PDA

View Full Version : A320 Online FCOM's

dovish
22nd May 2011, 19:37
Hello all,

one time I was looking on the web for Airbus FCOM and found this website http://www.inral.com/320/ it was a very simple way to look for information in the FCOMS, very organized with some animation gifs explaining better the systems.

But few weeks ago this webiste is no longer available. Is there anyone that know where I can find such FCOM's??

Thanks in advance.

ReverseFlight
23rd May 2011, 03:21
[deleted by reverseflight]

Bus Driver Man
23rd May 2011, 04:17
http://www.smartcockpit.com (http://www.smartcockpit.com/)

FCOMs are in pdf format, so not so organized as the previous link, but at lot of info on different aircraft types.

Oriana
23rd May 2011, 07:03
Reverse flight that's really uncool.

That site you linked to is just hosting the Biggles Software on line - more than likely unauthorised.

The owners of that software have been notified - take your link down.

Guys spend alot of their own resources to develop this sort of resource for a pretty small market - they don't need to get ripped off on the small market they have.:mad:

Why don't you actually pay to purchase the software: Biggles Software :: Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 Flight Crew Operating Manual (FCOM) (http://www.biggles-software.com/software/airbus_320.htm)

If you're flying an A320 - you should be able to afford it.

mixture
23rd May 2011, 07:11
Oriana,

Well said... especially as ....

The Personal Licence is priced at either £24.95 per single type or £39.50 for two types.

HundredPercentPlease
23rd May 2011, 08:49
Likewise. Software theft is as irritating as any other theft. Have a look at the whois record....

Fadi Ashour | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=505469162)

ReverseFlight
23rd May 2011, 15:49
Guys, first of all, thank you for your enlightening guidance. The truth is I was not aware the content of that website is unauthorised. I am not as tech-savvy as some of you are and I cannot tell the difference. I just came across the link in a Google search for something about the A320.

Consequently, I am taking on board your learned advice to delete the entirety of my previous post. In addition, I apologise for any annoyance or offense (not forgetting also the abhorring irritation mentioned by one of our friends here) that my post has caused.

My innocent response to assist a fellow pilot in need has been met with unreserved public condemnation, before I've had the opportunity to publish my side of the story. In this thread I have been labelled a thief, a rip-off, and portrays me as a repulsive member of this forum to be ridiculed and ostracised by all our readers.

Of course I appreciate a lot of hard work goes into the FCOMs. That is why I have purchased my own authorised set from a reputable source and I have no need to scrounge around the internet for pirated or unauthorised copies. I would therefore politely decline your very kind offer to purchase the said software - dare I mention the name here in case it is latent pseudo-advertising on this forum. I have every intention to remain a law abiding citizen in our common cyberspace.

This experience has left me with a bitter taste in my mouth, but I would not hesitate to extend a helping hand to other Ppruners in need, as I believe this is the true spirit of the Pprune forum - this applies not only to dovish (the original post) but to every person who has taken the time and trouble to contribute to this thread.

Allow me to conclude with what I was trying to find out when I was Googling. There is a reference in my (authorised) set of A320 FCOMs to a residual braking procedure but I cannot find the procedure anywhere else in the FCOMs. Will anyone be charitable enough to help me out ? Or have I been banished to damnation for eternity ?

dovish
23rd May 2011, 21:57
ReverseFlight,

I share your Thoughts! Did not understand why your post was such a big deal. But move on and keep the spirit like you've just said.

Regarding the residual braking procedure you have a brief note in FCOM 3.03.19 p8 at the bottom of the page.

"Note: Due to the accomplishment of the alternate braking functional test after the landing gear is downlocked, brief brake pressure indications may be observed on BRAKE PRESS indicator."

I was told if we have such indication we should hit the pedals.

I dunno if this was of any help but it was all I could find.

Regards.

ReverseFlight
24th May 2011, 04:23
Thanks dovish, that was very helpful.

I was also looking at 3.03.19 p8 and was expecting a little more explanation about the "procedure". I guess like everything else in the FCOMs, things are a bit haphazard and therefore some external help is called for. Call in the Cavalry !

Cheers and fly safe.

Oriana
24th May 2011, 04:46
Thanks for that Reverse Flight.

I apologise - I could & should have advised you more politely about it.:oh:

Cheers.

EGPFlyer
24th May 2011, 07:45
Check your abnormal and emergency procedures section and also the QRH for the residual braking procedure.:ok:

ReverseFlight
24th May 2011, 12:54
No worries, Oriana.

And thanks, EGPFlyer - it didn't occur to me to look in the QRH. Of course it's there, 2.10B, for the benefit of everyone.

Cheers to all,
RF