PDA

View Full Version : Ground position - QR

Bethie
21st May 2011, 10:19
QR have offered me a position at their head office in Qatar and it's a very tempting offer. I have read some threads, mainly from flight and cabin crews, about the work environment in the company and would appreciate if anyone could say if working at their head office differs from this or if it's pretty much the same?

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wassim.bk
22nd May 2011, 01:14
Hi Bethie , i read your post about the ground position in QA, and i m afraid i cant help in technical matters , but i can surely give you a little glance about the lifestyle here in Doha Qatar. if you would like i can PM you. adios

Bethie
22nd May 2011, 10:04
Wassim, anything really would be appreciated!

jumbocpt
23rd May 2011, 01:10
I shall retire in the near future from a long career with a ME airline, due to age. With simulator and instructor pilot experience on my CV, would it be worth my efforts to apply for a simulator position with QR?
Had the opportunity to non-rev in QR Business Class last month. Very nice service from SIN-DOHA.
Believe me, I'm not begging for a job; just hate to abruptly stop, preferring to wind down at my pace.

I would appreciate any inputs you may wish to post

Wassim.bk
29th May 2011, 01:49
sorry i got busy last days so i couldnt answer you.
well i live in Doha for 14 years now , in the past 4 years Qatar had so many great changes in all fields , I m talking about the lifestyle. the only thing that still causing a big inconvenient is the weather, but only in summer ,the temperature can rise to 50 :(. if you re seeking peace of mind , security , and of course full pockets Qatar is your best option. well maybe i didn't get to much deep in details, so if you have any particular subject you want to discuss ,give me precise question and i ll do my best to answer you.. :) a bientot Bethie

jumbocpt
31st May 2011, 12:02
thank you for the reply. Much of my flying career has been in Saudi arabia. Since im facing the 'age issue'; I'm hoping to find a postiion to keep me busy perhaps in the flight operations training department with the simulator. I have experience in this area as well as being a line pilot

Wassim.bk
1st Jun 2011, 16:31
well since you worked in Saudi , I think you have a good idea about the lifestyle here in middle east , but I think you will find Qatar more exciting than Saudi .anyway wish you all the best and I m here if you need anything.