PDA

View Full Version : QR finally pay rise !

viewpoint
18th May 2011, 15:21
After long time waiting those are the numbers:

Basic= 0
Hours =0
School fee allowance=0
Housing allowance=0
Proft share=0
Leave encashment=0

After a profitable year announce on news of 250+ millon $ and buying 33% of Cargolux , stimate another 153+ millon $, this is what we deserve.

In other hand :
Inflation = 26% per year
School rise fee 10% per year

And Management keap cheating everybody with promises , shame on you for this dirty job!
We are making less than a low cost carrier , so let keap them making more ad more money from our hard work .:ok:

And welcome new joiners , don't believe on people without self respect.

auh_to_auh
18th May 2011, 16:03
Viewpoint
Lets hope new joiners looking at QR and EY now see the truth and head down the road to EK if they are so keen on the middle east, at least they give a bonus (12 weeks) and a payrise ( 8% and I believe approx 6-8 months back they got another 6% payrise) not sure on the last.

Anyone joining QR and EY under the current management don't say you were never warned.

AUH

auh_to_auh
18th May 2011, 16:31
thanks for info

viewpoint
18th May 2011, 17:13
Very sad , more than 210 views and only 3 replys, seems that pilots in Qr are very happy with their salarys and conditions.

auh_to_auh : seems we are little out of the loop or we work for different company.:ugh:

THR MCT
18th May 2011, 18:01
BB
Same old play the so called the "carrot and the stick":}
I will believe our beloved OOps managment :mad: when I see the MONEY in the Bank.

Fly high and fast

viewpoint
18th May 2011, 19:21
Sorry Beyblade but you the wrong one:

I hear that FLT OPS:mad: MNG, were afraid to open their mouth, after the announcement of no pay rise, no profit share, nothing until IPO launch, may be in 2012 or 2013, and also I hear that actually the B777 TRES are fighting to move to B787, typical QR pilot attitude.:ok:

JCUERVO
18th May 2011, 19:44
Just to add my own little piece of camel dung to the fire...Latest Email from our cost cutting management regarding how we are now REQUIRED BY THE COMPANY to have multiple exit visas for their convenience to use E-Gates but the "Burden" of payment is still ours...

Nice to pay the company money to make their own lives easier...Total Sh*t

indianace
18th May 2011, 20:48
dont want to be a spoil sport but what i have heard from some of fellow country man is that pay rise is coming next month backdated from april 2011...3% increment per year of service,housing maintain,education increased to 80k....but this was till 15 guys resigned last week from 320...(65 guys + 15 = 80 guys in 5 months )
now the pay rise is gone for nego again for the betterment and would surely be more than the 3 % per year...lets give another month as traditionally..any pay rise in qr has only came on jun/july....backdated always of course.......my best judgement would be its goin to be good..now before anyone bashes..its only my opinion...i am giving till end jun...otherwise many other 320 jobs around..guess what china is offering almost usd 15000 rite now....indigo usd 10000 even srilanka almost usd 10000...looks like good year for 320/330 pilots..

fractional
18th May 2011, 21:39
Despite all EK is today versus the past, EK! EK! EK!

viewpoint
18th May 2011, 21:41
Indianace:

Sorry but 3% It's what we currently have, did your "friends"told you about the profit share, leave encashment?. Try againg.
You are not spoiling anything , you are free to believe what you want, and YES also low cost carriers are paying more than QR.

a345xxx
18th May 2011, 23:11
I have to say when it involves QR and pay rise I am a sceptic...... I am sorry guys I don't think it's going to get better anytime in the near to medium term.

Fart Master
19th May 2011, 05:36
Jeez, and I thought that EK management were a bunch of (naughty word deleted! For what it's worth you guys have our sympathies. When will these people ever get it:mad:

Blacksteel7
19th May 2011, 06:28
MULTIPLE EXIT PERMITS
In reference to mandatory multiple exit permits, the attached form is required to be filled out and submitted to your respective Fleet Coordinators, for obtaining the same. Those already in possession of a multiple exit permit are requested to ensure that the same is valid before going on leave. Pilots are requested to allow at least 3 days processing time, after which the collection and payment for the multiple exit permit can be done at Villa Number 21 behind QR Tower by staff.

Kindly note that the cost for multiple exit permit is to be borne by staff as per Management directive. This process will continue until otherwise notified.

500 Riyal :mad:

loc22550
19th May 2011, 06:33
Com'on ladies/gents don't complain..:
We already have in Q.R (the best airline in qatar!), a generous Bonus every year :E rewarding crew for their hard work.., a lovley pension plan is waiting for us the day we retire from Q.R :E, a impressive 3% annual increase on the basic only and for the first five years of seniority only in your respective grade! :E A lovely work environment....
No ladies/gents do you really think we still need an increase of top of all those benefits we already receive from QR.!!??:E

Blacksteel;
I may be wrong but i think you have to pay as well...To CANCEL your multy- exit permit once you resign!!
Wondering in how many places in the world you have to pay to be able to exit the country!??:ugh:

indianace
19th May 2011, 07:03
spamcandriver..you are absolutely right..been hearing this since 2 yrs ago but 2 yrs ago the world had surplus pilots with many closedown but today different story altogether..open any recruitment agency and at least 20 jobs avail...320/330/340/777..( fleet qr has and everyone else wants this rated pilots)..2 yrs ago many application to qr but now hardly any thats worth it..only low time pilots application they are receiving...( this is from recruitment dept itself).
viewpoint...about bonus..well its entirely up to the company..the company is not obligated to render us any but any given its a goodwill..ofcourse i need the money but its not contractual...just for hope..2009/2010 qr made 205 mil profit and we got 1 week..2010/2011 qr made 250 mil profit..so my personal opinion we can expect more than 1 week..maybe 2-3 weeks...its nothing compared to ek...but free money..why not..as for leave encashment..if u have excess backlog more than 21 days..u can encash the excess only but your chief pilot/fleet manager must give the approval...write in to them and see what happens..otherwise write to cpf..or evpo....
loc22550...dont start bashing...qr is still growing..many new orders and many new planes flying this way..recruitment knows that all this need to be manned and current market is not supporting them in terms of manpower..something would be done soon...even ek is short..dec ek would start soon if they cant find enough fo's...ek's recruitment next week is at europe..milan,rome etc....as for ey..many resignation as well..many goin to air asia..even their 340 captains are leaving for air asia x..although the salary is smaller...
looks like the good time for pilots worldwide has just started and it will only get better ( if there is no war,volcanic or disease anywhere)...
happy flying fellow pilots in qr and hope for the best as hope is only we have....

Blacksteel7
19th May 2011, 12:28
How To Ask For A Pay Rise
newday knows the best way:
"There is no secret. I have a few friends(Captains) A320 and they are intelligent enough to understand the way QA operate. Late evening/early morning departures/arrival -everybody knows why.
They understand they will not stay forever on A320 due to huge numbers of 777,350 on order. They do not plan to leave!
Pilots who can not cope with that kind of schedule leave. And so what?
Somebody who has energy and positive thinking, willing to work hard and patience, will join. Good for QA! I only want to encourage this kind of pilots to come, they will be happy.

PS. As long as schedule is legal according CAA, I do not see reason for complain. I know some airlines use pilots much more and some operates contrary to CAA duty time regulations!"

Newday. Your problem is lack of intelligence :}

viewpoint
19th May 2011, 16:44
Blacksteel7:

You can't go and pay your mortgage or your son's school fees with your A330 or B 777 type?, Here all the pilot have the same salary despite the fleet they are.
Your A320 friends have been waiting 4+ year for a flet tranfer since we don't have senority.( DEC B777, and A330).

There is not NEWDAY on this post, and lack on intelligence , you must be kidding, from what planet are you coming ? jajaja.

PS. As long as schedule is legal according CAA

Who monitor who?, we all now , don't be silly.:=

tcas II
19th May 2011, 18:15
For those 320 or 330 wiating to transfer to 777, you can forget this year, there will be only 3 coming this year and all the slots are for new joiner.
This is how QR treat seniority.
Seniority in QR = Shxt:ugh:

loc22550
20th May 2011, 05:10
What about transfer from A-320 to A-330...?:uhoh:
-As far as i known Today, upgrades from right to left on 330 are still going on!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:
-S/O are still put on A-330!!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

indianace
20th May 2011, 17:47
for info only:

LOW COST air asia,malaysia a320 job capt salary: basic rm13000,per hour rm195,per sector rm100..tax only on basic ..take home after tax rm30000-34000
(usd 10000-11500)--cost of living half of doha---RECRUITING(type rating provided)

LOW COST tiger airways,singapore a320 job capt salary total sgd203,500 for 950 hours per year..about sgd17000 p/month..take home after tax about 14500.( usd 12000)--cost of living same like doha---RECRUITING(need to pay for type rating if not rated)

CARGO singapore airline cargo,singapore 747c capt job,basic sgd10,000,per hour sgd55,housing sgd3900,education sgd2000(for 2 kids),contact 3yrs,total for 60hrs--sgd19200--after tax about sgd15000-sgd17000.(usd12000-14000)--cost of living same like doha--RECRUITING
(type rating provided)

this info is from a friend for info only.thanks.

atuk
21st May 2011, 02:09
On top of those take home figures, these 3 airlines (airasia,tiger & singcargo) also hav mandatory provident fund..thats 25% monthly saving from the basic salary/flt allowance where you'll contribute 10% and company 15% :ok:

zerozerouan
21st May 2011, 03:00
On top of those take home figures, these 3 airlines (airasia,tiger & singcargo) also hav mandatory provident fund..thats 25% monthly saving from the basic salary/flt allowance where you'll contribute 10% and company 15% I would not be too sure about the above details on retirement funds while being on a ''temporary contract''!

