PDA

View Full Version : Life in Monarch,Air2000,Airtours ??????

Set_max_Thrust
31st Jul 2001, 00:01
I am looking at potential company change and wondering what life is really like working for these companies.
1. The number off days working to not
2. How many nights u work
3. How long to command
4. what bases are avaialable
5. Hours per year
General happiness within the company ???
Currently work on a smaller aircraft and wondering if the lifestyle change is that great ???

SFly
31st Jul 2001, 23:53
Somebody asks this question about all these airlines seperately about twice a week . . . run a search on Questions or Wannabees and you'll soon find what you're looking for.

And in future, don't say "u" instead of "you" . . . I'm developing a nervous twitch! :p

SFly

R.Don
3rd Aug 2001, 00:32
SMT......... I think U will find that U will work a lot in summer, I hope this advice will help U find the answer U are looking for.
See U M8

SFly
3rd Aug 2001, 05:56
::shudder::! :p

B clam
5th Aug 2001, 00:03
Monarch

1. Contract is for 8 days off in 28 and don't count towards the 8 if not in pairs. Typically 8-10 D/O.

2. On the 757 LGW I work about 3-4 nites per month, sometimes more sometimes less. Winter is less. Other fleets/bases maybe different.

3. At the mo ~7 years. Quite long but it is because people stay and there has been little expansion. Average over the years is about 5 years.

4. LGW/LTN (probably not 757)/MAN

5. 757 LGW - 550

The Company has an excellent reputation within the Industry. Generally, the package is good and the pension (even with recent changes) is still competetive. It isn't perfect but you will be about as secure as you could be in the airline world. Some good, professional operators to boot.