PDA

View Full Version : EY wants to be a 3 star restaurant in the Michelin guide

NineInchSnail
23rd May 2011, 13:19
I guess EY will barely make it as a 3 star airline in the next skytrax ranking this year so now they decided to hire Onboard Chefs for the pleasure and entertainment of the First Class passengers.
Onboard Chefs at EY= SkyChefs at GF

The Gulfairisation of Etihad continues...............

NG_Kaptain
23rd May 2011, 20:04
How soon do we get Embraers?

Ben_Al_Katre
24th May 2011, 09:24
It amazes me that anybody who have worked at McDonalds, Burger King, etc even as a cashier qualifies for the SKY CHEF position at EY. I seriously doubt these people have any clue about how to make a simple ommelette; basically, to qualify for this job it is enough to know how to re-heat the meals on a microwave :yuk::yuk::yuk:
Way to go EY!!!!!!!! you are becoming Goof Air. Can't wait for the Embraers.

Ben:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Matt101
24th May 2011, 09:47
Are you lot ever in a good mood? It must be terribly hard work being miserable all the time.

I'm sure you have legit complaints too but jumping on every email from HQ and crying "heretics" just makes you look a bit unstable you know.

Is it a new position or a swap out of curiosity?

Bredrin
25th May 2011, 07:52
A Food and Beverage Manager and a Chef? Interesting, is that the way to sell first class as opposed to just upgrading people? The INTERESTING decisions continue

Bypass ratio
25th May 2011, 08:39
I can just picture a Filipino Sky Chef flambéing a banana in the forward galley! A 3 star Michelin meal requires more than a Microwave......Hilarious.:D

Bredrin
31st May 2011, 07:40
Sad to hear more staff getting left behind. Can't even take your Mom, Dad, Wife, Brother or Sister on a cabin jump seat any more. Painful what has and continues to happen.

2000GT
31st May 2011, 16:40
The Skytrax reviews are real eye-openers. Short-term thinking at its best! We need to break even so let's degrade the service and drive our guests away. Yeah, that's the ticket! Penny wise and pound foolish.

I know in Thailand and some other countries when there are fewer customers the small business owners raise the prices to extract the most from the remaining tourists which in turn results in even fewer customers. Doesn't work, never has. Diamond Class is mostly always empty lately.

millerscourt
31st May 2011, 17:04
Gulf Air tried it so no surprise EY are considering it.

ODMEA
1st Jun 2011, 01:35
As a Gold for Life GF FF I can assure you the chefs aboard GF's old F Class and now Falcon Gold class are FULLY qualified 5* hotel standard chefs. The food was superb and GF won for 2-3 yrs in a row best F Class food.

It was a superb service and one of the main reasons I flew GF from Sydney. That said GF's F fares were cheaper than EK's J class so it was a no brainer. 8 sleeper seats, PJ's, 2 lavs, chef usually from Aus, UK, France Malta, Italy, just to name a few! - who unlike 3rd world cabin crew knew how to hold a convo and had life experience.

EY could do a lot worse!

CanadaRocks
1st Jun 2011, 14:41
SEC 3....Maybe they will have you put an apron on in cruise, and make the eggs :-)) iAchieve!!! All for 2%.
I will have mine sunny side up please ;)