Brian Cohen
21st May 2011, 05:57
NEW POLICY

Dress Code:
1) You are advised to come to work dressed according to your salary.

2) If we see you wearing Prada shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we will
assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a raise.

3) If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so
that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise.

4) If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and therefore
you do not need a raise.

Sick Days:
We will no longer accept a doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you
are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.

atuk
21st May 2011, 06:00
In both Malaysia and Singapore, as long as you are being employed in private sector including alrlines you will have provident fund. Its a law and it is mandatory. :)

Jimbo124
21st May 2011, 09:14
I assume that 's tongue in cheek, or do you now believe we are genuinely getting a raise?

Blacksteel7
21st May 2011, 09:42
"Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)" pg 133
The statement there belongs to Newday. :ok:

devilavocado
21st May 2011, 10:42
BS,
You smoke shisha to much with your boyfriends, anyway, give us some break:}

Blacksteel7
21st May 2011, 11:48
I used to smoke shisha with your mother. I missed her :mad:

buns
21st May 2011, 15:54
We are NOT getting a payrise this year. If we were it would have come allready!!!:yuk:

tcas II
21st May 2011, 18:43
Dear Fubaliera
Why people want to have sex in the aircraft's toilet? It stincks and lack of space, I would prefered to have it in Crew bunk.
Next time if you are on my flight, I will let you use crew bunk and I will give you the code to access to the bunk.:cool:

dnomyer
21st May 2011, 19:01
i just got into QR , and i will begin line training in july. to work for a 5 star airline with the sallary they offers is not good at all. in my homecountry norway, working for a lowcost carrier is much better, they earn around 17000 dollars a month, and still china offers better sallary.

The QR system needs a revolution to make the pilots happy. QR is like a kindergarden, u learn there, and once u have the knowledge u go to others! , but still qr is good airline but the country sucks bigtime.

loc22550
22nd May 2011, 03:34
TcasII..Fubaliera mentioned the Bathroom(Ek A-380 do have)..not the toilet!
At least its a little bit more Stylish..:ooh:

Damn now people (Dnomyer) start complaining even they haven't started their training yet...thinks are not moving in the right direction here...

1cap
22nd May 2011, 12:47
loc,

I don't want to pick on anyone but I wouldn't pay too much attention to what dnomyer says. He seems to have a lot of "opinions". Including this from another thread:

fakers :)
did fake some hours, offcourse 80 percent of the students does it, if we sit backseat on a flight, offcourse we log it! if u believe in youreself, and if u think youre a good pilot few hours doesent matter. i was teaching for a while myself, and i saw students who faked many and many. and now they are on b777 or other airplanes, but the time has come that the organisations need to do something. specially to Indians , they are the biggest threat! its ok to fake small amount, but to pay for the ratings without any experience is dangerous.

so...ummm....yeah. Draw your own conclusions on that one.

dnomyer
22nd May 2011, 16:59
i have many opinions, if u have something against it write a message to me. atleast im happy with my carreer so far. and ask someone who didnt write atleast 10 hours extra in their logbooks during their 2 year studies. and im new at this forum so i like to write what i think. im 21 years old, i passed QR interview, and not many does.

dnomyer
22nd May 2011, 17:05
i have alot of information about QR so far, the sallary they offers is really not good. so u guys just try to get into Qatar aswell, and u will get more and more information on mail from them. working as a second officer with 3000 dollars a month. and no pension plans, and for me who is norwegian its not easy aswell. i need to pay 36% percent taxes to my government. 3000x0.36=not much left :/

access
22nd May 2011, 17:22
Why would you pay taxes in Norway, since you are working and living abroad? It doesn't make sense!

dnomyer
22nd May 2011, 20:39
since i have no pension plans in QR, and for me paying taxex to norway will provide me with free lifeinsurance , free travel insurance, insurance from my mac to my shoe incase it will get stolen. and each summer from june , i will get 10% of it back in vacation money. and if i get injured in my work or other stuff, they will pay me the average sallary i will have in QR until i get job again. and because of our high taxes in norway i got my jaa conversion for free, aswell as the mcc.

SHIFTY
22nd May 2011, 21:14
dnomyer,

You appear to admit corrupting your log book and almost condone it as an acceptable part of your '2 year studies' , whatever that means.

Just ONE false entry into your logbook corrupts the integrity of the remainder of your flying career.

Surely I am not the only one left who logs purely what I fly? At least I know that every hour I have flown military/civilian is correct.

Shame on you my friend, I will certainly be keeping an eye out for cocksure young Norwegians over the next few months!!

Shifty

dnomyer
22nd May 2011, 21:22
oh, its a big deal. i had 991 hours, and i made it 1000, on flights i were backseat i logged it as flying hour, and under faa regulations u can log those hours.. and shame on u, i didnt do it in jaa country. i had 14 hours of flying in oslo once i passed my cpl/me. i dont care either, i got my job quickly and didnt stress about it like others do. and soon i will be on a330 so im proud of myself, and please try to find a captain or fo today who didnt fake any hours, i can promise u that u need to look for a long time. or maybe im just stupid who admits everything and dont look back. :) but one thing is sure, once i begin to fly jet i wont do anything illegal.

sure be carefull about the norwegians, they will probably land a job more quickly than others. and we dont have any degrees before we start the pilot study, and its normal to see a 21 year norwegian flying a jet all over europe and many in Qatar aswell.

SHIFTY
22nd May 2011, 21:44
Dnomyer,

Why don't you just log all your hours as passenger aswell? Did you claim your hours as a pax when you came over for the interview?

I have absolutely no issues with you landing a job with QR, or being 21, or in fact for hailing from Norway- I DO have issues with anyone falsely claiming hours, it shows a lack of honesty and integrity. You cannot change what you have done so don't try and label your fellow pilots as having done the same.

ps: I also left school with no quals and was flying at a similar age to you-you are nothing special and neither am I, but at least I am honest despite what my 'nickname' may suggest.

dnomyer
22nd May 2011, 21:56
i brought my logbook and all the papers i had, they looked on my papers for 5minutes and after that it was talking about lovelife, family, about myself , but i think the interesting part for them was talking instead of looking in my papers. we had a great conversation after my aptitude tests. and i was reading before that we need to wait up to 2-3 weeks before we get an answer, but the chief pilot and one qatari guy asked me directly if i was interested of working for them. it took me 3 hours that day to get that question. offcourse i cant change what i have done, but the thing is i wont do it again, and miss of honesty, youre right.

scorpio
23rd May 2011, 11:45
Dnomyer

first i would like to say ur an idiot ,u got a job and u have not started ur training yet and u are telling every one that u faked ur hours lets see a Norwegian 21 yrs old second officer joined qr recently and about to start his line training in july i think u deserve to be reported to the company and when u get fired u can go back to ur country and earn more money how about that good deal for u right .and as second officer in qr they dont care how many hours u got they care about the license and please keep ur opinions to ur self for someone who doesnt have experience in life or as pilot u should should be learning not preaching :ugh::=

tcas II
23rd May 2011, 14:00
To Dnomyer
Do you have any idea that a degree for? A college degree is to see that are you capable to learn or not, and not just a piece of paper to show that you have a degree. I assume that you might not even have a degree!! So how did you so sure that you can finish A330 type rating training? since you are lack of honesty and integrity, I am not sure you are able to complete the training.
PS : look forward to see you in training, you are going to have a good time, he he he!

kuchemann carrots
23rd May 2011, 17:49
A recent update on PPJN shows a SFO pay scale. What does one have to do to receive this SFO pay?

wannabejetpilot
23rd May 2011, 17:55
And what is brilliant is that this guys is 21 years old, lands a good job on a jet with a good company (at least I consider it to be one) and he's complaining about his salary already!! I assume he's gonna be another one of those moaners and groaners we have here :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

oriolsanmiguel
24th May 2011, 14:50
Hi!

Do you think that appart from the money we can discuss to get a better overall package? Let's say, for example, a better staff travel with more entitlements available for the family and a pension; may be not now or in the close future, but why not in the mid-term? I love my job and QR is a great opportunity for me and I'm happy to be here...flying well maintained aircraft which are new it isn't something that you can do and talk about in other parts of the worlds. I used to fly 20 years old B737 before coming here.

