flying before getting better from a cold. Crewing were pestering everyone to cover for the guys of to learn a new type. Lesson is, don't buckle under pressure to fly when you know darn well it's unwise.