Patience is a virtude and just need to have it :)

flyforfood1
24th May 2011, 17:14
Staff travel? Its one of the better things here.

buns
24th May 2011, 22:15
It´s the ONLY good thing here. Just a shame you cant use it very often...

zerozerouan
24th May 2011, 22:29
do you have a pickup service in QR like EK has?

precisionapr
24th May 2011, 23:15
dnomyer,

silly boy, you have just got a job flying an aircraft that some senior pilots on the 320 would love to get on, and what do you do.
own up that you faked your log book.
well you couldn't have identified yourself more easily if you tried could you.
1) A330
2) Norwegian
3) aged 21
4) second officer
5) 1000 hrs
6) starting in july
is it a 1000 hrs as i quote a post by you from another thread.

i just got a job in Qatar Airways on a330-300. i did my training in america and my jaa conversion in Oslo Norway. i have around 1200 hours, 500 multi engine.
i worked as instructor after my cpl, and got alot of experience compare to new cpl students who get put in the right seat right after their training.
but it all depends on the school and wich instructors u have, some cpl students can fly better than other instructors who have around 3000 hours.
im 21 years old and flying a big jet in a couple of months!!

so how many hrs did you fiddle?

i would keep a very low profile, as you have put yourself way above the trees, you have also been quite abusive regarding your new employer, and you haven't started yet.

haven't you read or heard about what is going on in india, re pilots fiddling.
i would think if your caught you could be done for fraud, and i wouldn't like to be caught out in this part of the world, and then there is the QCAA, hum how do think they are gonna feel, the least you can expect is a report to your home CAA, and then maybe loss of licence.

all i can say is good luck, you will need it.

tuan74
24th May 2011, 23:42
Stupid... yet arrogant. These are the type of people they brought in here. Nice....:D:D:D:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Aymane
25th May 2011, 01:26
Ladies and Gentlemen this guy here is literally not a qatar airways pilot lol.....because my friend is the head recruitment over there....and let me just ask about this current situation.....that all i have to say for someone to comeo n here and literally just fess up to sharpening his logbook lol he is literally an idiot lol.......if you had gotten the job shut your mouth and start a fresh log book with your airline....dont be coming on here and laughing at people because they dont have a job yet....any body can do what you did...they can easily get 1000 hours in a matter of 3 hours just sitting in the living room of there home.....

so please do all of us a favor and stop being so stupid and grow a pair and stop talking nonsence on here..... :D :D :D :D :oh:

babyjet787
25th May 2011, 04:10
Middle East Careers: Al Baker's gameplan (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/04/27/355965/middle-east-careers-al-bakers-gameplan.html)
The "esteemed " leaders of QR sat with Flight International to talk about careers in QR. Above is the link. It makes pathetic reading. I have produced the text below.

It may not have the glitzy grandeur of Dubai, but selling Doha to overseas job-hunters is easier than it was. Although Qatar Airways (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/qatar%20airways.html) has been a blue-chip global airline brand for some years, able to attract recruits from around the world, its home town has been seen as something of a dusty outpost.
The World Cup has changed all that. Last year's decision to award football's four-yearly international tournament to Qatar in 2022 has put the Gulf city on the international map. A huge spending programme on stadiums and other infrastructure has already kicked off, but the month-long competition is not the only impetus for Doha's dramatic development.
Like Dubai and Abu Dhabi, Qatar sees high-end destination tourism and convention business as a vital part of diversifying an economy reliant on the export of natural gas and which is expected to grow by one-fifth this year. While Doha has become a major hub for long-haul travellers on Qatar Airways (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/qatar%20airways.html), the government wants more of them to stay longer in the country. In recent years, Doha's city centre skyline has been filling with striking new office blocks, shopping malls, cultural centres, hotels and apartment complexes as the city transforms itself into a regional business and leisure hub.

Next year, a new airport will open on 2,200Ha of mostly reclaimed land next to the current airport, capable of handling, initially, 24 million passengers, rising to 50 million by 2015. It will give Qatar Airways - which has been outgrowing its rather cramped current home - a base to rival Emirates' Dubai International hub.
Since launching in 1997 under the leadership of chief executive Akbar Al Baker, Qatar Airways has firmly positioned itself at the premium end of the airline spectrum. A decade younger than Emirates and six years older than the third leading Gulf carrier, Etihad of Abu Dhabi, the airline has been able to carve out a distinct brand position with a service-oriented passenger experience (in 2006 it opened the industry's only dedicated premium terminal at Doha) and a fleet based around smaller aircraft than those of Emirates.
Its 95 airliners include 29 Airbus (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/airbus.html) A330-300s (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/airbus%20a330.html)and -200s, 32 A320 (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/airbus%20a320.html) family aircraft and 21 Boeing 777-300ERs (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/boeing%20777.html) and -200LRs. Although it has five A380s (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/airbus%20a380.html) on order, the superjumbo will fill only a niche role in its future fleet and most of its 170 commitments are for A350s (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/airbus%20a350.html) and 787 (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/boeing%20787.html)s. The airline has just added its 100th destination - Aleppo in Syria - and six more will follow this year, including Kolkata, Montreal and Oslo.
Qatar Airways' fleet expansion means it needs to recruit 30 pilots and 400 employees across the group each month, including engineers, cabin crew and backroom staff (current workforce is 13,000, with a further 6,000 in associated businesses). Al Baker says it is "very difficult to get the pilots we need", admitting: "We are very focused on quality, so we are very selective. We get large numbers applying, but when we put them through their paces, a lot of them are shed because of our high standards."
Consistency in the customer product is vital for Qatar Airways and its employees are key to delivering this, he says. "For an airline that is less than 15 years old to be one of the top five-star rated airlines in the world is proof that the kind of people we recruit are the right kind of people." Although "not everyone is happy with the strict discipline", the rewards of working for Qatar Airways are many, he says. "We offer a tax-free salary and other benefits, a very safe environment for themselves and their family, and the opportunity to fly a very modern fleet. There is also the fact that you can be part of a very aggressive growth story."
That growth includes several 787 (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/boeing%20787.html)s due next year, with the carrier's first A350 (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/airbus%20a350.html) earmarked for end of 2013 delivery, subject to Airbus's wavering certification schedule. The delays in both types have been frustrating for Al Baker, who is determined to keep average fleet age below five years.
The new airport - which Al Baker admits is "desperately needed" - is also key to Qatar's expansion strategy. Although the current Doha International continues to be developed, its small footprint means aircraft have to be parked remotely. "The airport is the backbone of the airline," he says. "Passengers need a seamless travel experience or they avoid travelling with us."
Al Baker claims to be relatively unfazed by the rapid growth of Etihad and Emirates and sees the bigger opportunity in snatching market share from legacy airlines struggling to deliver a first-rate passenger experience because of ageing fleets, lack of finance, congested hubs and fragile labour relations.
"We do not follow what our [Gulf] competitors are doing," he says. "We have our own plans to make Doha a very successful Middle East hub. Our destinations are different from our neighbours' and we are going into routes that our competitors are not thinking about. There are still a lot of markets that are not served or under-served and we are looking at these opportunities."

Now a little analysis. QR pays less than any of the other Gulf carriers.

No Provident fund , but three weeks salary for each year served.
Schooling allowance inadequate to meet the needs of more than one child
Arbitrary dismissals, no proper grievance procedure (what is written in their books is a waste of ink because they dont follow it)
Highest turnover of staff , leading to poor service culture. Please fly EK, SQ, LH or CX.
If QR is so sure it can attract such high caliber staff and RETAIN them, why do they have a "NO-POACHING" agreement with EK? If they want to test the waters, they should tear up that agreement and let there be free movement and AAB will have a shock of his life.
Instead of head hunting the "best and brightest" to run their airline, which they can afford like EK does, they pick "YES -MEN" who either have no scruples, or are too incompetent to do anything.
Maybe, unlike EK , the "curse " of oil is too deeply ingrained into their psyche. Their airline is to project this small "dusty outpost" and not to make money like EK and the likes. Or do they actually turn a profit? Who knows? Deep dark secrets...

Anyone who has the letter the Chairman of EK wrote to his staff announcing their profit share bonus should please post it. It makes interesting reading. The staff of EK should be proud they work for him. All companies who are successful have a "people first" approach. Your first customer is your staff. They are HAPPY, they will make your external customers HAPPY. They will be a workforce who will contribute and grow your company. eg SOUTHWEST, etc.
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys! And that has been the classic case in QR! I have little regard for the middle management personnel who are not selected on merit, but on how far up their noses can go. Some who are supposed to have worked for big legacy carriers in western industrialised civilised countries and come here and have no COHONAS/BALLS to stand up and say politely, Sir I think you are wrong and if you did it this way it would be better. But they sit and perpetuate the nonesense the staff are dealt out for the sake of petty selfish self preservation.
It is indeed a sad case.. I could go on and on, but God forbid, this airline is "a whisker away from a disaster". Doha is not an easy place to stay, nothing of substance exists for proper normal everyday social life. And the staff need to be amply rewarded to stay here. It will not change though, unfortunately, they continue to be myopic, small minded, and petty. And that is seen clearly in the way the airline is run. They say if it is too hot in the kitchen get out, and that is exactly what is happening in QR, people continue to stream in and out in their numbers. yes they will always get people to come, but that is not the litmus test. RETAINING them is!! after all the expense to train them! Gentlemen of the jury I rest my case. Just had to Get it off my chest like the American "Brothers" would say!

loc22550
25th May 2011, 06:24
"The rewards of working for Qatar airways are many...!":eek:
bla bla bla...

Well,if it was REALLY the case, there would be absolutely no need for AAB to write such an artcile and to make so much noise about it!:bored:

viewpoint
25th May 2011, 11:17
Thanks a lot to babyjet787, flapsfullretard, loc22550, for bringing back this post to the original issue, I start to feel like the people don't really care about our actual situation.
Looks like we have some Professionals Pilots dedicated to divert the attention of the readears to silly issues like S/O with fake hours logged, who care about this ?, only S... people who like to dig in others like to run and report , they are lickers of the lickers!!!!.
I hope one day we can stand together and demand some respect like Emitates do, ahhhhhh Emirates big word for QR, can't be compared with us .....we to far to be even the shadow of Emirates.

zerozerouan
27th May 2011, 03:52
well, viewpoint, but why is EK not really able to attract so many pilots then,and why there are still quite many of their pilots complaining so much? i am trying to understand, as I am looking for a DEC in the Gulf and trying to compare......cheerio!

loc22550
27th May 2011, 04:36
Maybe but Did EK loose almost 70 pilots only for the first 4 months of this year like Q.R...?Not sure...:cool:
Even if they do, taking into consideration the fleet size of EK and pilots number,it would still be a smaller ratio compared to Q.R...

Wango Z Tango
28th May 2011, 16:41
NYC Pilot

didn't you post this back in 2007 ..
I think Qatar WILL be an excellent choice. They are growing tremendously and extremely stable financially. I will be joining soon

sorry you didn't get past the screening mate, but dont take your frustrations out on us. although It is quite entertaining, you should not have landing drinks before surfing Pprune :}

easy big fella :rolleyes:

wZt

Blacksteel7
28th May 2011, 17:50
I think this post is yours? Isn't it? :E
"Qatar340, This was very helpful. Thank you, its greatly appreciated. I hear so many people complaining about Qatar in the past forums that one loses sense of what is accurate and is total Bull sh!t. I know every airline in the world has issues to improve and resolve, thats part of our industry, I was getting worried because most people had negative comments about Qatar and Qatar Airways, so I wasnt sure if it was the right decision tojoin or not. I really think that the U.S. airline industry is in turmoil. Over the past few years our wages and pensions were greatly diminished. I think that Qatar Airways offers a very good compensation package, inshallah it is the right move. Once again, Thanks for a sincere response.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif"
What happened?
Did you change your mind? :}

Alcatraz69
28th May 2011, 18:19
Good One !!

indianace
30th May 2011, 05:42
well like i said earlier if anything on rise it will be jun/july..so guys hld ur horses...just wait till end jun and if nothing happens then many many more avail jobs outside.the whole region is very very short with many resignations and not qualified fresh applications...
as for nyc pilot...i believe u should not post any more as u have discredit urself,it shows how little u respect fellow pilots and this proffession..
the rest..happy flying gentlements.

ramiyns
30th May 2011, 08:45
Pay rise.
Well, June July are not far away only a month or so.
Keep you fingers crossed,I know it will happen Just hang on in there.
I know the basic salary will increase by 20%.
Don't know about the rest.

Enjoy thinking about it,So the month or so will pass by quickly.

Until then fly safe.

Kafkatar
30th May 2011, 15:10
A payrise certainly would be nice, but it will not be able to stop the bleeding. The pilots package is structurally flaud, so it needs a big fix.

Providend fund
Incentive to prevent attrition
shooling
optional comuting contracts
proper career planning options
proper ERP
A real LOL sheme, not a hidded and lousy life insurance

When these items are not being adressed shortly, the Goat will be grounding airplanes for sure. (80+ resignations/jumps so far this year,and counting)
Funny thing is that all these have been promised to the pilot comunity years ago, by the Chief himself, and yet nothing has happened since.:mad:

a345xxx
31st May 2011, 08:04
Hey NYC...whats eating you? Take a chill pill........

na-at6g
31st May 2011, 09:48
Though not a big fan of Qatar Airways I must say you post make me feel ashamed of being from Chicago or from the US for that matter. To insult a group of people you do not know or have worked with shows your true colors.
Want to talk about filth and smell look around your beloved NYC or Chicago. Want to talk about professional appearance, look at the pilots walking around ORD and JFK, beer guts hanging out so far I am astonished they can fit in the cockpit.
This could go on but that would just bring us down to your level, just hope I never have you on the flight deck of a flight I have to be on out of your beloved ORD.

loc22550
31st May 2011, 12:16
thought this thread was about QR pay rise...?:ooh:

na-at6g
31st May 2011, 13:22
Your right, time to get back on track just could not let the NYC pass by, sorry to all others.
No raise yet:sad:

indianace
31st May 2011, 14:39
nyc...well spelling mistakes do happen but to bash like u did just shows..well i rest my case..full agree with na-at6g....
pay rise in qr......strongest rumour still going stronger..just have to wait till june passes....
just rumour..no bashing please..20% on basic with 3% every year of service...announcement by mid month backdated till 1st april....
if it comes really good as qr would be the highest in the region..if it doesnt what can we do..stay on or find better jobs elsewhere...its really up to ONE MAN ONLY...
safe flight everyone....

nyc pilot
31st May 2011, 14:59
na-at6g...I was a QR pilot for quite some time buddy so I know what im talking about...:O

nyc pilot
31st May 2011, 20:05
Please enlighten me. Let me know who I am and why I left?? :{

I'll also give you a big hint...If I ever come back to QR my friend...Trust me...I will be your next boss and I wont be the type of boss that AAB will remove after a few years-I will be there for good as in forever..Now you should really know who I am if you claim you know who I am....:cool:

Like I said indirectly, appreciate your jobs and be thankful you have that because quite honestly you dont deserve a penny more.

Widebody300ER your a TOOl-the type I mentioned earlier. I would love for you to come see me here in NYC, Chicago or LA so we can have a man to man conversation. You need a taste of the HOOD to show you how good you have it..Now, everyone should know who I am since there was only ONE of me there...:ooh:

a345xxx
1st Jun 2011, 02:09
Hopefully the pay rise is as rumored! It will be good for the pilot community in the region and elsewhere.

a345xxx
1st Jun 2011, 06:17
I heard it was sheep!!! :)

TROPICAL-DEPRESSION
1st Jun 2011, 07:51
Like spamcandriver said:
Have heard people say this ever few months for the last 2 years :ugh:

Actually it's been longer, just want to mension that last year rumors said that 45 pilots were leaving, actually only 15-20, but still. Then same week came the rumor about a payraise, and it was confirmed later, after only half left and the rest where tricked into staying, that the great AJ at the time started the rumor about a raise.

Is this time any different, aren't they just tricking us into thinking that now something will happen, so some will stay and wait til june/july to find out that nothing will change?

How many times haven't we heard that we've seen the letter approved and then cancelled in the last minutte?

I beleive these are all tricks in making others beleive a lie. Use your judgement.

Also just wanted to add that any time the rumor about a raise starts in QR, it's always for a raise in april. Why will it come in June/July? Well let's say people wait til August to leave, this means that during the 2 busiest months of the year, where all the flights are fullybooked, the airline didn't lose pilots as fast, AKA no aircraft on ground and no cancelled flights. Still more people are leaving than they are actually comming, some someday it will happen.

Question is, when will the aircraft stay on ground due to lack of crew???

EGGW
1st Jun 2011, 12:50
NYC pilots left this discussion

Carry on

scorpio
1st Jun 2011, 16:17
Thanks moderator:d

babyjet787
7th Jun 2011, 09:54
Following him, Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker said the arguments against Gulf carriers made little sense in an "age of globalisation and free trade". Low labour costs advantages are a misnomer, he added, pointing out that Qatar's pilots
were earning as much, if not more, than their European or US counterparts.
"We are an efficient airline, run in a proper way with high utilisation,"

Totally delusional, megalomaniac, ...guess it is only pilots who comprise the workforce of his airline! Best paid..efficient..You guys in Qatar do have a SERIOUS problem with comments like this! And kiss that "pay rise" and better conditions of service, GOOD BYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE...!!

Mow
13th Jun 2011, 04:50
Don't believe it, until you cash it out :=

loc22550
13th Jun 2011, 06:31
Indeed Beyblade, heard the same..i say i HEARD...
Lets wait till we SEE it!!if we ever see it.

"Pilots earning as much if not more than their European Counterparts.."!!
Taking EVERYTHING into consideration...Pension..:NO WAY!
I invite Mister AAB to check pilots conditions(again the entire package:not only the monthly salary..!!) in any major European flag Carrier: B.A, A.F, L.H..( i guess Q.R. is a major flag Carrier isn it..!??)

jamieboy
13th Jun 2011, 08:23
What % is the possible payrise?

acgenerator2
13th Jun 2011, 09:15
PAY RISE IS HERE

Check your company e-mail for details.

BDD
13th Jun 2011, 11:30
17 % plus the 3 % increment goes up to 10 years instead of 5 years.
School allowance up from 50,000 to 70,000 for 2 kids. 105,000 for three kids or more.

Thanks Chief:ok:

TwoTone-7
13th Jun 2011, 11:44
Basic salary up by 17%? Increase in flight hours pay as well?

School allowance sounds a winner. :E

BDD
13th Jun 2011, 11:51
Hi Two Tone

Where did you see the part about flight pay increase?

wannabejetpilot
13th Jun 2011, 11:53
Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know, pension schemes or retirement policies generally is a benefit provided by the government or employer after some sort of deduction occurs from your salary every month. Usually in the form of tax or a provident/trust fund. Since non of these happen in QR, I don't think we have the right to demand a pension plan. What we do require is a salary increase to attract pilots over our regional competitors. After checking my e-mail, I would say that a 20% increase is pretty darn good. :ok: Probably makes us the highest pay masters between us, EY and EK.

shamonwillye
13th Jun 2011, 12:06
Wannabejet,

Heard a rumor today that QR approved a 20% pay increase across the board... what do you make of that?

Cheers,

wannabejetpilot
13th Jun 2011, 12:33
Not too sure what the other departments got, but for the pilots it's been around a 20% increase in basic salary and up to a 110% increase in school allowance. I think it's a pretty good deal. And the increase and gratuity does not apply to anyone who have already submitted their resignation. A bit of a slap in the face! :E

Regards,

wjp

indianace
13th Jun 2011, 14:06
thank you MR.CEO...this adjustment puts QR highest in the region..yahoo.i am really happy...fellow pilots its time to put this rumours away and time to enjoy the drink....
thanks again MR. ALBAKER.....

Bike
13th Jun 2011, 15:35
Does all this apply to new joiners as well (i.e will it be reflected on the new contracts) or it is in the form of a payrise for existing employees having completed x amount of time in QR?

In any case, enjoy them the best you can guys :ok:

beezjet
13th Jun 2011, 16:44
It says that effective 1 June 2011 to appear in July pay roll...
So...another month to go...?:confused:

@Bike
Usually it goes for everybody, don't worry ;)

Bike
13th Jun 2011, 17:37
Well, I guess we have to see if the Benefits section of the QR careers webpage is changed accordingly :hmm:

atuk
13th Jun 2011, 21:37
Congrats guys....:ok::ok: definitely better than a pathetic 2%:ugh:

Random75
14th Jun 2011, 02:05
Funny how the usual suspects on this forum who are so quick to jump on the negatives, have stayed quiet regarding the positive news we have had from the company about the new renumeration package....Thank you and it is greatly appreciated!

LittleFokker
14th Jun 2011, 03:50
Can somebody tell us how much is the new basic and flight duty pay?

TIA

pkmuch
14th Jun 2011, 05:28
Negative people are you there?[B]We told you! "Good things are worth waiting for!" Thanks Chief! My Kids can now go to school while I concentrate on my work:ok:/B]

qatari001
14th Jun 2011, 07:11
Thats a very good news indeed! its highly appreciated!

Basicly the more senior you are the more you benefit from this package with the 10level pay steps (10 years being the top scale)!

Captains Entry level basic pay QAR 31 000 Top of scale QAR 40 460
Senior FOs (5levels) QAR 24 200 top being QAR 27 240
FOs (5levels) QAR 21 500 and top QAR 24 190
(Becoming A senior FO takes 3 years after final release)
Flight pay and other benefits remain unchanged QAR 120 for Captains and QAR 90 for FOs. Housing QAR 12 000 for capt 10 000 for FOs.
QAR 1500 Transport.
Trainers are getting a better package.
Schools fees going up as mentioned above.
Furniture allowance is withdrawn, it used to be 900 for Captains and 700 for FOs.
and finally a better process for annual leave tickets issuance.

Enjoy guys,

Black Pudding
14th Jun 2011, 08:01
Qatari001

I have a question for you

When does a First Officer go to pay scale 2, is it 12 months to the day after joining or 12 months to the day after line check ? or something else. I spent months waiting for training and could mean me getting pay scale 2 is delayed a lot longer than the 12 months I have been here.

Also, when going from First Officer to Senior First Officer, does he/she go to pay scale 1 on the Senior First Officer pay scale or direct across pay scale 3 ? as he has already been here 3 years. I think it would be a good idea and incentive to stay if he went direct across to pay scale 3 ?

Also, if you have been here 5 years and get command, would you go to pay scale 5 Captains rate. If this was the case, I would be vey happy chappy and have no reason to want to look elsewhere. I like the job, the fleet I am on I am happy with 320 and 99% of the Captains I fly with are top blokes. Doha itself, I can live with it and think of far worst places to be.

Anybody able to shed any light on this.

BTW, don't forget to fill in your fleet transfer form and send back in before the end of June guys if you want a fleet transfer or command.

Saltaire
14th Jun 2011, 08:10
You guys should make more than anyone in the Gulf.... who wants to live in Doha and fly for Qatar? Stops the bleeding and droves leaving at least.

StandAlone
14th Jun 2011, 11:08
I'am not an usual complainer here, but I'am not so excited with this new package...It won't compensate the lost from the last years... better than nothing of course.

And it's wrote on the memo..."it's not for you drivers, it's to be competitive:E

Do you guys really think it's gonna stop the leak...I don't think so!

babyjet787
14th Jun 2011, 11:19
If you bother to do the "maths" properly and take the "package" in its entirety, it is definately "NOT THE BEST IN THE GULF" as is being boldly trumpeted on this forum.
Anyway, it is better than nothing. And yes, it will not stem the loss of people who want to leave. The lack of respect, abitrary way in which people are treated, utter contempt, and disregard for proper norms are not things that any amount of money can gloss over.
To each his own, QR will continue to be playing catch up to the other majors in the region and beyond. And only a drastic total cultural and corporate change will make a difference..
Alas, that will not happen, at least not in this lifetime....

Tachi
14th Jun 2011, 11:22
Excellent! Thank you Alpha Bravo! Thats all we should say really! The rest should be spared for if the rise is not in the July pay cheque :ok::D!

EC_CN
14th Jun 2011, 12:05
Hi there!

Happy to see that our basic has gone up, but still I think that it is far from what the other gulf carriers are offering if we compare the whole package. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I agree with you BabyJet787, this is not going to stop people from leaving, for sure.

Anyway, let's enjoy and let's say thank you. Asking for something better is never bad :D

Wish u all safe and nice flights!

loc22550
14th Jun 2011, 13:26
Black Pudding:
-For annual increase Everything is based on the date of your Final line check for your actual grade.
-And no.. if you change of grade you go back to the pay scale one in your new respective grade!(the pay scale is based on seniority in your respective grade,not inside the company and again the annual increase will be based according the new final line check date).

Standalone.i noticed the same ""to be competitive within the airline industry.."":E...sounds better than writing "to try to stop the resignation hemorrhage.."

Black Pudding
14th Jun 2011, 13:34
loc22550, thank you for clearing that up.

rsajlk
14th Jun 2011, 16:50
Thanks Boss...

Ajax
14th Jun 2011, 19:38
Well done to all the QR boys and girls, nobody works harder and deserves a pay rise more than you. BUT it won't stop or even slow down the rate of pilot resignations.

I think if you were to ask the people who already left QR, to list all their reasons why they left, the money would not even be in the top 5 reasons for most of them.

My wife said the best thing when we were talking about it, and trying to decide whether to leave or not, "We only have so many years on this earth, how many of them do we want to spend in this place" :hmm:

coffeezone
15th Jun 2011, 13:39
A welcome adjustment by any standard, but some problems have not been addressed in the new package.
Accommodation, a very important important area especially for families (but maybe for a single guy ok), is not changed. Amiri flight gets 18,000, try to get reasonable private accom for a family with a few kids on the 12,000 /10,000 at the present.
Duty Travel is nothing short of a travesty of justice, whatever time is spent on DT is wholly time spent for QR, away from home, in uniform, (and can't even have a wine with the meal), the only pay will be the somewhat small o/n allowance if on a o/n. Another major problem is that there is no minimum guarantee per month. Many airlines will pay eg 70 hrs, regardless of the hrs flown, as it is up to the airline to roster a reasonable number of hours. Currently, in QR the pay every month is extremely variable depending on the hrs flown. Go away on leave, rostered a low hour month, or have the bad luck to be on the A300, and the pay for a month is sweet nothing. It doesn't help the loan application to tell the bank manager that all I can guarantee is the Basic!
If these areas were addressed QR might become a reasonable, and admired, airline to work for!!

buttonpusher
15th Jun 2011, 14:16
....and whilst the pay rise is good news, it seems they are clawing some of it back with the annual leave ticket- now only on QR network, and not to your home base as before. Of course, only an issue if you don't happen to live near our ever expanding 5 star network! ;)

Brian Cohen
16th Jun 2011, 03:40
Thanks to all the people involved in the decision making process! Thank you

Tachi
16th Jun 2011, 05:31
"It seems they are clawing some of it back with the annual leave ticket- now only on QR network, and not to your home base as before. Of course, only an issue if you don't happen to live near our ever expanding 5 star network!"
This really was a step backwards... give with one hand take with the other?:sad:

Drop_the_Pilot
17th Jun 2011, 02:35
- 'This is still not a good salary.' How true.
- 'Is this the NEW one?' Oh Yes.
- 'Is there overtime pay?' I wish.
- 'Many airlines will pay eg 70 hrs, regardless of the hrs flown...' But not this one. Forget it.
- 'About AL; can I have them in 4 separate blocks?' You cannot because regardless of your bids, they will assign it however it suits them. It can be 2, it can be 5 or 6.

It seems, that the distribution of money among the pilots group will be shifted. Some people will benefit more/suffer less, others will benefit less/suffer more. All in all, it's a deception package. As it says in the very first sentence of the letter, the compensation package has been 'revised' - not improved.

In turn, I wouldn't be surprised, if we were to pay more for RP, exit permits, alc. license etc. in future.

Drop me

PIPE RIDER
18th Jun 2011, 04:10
So you actually think this was so good you should thank somebody for it???? First it doesn't come out of giving motivation to the crew or showing appreciation to you. Basically they did not have an option due to the massive amount of resignations and employment market recovery, But is people leaving because of money?? not a 100%.

The salary rise in QR never comes because of the amount of people resigning, they never care, is all about the amount of applications received, which is low compared to the requirements of the company.

Also the extra money will come from the pockets from a minority of employees (surprise surprise the senior pilots) who have lost their furniture allowance, and all the guys who lost their confirmed full fare tickets on other airlines to go home (QR does not serve every city in the world) this ticket was clearly specified on your contract, by the way contracts in Qatar are as good as toilet paper . 4 to 5 years ago salary increase came from removing extra hours from everyone, I am not trying to bring the spirit down but for sure in QR they are so sure about the senior pilots that they pull this tricks to attract more new joiners and really dont care if a senior guy leaves.

So guys see the big picture and before you spend your hard earned money on boats, cars, quad bikes and start thanking somebody who hates you .....think that nothing comes for free we are paying for this salary rise somehow....

Brian Cohen
18th Jun 2011, 13:03
Like KJ said ... situation is evolving and a positive attitude probably will help digest the things that aren't so easy to understand!

Eye off the ball
19th Jun 2011, 02:21
Brian, No offence but a quick click shows you have much to say about anything QR since April which, presumably, is roughly when you joined. It will realistically take a bit longer before you can preach about how things are perceived at QR.

Sit tight, see how things go and then post away but be careful not to become the pprune stereotype that some other frequent posters have become.

For example, be in no doubt that you have not been awarded a payrise because "the chief" loves you. There is therefore no need to thank him - he is giving you a payrise for business reasons, end of. The fact that he has agreed to award a payrise in no way removes any of the other issues that QR suffers at present, may of which are theoretically far more cheaply solved. The big problems are still there - it is only a payrise which has temporarily got the whingers to post smileys on this website.

The_Broon
19th Jun 2011, 05:56
So guys see the big picture and before you spend your hard earned money on boats, cars, quad bikes and start thanking somebody who hates you .....think that nothing comes for free we are paying for this salary rise somehow...

That's correct, Pipe Rider. I'm one of the many with the ALT entitlement to my home city being removed to help fund the pay increase. This has most likely cost the company almost nothing in the end. Thanks QR for giving with one hand, and taking with the other!
:ugh:

QR320
19th Jun 2011, 13:53
No body saying something about the cancellation of tickets to go home in other arilnes. This is obviously targeted to latin american pilots. Kind of xenophobic. Most European countries are served by QR.

I just want to tell everybody that more surprises are to come. And really, really nasty.

Start Packing my friends!

QR320
19th Jun 2011, 17:07
When they ask you to pay money form your pocket to upgrade or for fleet transfer I really want to to see you thank the Chief!

Miguel.
19th Jun 2011, 17:19
Out of interest, how many of you are in a legally binding contract?

Alcatraz69
19th Jun 2011, 19:22
This topic should be closed.

Take it and enjoy it or else guide us to something better !!

Miguel.
19th Jun 2011, 20:23
I agree!!

If you do not like the terms, put your money where your mouths are and leave.

The airline owes you nothing, you need the work.

In Europe I often hear how the natives would tell an middle eastern that if the women want their wear their Ninja suits then perhaps they should try and FO it in their country. We live by the terms, cultures, surrounds and respect the rules of the country.

If you're pi$$ed off that there is nowhere for you to get drunk or pick up women or that the company does not allow you to bang cabin crew then just leave. It cannot be any simpler.

Drop_the_Pilot
19th Jun 2011, 21:20
In Europe I often hear how the natives would tell an middle eastern that if the women want their wear their Ninja suits then perhaps they should try and...
Do you mean, they ME carriers should take revenge for that? Besides the fact, that there aren't so many europeans in QR; why should non-europeans suffer for this?

The airline owes you nothingI cannot agree on this one. The company did and still does promises to us, sometimes even in written. And they should keep what they have promised or signed. Doesn't the company expect the same from its employees?

We need the 'work' - and they need the pilots to keep their fleet airborne. Any idea, how many QR-aircraft are grounded currently due to pilot shortage? I think, if people were told the whole truth about respecting 'terms, cultures, surrounds and rules' from the beginning, this company would not be able to attract even such a small number of pilots.
Or is this maybe their way of respecting 'terms, cultures, surrounds and rules' ?

Drop me

Miguel.
19th Jun 2011, 22:41
It's not revenge, it is just the way it works. You expect rules and efficiency of your own country but you're in a foreign country.

Can you give an example of the promises which have not been kept?

Just how big is the pilot shortage, I am interested to know just what you have the figure as.

Drop_the_Pilot
19th Jun 2011, 23:03
If so, why do you complain about europeans, when you are a foreigner in Europe? Remember:

It is just the way it works. You expect rules and efficiency of your own country but you're in a foreign country.
Figure about pilot shortage? I asked the number of grounded planes Migu. Maybe you know it.

Why do some people generally take the bad/worst options for pilots as example from other airlines? Would this not affect you guys also? Why not taking the best option for both parties to create a win/win situation?

Drop me and good night

PIPE RIDER
20th Jun 2011, 04:11
So, just pack and go??? apparently some people do not understand how the work, life, job,family . You can not just take off it takes a very big logistics.

This is one reason why we can not take things just easy, and accept everything they throw at you. Apparently the amount of prostitution in our colleagues is a lot, like the guys who will take off from a good family and friends meeting to fly on a day off and get paid extra money....you and your family deserve a life...

I strongly recommend that if the ticket issue affects you talk to any of your CPF's, or send an email on a respectful and direct manner, believe it or not a couple of things have turned around after discussion, maybe some of you are new on the company but they come very close to remove housing allowance and send everybody in guantanamo (ain khaled) or Fungus (holliday) villas, but after the amount of people whia had invested in zig zag or the pearl properties they backed up...

Just an opinion from an experienced expat, not just any punk who is happy they give him away a poorly trained A320 type rating and he feels he is better than any other regional pilot in EU or US

Brian Cohen
21st Jun 2011, 03:57
Eye off the ball ... you are absolutely correct and you have to admit that the grass is always greener ...!
On the other hand I would like to have management concentrated about creating revenue in order to avoid bankrupt and furlough (common practice in EU and in US).
Having said that there are greener pasture in the gulf region, but whatever is the reason why whiners keep staying where there are is because they don't have a better option/offer. And you'll see how many will pack and leave in the next months.
Perfect organizations do not exist! Money cannot solve problems, although it's a very good way to put a smile in your face (for how long is an other issue). Like every other organization, QR is made by people and it's practically impossible for a one person alone run such a show! So blame also your respective chain of command!

Kafkatar
22nd Jun 2011, 14:24
QRA320 is not smoking something illegal, he is correct.

New company wide policy asks all employees to pay for any training that costs over 5000QR. They will deduct a certain amount of your salary for a certain amount of time, and refund you the money without intrest if you are still hjere at the end of the period.

Example for type rating:

Cost 130000QR
Period: 2 years
3 years seniority: Gives you 80% of amount to pay.

24 months X 4333QAR = 104000QAR. If still here after 24 months this money will get re-imbursed!

Jimbo124
22nd Jun 2011, 16:20
Kafkatar,

Can you please tell me where the reference for this new policy is and when it is effective from, does it apply to command courses too? How is it to be implemented?

Thanks

babysandbox
22nd Jun 2011, 20:10
Yes, it's a rumor network, but true ones.....

The new bond will be out soon after they manage to understand how many people they can count on for fleet transfer, command upgrade and so on....Definately after 30th of june which is the end date for fleet bid...

Bond on any fleet transfer, 50% paid by the pilot, also applicable to command upgrade.....SHAME ON YOU!!!

I don't know why they hates us pilots so much , or if all these things they do to us are to be considered as an expression of deep inability to rule management positions...

In any case only those who cannot go anywhere else are saying "thanks boss". All others are more and more committed to go somewhere else as soon as possible.

BSB

qatarpilot123
23rd Jun 2011, 01:43
This is the straw that has broken the camel’s back.
The new bonding policy has taken effect since the 1st of June but has been kept secret from the crews. All crews that are doing any training from June 1st might be bonded. It is a case of total lack of respect of the work force to bring in a policy like this and keep it secret.
My respect for the CFOO and CPF is nil.
If they think this will reduce the number of people leaving the airline, they are truly fools. People are leaving because of actions like this - a total lack of respect for the pilot group. If QR wants to retain their pilots and have the pilot group respect the management, the management will have to treat the pilot group with some respect. It is a two way street.
I have been here for over 7 years and have been suffering from a case of Stockholm Syndrome over the last few years. The slap in the face of the less than adequate pay rise, loss of tickets to my home town and now bonding for any training cost of over 5000 QR has woken me up. Time to total the logbook and update the CV. I have told the family we will be out of here by Christmas, the wife is the happiest I have seen in years. Life is short, too short to be treated like this.
Every year QR loses more pilots than the year before, because of the way they treat us. It looks like QR will lose about 15% of it pilot workforce this year (maybe more because of this new policy).
A happy workforce is a productive and efficient. An unhappy workforce will cost you money anyway they can out of spite. It is human nature. If you let the company walk on you over this matter, you will be their doormat forever.

babyjet787
23rd Jun 2011, 03:50
Unfortunately, quite a number of people were cheering when they heard the announcement of the pay rise. Like I said in my previous post, MONEY will not change the mind of someone who wants to leave QR. It may delay the inevitable, eventually, (Like Greece, who will eventually default), they will leave!
This is because they are treating symptoms and not the problem. The cancer which is eating up the country is symbolised and epitomised by QR.
The lack of respect, the total disregard for proper norms of decency, they treat everyone like "slaves" (where is CNN in their modern day slavery series?) They still require exit permits for workers to leave (North Korea., Cuba!! Ring a Bell), their archaic rules on "sponsorship", their total lack of transparency in their dealings, (FIFA) and their stoic belief that with money they can have their way!
Unfortunately, that attitude is pervasive not just in the country but in QR! And unfortunately that is not about to change. Some of the leaders in the country are trying, but unfortunately it is almost an impossible process. There will be people who will come to replace the pilots that leave, of different levels of experience and from different strata of society.
But one thing that QR should not forget is the basic principle of what goes around must come around. Today they have their way, treating their staff with utter shabbiness! They will lose good people, and so will the country. And finally, maybe not in my lifetime, but when the last drop of oil is squeezed out of the ground, and the last sniffer of gas escapes their earthly bounds, everyone will pack up, and leave them to their castles in the sand, their camels, and their archaic medieval life style.
People who see QR for what it really is, will call it out for what really is. The slave ships (and that is what all those middle east carriers are, even though some have tried to improve on that image, but we all know that is what they are! look at their major destinations, Indian sub continent, phillipines, Indonesia etc) will eventually rot away in the sand and they will be left wondering what went wrong. They have only themselves to blame.
Maybe they will wake up and realise before it is too late, maybe they wont. But I am not holding my breathe. The courageous pilots of QR, walk and hold your chins high up. Stand up for respect. Demand it. You may not get it but at least you showed you have "cohunous". Change is difficult, but other opportunities are opening up. Dont stand and be treated the way QR treats you. Enough said.
For those who have ears, let them hear!

JungleJett
2nd Jul 2011, 12:33
Regarding the salary increase, since it says applicable from June 1st and will show on July payroll...does it mean that on the next pay check we will see the normal salary increase for July AND what they owe us for June??...
Any thoughts? I know it will be all clear when the July salary is here but it would be nice to know a month in advance what to expect.

Thanks,

JJ

nutwrencher
2nd Jul 2011, 15:18
According to the memo they sent us, end of this month we should be paid the extra amount for both June & July.

flyforfood1
2nd Jul 2011, 15:27
JJ, yep backdated pay rise from June will be in July's pay. :ok:

loc22550
2nd Jul 2011, 16:09
"They are treating symptoms not the problem" :ok:

The recent introduction of bond and salary deduction for new joiners is a perfect exemple, because they have lost a lot of money with people who jumpship..
So Now instead of trying to solve the real problem: " WHY do people jumpship here??", they prefer to penalize any new joiners!!!
Did they solve the problem:NO.

Just Make the people happy,treat them like human and respect them,they won't jumpship!!

indianace
3rd Jul 2011, 01:30
the bond is only for new joiners..doesnt involve fleet transfer or command upgrade..pay 50% of the bond over 18 months salary deduction and will be returned back to the new joiners once 36 months is over.

this is introduced to avoid new joiners with no rating making use of QR to get the rating and resigning when they have 1000 hours on type...many did that...as a company its a lost investment...this new method is good to my knowledge...however better method of including this with a pilot provident fund would be good in retaining pilots...

its a good start and hopefully many more new and good thing would come to QR....ps...the salary deduction of staff travel is fantastic...now i can buy and pay anytime of the day.....

PIPE RIDER
3rd Jul 2011, 05:09
to INDIAN ace

BOSS, BOSS Can I borrow your pink googles to see everything sooo nice???

loc22550
3rd Jul 2011, 07:55
Indianace...
Why do people use Qr to get the rating,some experience and then leave or jumpship,why they don't stay here???
The problem should be tackled from the base!

TROPICAL-DEPRESSION
3rd Jul 2011, 10:08
Guys, this new bond policy, we all know it's no solution and it's only putting off others who are disgussed by what this company does to force their people to stay.

Will it really attract the people they need?
The new payrise that they didn't want to pay when it really should have been paid, did it really make people change their minds and not quite?

Will a very slow trainning dept. of low quality, a truly unefficient, corrupt and unproductive rostering department and having extremely unefficient flighttime planning, make the pilots stay?

Planes will be grounded, is what I am saying.

shamonwillye
3rd Jul 2011, 15:23
HI Guys,

Does this bond repayment for 18 months begin once the Type Rating is completed or once the Line training is completed and signed off the Line check?

I ask as what about fast track second officers (80 sector avg for line training)? The 2nd officer basic is $2600. and taking off the Bond is $1388, so remaining is: $1212. What about current loans too pay off also.

Hopefully bond repayments start when PASS the Line Check!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Guys!

nutwrencher
3rd Jul 2011, 16:40
HI Guys,

Does this bond repayment for 18 months begin once the Type Rating is completed or once the Line training is completed and signed off the Line check?

I ask as what about fast track second officers (80 sector avg for line training)? The 2nd officer basic is $2600. and taking off the Bond is $1388, so remaining is: $1212. What about current loans too pay off also.

Hopefully bond repayments start when PASS the Line Check!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Guys!

Well in the memo it states for the first 18 months they will deduct the amount from your salary...
So to me that means the deductions start from day one! Also there is no mention of finishing type rating/line check in the memo further confirming my suspicions
A nice welcome present from QR

indianace
3rd Jul 2011, 21:34
pipe rider..i am here not to bash,just to add what i know and how i feel..its individual...loc22550..i agree many comes and leaves with nice rating...why...because again its individual...whatever benefits themself...

as from the company..yes i agree again with you loc22550..many things could be done...but i been here few years now and changes and betterment coming slowly but surely....not fast enough for some...

as for the bond its only for new joiners and if QR is getting enough qualified and quality pilots or not OR if planes are grounded thats for the company to worry about..not for us ...for all of us..my sincere wishes enjoy flying and be merry always...

Spirit1
8th Jul 2011, 13:15
Hello there.

I made the following text a little month ago. However due to bad internet connection and many other bad excuses I never posted it:O.

I do it now and kindly ask all new joiners to pay attention.
Wake up. Do not and I repeat do not be so stupid to thanks the little man in the white dress:E.
Remember that for more than THREE years that guy didn’t give us a cent! Many of us have being paying school fee out of our own pocket! The inflation has been 10-15% every year! Housing allowance is not even close to the reality. The USD is down the drain. The so-called protection rate is worth nothing. Simply because it is based on the last 3 years value of the USD:ugh:.
Yes it good news. However, remember last time the pay rise turned out to be pay rice. A PAY CUT. And the overtime is still somewhere in the dessert:eek:.
I know 20% sounds good to all of you new Joyner’s. But believe me there are so much more quality to life outside this place. Sometime you just need a kick in the … to see it.:)

Well. Have fun down there and keep up the spirit. There is always a new day tomorrow but do not let QR take more of your life than necessary.
See you around the Globe

Regards

Spirit1
( did not have access to the new memo;))

airwjo
17th Jul 2011, 08:56
hey guys,

am reading this thread now for long time and get quite amused

am just asking you all: which pay raise?

am here now for quite some time (6+) and i never saw such a joke of pay raise. yes spirit1 it sounds only good for new joiners, but reality in doh is:

9% inflation every year, unrealistic housing costs, school system a joke and if you have 2 or more children, you end up paying from your own pocket (even with the new school allowance, if you send them to a good international school) - medical system terrible - 3rd world countrylike

increasing living costs every year, when i came here 2005, 500Qr in Carrefour was a lot, now worth half of it.

respect? what is respect - they and i mean 99% of the people here don't know this word, just look how the qataris behave in general - rich but uneducated greedy and filthy

so now everybody will ask, why am still here? well, if i would have the chance to go back, i would but for the time no jobs available and further to asia is nothing for my family, as they like to go home

furthermore and this is especially for indianace: ask yourself, if after 20 years, you go back, how much money is left and was it really worth it? and what really became better in qr? a bidding system, which costs millions of dollars and is corrupted, a new dispatch - wow, still when u go into tec buildling, the first thing you smell actually is the big rubbish container stop looking through your pinkish glasses or can i have your pills? and if u are such an ace - indigo is hiring and ordered a lots of planes, as well as jet airways - ahh sorry i forgot, they all come to qr

i understand people from leaving with nice rating, and believe me, even with a huge bond, they will go or jumpship

anyway back to the topic - as i said 9% inflation each year - so which payraise?

cheers to all:ok:

loc22550
17th Jul 2011, 09:52
Well on paper..its a pay "rise"!:hmm:

Brian Cohen
17th Jul 2011, 17:39
am here now for quite some time (6+) and i never saw such a joke of pay raise. yes spirit1 it sounds only good for new joiners,
Well actually the new joiners have to pay out of their own pocket the big bond. So looking at the glass half full, the new joiners are lucky because they pay 1/2 of the bond with the pay-raise. And it could have been worse without the raise ... especially with kids and high maintenance wife!
But looking at the glass half empty, the new joiners have to deduct from the pre-payraise basic 1/2 of the remaining bond which is still a big chunk of chips.

medical system terrible - 3rd world country like
the public health system works quite fine ... but if you want to go private you can work the system a bit better and changing country is still a purchasable option.

9% inflation every year, unrealistic housing costs, school system a joke and if you have 2 or more children, you end up paying from your own pocket

Unfortunately all correct but they have to do something about it because the western world is getting slowly but surely out of these bs economic ... they will have to raise the offer in the expat pilot market or ... !

Pay raise better than nothing and hopefully just the beginning!
Hope for the best and expect the worse... with a solid back-up plan!

airwjo
18th Jul 2011, 08:58
morning to all,

medical system is a joke, go to doha or apollo clinic, of qr medical center i do not even talk - you go in one of those, they will give you some panadol, but a real check up will never happen

and nothing will happen here, people are still desperate to come to qr, look at the other threads, especially the joining one

i like this sentence hope for the best, expect the worse, i would say expect the WORST

good luck to all:ok:

loc22550
18th Jul 2011, 10:08
Talking about joke&medical...
The first think you have to do when you are sick here is...To take your car and go to this medical center or any clinic to get your certificate...!!!!
Very convenient indeed when you are stuck at home with a very bad food poisoning&Diarrhea!!:ugh::ugh:
What to do....

Back to the initial topic..: any news about our "bonus" for this year???:E
Are we gone beat the EK 12 weeks bonus???:}

Homo Ludens
18th Jul 2011, 15:35
Bonus? What bonus?!?

40&80
18th Jul 2011, 15:52
Hacked off pilots will make and execute all sorts of plans to depart with maximum inconvenience to a company if they imagine they have been driven by disrespect into leaving.
I recall a very good young expat B767 Captain who on the day his final line check paperwork was all signed off.....resigned....having obtained his glass cockpit training....paid off his bond..... and went immediately onto a previously arranged B747-400 course which required glass cockpit experience.
He remained at his new airline for many years until terminated due age rules.

Brian Cohen
18th Jul 2011, 18:35
I recall a very good young expat B767 Captain who on the day his final line check paperwork was all signed off.....resigned....having obtained his glass cockpit training....paid off his bond..... and went immediately onto a previously arranged B747-400 course which required glass cockpit experience.

Explain how he did it!

airwjo
18th Jul 2011, 19:49
Well the bonus, if there is one, will be calculated the Indian way like the currency protection

Something divided by 365 multiple 30 divided by something minus something

At the end u get as fo 2000 rials

So forget 12 weeks straight

Cheers :ok:

PIPE RIDER
18th Jul 2011, 20:27
Please , Pleeeeease ,,, NO bonus. they will do it the QR way and to finance a bonus maybe will remove meal allowances, it has been proved by history nothing is for free in QR.

By the way recently flightglobal mag gave the airline management prizes for outstanding management in aviation and guess who WAS NOT there??

airwjo
18th Jul 2011, 20:44
Correct, like with the new pay raise

They took the furniture allowance

Nothing is free in Qr

I read the article and why now am not surprised?

loc22550
19th Jul 2011, 06:17
""outstanding management in aviation""??????:E

indianace
19th Jul 2011, 12:55
just back from leave..wow what a humidity here...
well..as for bonus..no news or rumours..maybe none at all this year..not hoping..if it comes well and good.
airwjo...yep indigo and go air hiring and so is many airlines..i am sure if you get good offer from elsewhere you would go..so would i but at this moment i am happy here...
brian..nice positive posting
as for inflation 9%..its the COUNTRY..not the company...i am sure many of your home countries inflation has gone up since 2005...atleast we have got 15-20% rise to battle this...better than nothing at all...its not enough to fight the dropping dollars and rising cost of living but atleast something is better than nothing at all...
as for medical care..doha is good..infact medical care in doha is much better than few parts of the world and as pilots ALLIANZ covers almost all of it...
for school fees..yep..maybe not enough to cover for guys with 4 school going kids but the qr106,000 for 3 kids is actually great as not many airlines gives school fees..ie..airasia,jetairways,jazeera,virgin,ba, etc doesnt have school fees...some of us have to top up ..but then this is the quality of life that we give our kids...
for tech building and dispatch..its actually great improvement since our porta cabin days..and i believe with NDIA it would be much better..just hold on till 2013...
and yes loc22550..the new medical/sick leave ACN is not very compulsive..and some doctors in QMC is not helpful as well..something has to be done on this....but otherwise if you consult many other hospitals in doha, sick leave is given if its deem that you are unfit.the doctors in american and future are great..
just my thoughts guys...ENJOY SUMMER

airwjo
19th Jul 2011, 14:11
dear indianace

well, most of your people like qatar, as it is much better than in india

for your info the inflation in my country is 3% and i meant qatar not QR!!!!

inceasing living costs? doha got expensive like europe and sometimes even more, completly unjustified - the quality here is bs, sorry to say it like this, but thats a fact and it will always be

i know, that the social system is going down as well in europe, but at least we have some protection - missing in QR

education: again unjustified expensive, you should not make money with education, there was even an article about it in the peninsula or gulf times - written by a concerned indian mother - cannot agree more

medical system: the good ones here like al ahli, and hamad are not covered by alliance, but for all reading this, i advise you to get a national health card
and believe me, if i would have to do a heavy surgery, god forbid, i will never have it, i go back, i would never do it it here

cheers:ok:

indianace
19th Jul 2011, 14:34
well..cant agree with you more on education..people are making tons of money with education..it shouldnt be this way..basic education is so expensive in doha at some schools..its time for the goverment to introduce a standard pricing system...
on national health card..thats a really good idea..even me..would not do any heavy medical procedure here as many places in the world is better however allianz still covers it world wide..
social and moral isssue..i would not comment on it as it differs between countries and culture...
yes..yes...QR can do many more things for us but compare to 2005 what we have here is much better..all i can say is that..things will surely improve,maybe not fast enough for some but betterment will come..
cheers...

airwjo
19th Jul 2011, 19:29
Let's c what is happening, in my believe, this airline could be the best, if some people would do their job, or attend a simple management course

A happy employee will give much more than an unhappy

For the health card, I really can recommend it, simple to get 100qr per year and all the good hospitals especially al ahli and Hamad are covered

All the best

Cheers:ok:

widebody300er
20th Jul 2011, 07:36
airwjo,
I have been to Al Alhi many time with the Allainz card and everything has been covered, including scans, mri's, xrays, and treatment with a specialist.

Capt Krunch
20th Jul 2011, 10:09
airwjo

know what your talking about before you BS everybody. As widebody mentioned, Al Alhi is covered by our medical coverage (Allianz) as are many other medical facilities here.

you do a lot of whining and have nothing positive to say
They took the furniture allowance
OMG. how terrible.. they took your 900 QR !!!!
in my case I went from a 5 year capped basic salary of approx 29,000 QR to a new basic salary of just over 40,000 QR in the pay raise scheme.. so, yes they can have my 900 QR housing allowance, i wont quibble over nickels and dimes.

For those of you on the outside looking in, (again) the work here is ok, (same sh^t you would find anywhere else as an ex-pat) the money if fine (i'm not greedy) and always on time. yes, the goal posts change all the time and yes it's hot in the desert.. duh !.
Some people in the region do not have the education of that in the west and some have absolutely no manners.. but i don't hang with those people, so in the end.. i don't really care. Thats just the way it is.

flapsfullretard
20th Jul 2011, 10:40
Krunch

As long as you're alright!

What about the new joiners with the new bond, what about those that didnt get a 10000QR raise that needed the 900QR?

Indianace

Same for your pal, you're ok, what about those after you....you are the type that start the race to the bottom by taking the lowest deal available and never ever complaining, and never standing up for anyone else!

FFR

Fubaliera
20th Jul 2011, 11:03
I dont know what country must of you are from, but my stay at QR have been the most miserable of my life and biggest career mistake ever.Management will not back you up in a new york minute, there evil and will judge you without getting both sides of the story. Any disagreement with a Indian will be reported immediatley and punished by the white guys in flight ops. As far as Doha goes no matter how you look at it its disgusting, and those people who say its nice are full of crap, just trying to justify there own misery here in hell. Oh my children love Ain Khaled, or its great for families is also bull. I love the fact that lots of people want to come, please join. Oh did I forget to mention now the normal punishments for mechanics is jailtime, or termination for a tailstrike like the recent one in Cochin, or the hard landing in Rome. Whats next jailtime for pilots who do a over 1.5G landing, or a cabin crew who opens a slide by mistake. Somethings gotta give. but it wont be in my time. Im counting the days before my notice period ends. Bye Bye

airwjo
20th Jul 2011, 12:10
about al ahli: last year they did NOT and i say again NOOOT take my Allianz card, maybe they changed now, i did not know, but tks

to mr. krunchy:

as fubaliera said, i guess, you r one of those, digging their nose in somebody else a..., never standing up, taking the lowest deal

and the money as well as the roster is fine only on 330 and 777, on the 320, you work your a.. off, and on the 300, you don't fly

so am not whining, am telling FACTS here

jailtime for the mechanics? yes correct, i knew him, nice pal, was thinking out of the box, got punished for it
reported for any non sense reason? yes, like in a kinder garden
warning letter, just because you do not wear your most precious hat? yes
corrupted rostering system? yes
back up from the office? no, and i got to know this personally

i could not have said it better fubaliera and good luck with your future career

over and out:ok:

indianace
20th Jul 2011, 14:02
well flapsfullretard..once again i am not here for bashing..just to clarify..the salary for new joining capt is now qr31000..previously 25000..thats 6000 jump..minus furniture allowance 900 = 5100 jump.minus bond ( qr50000 / 36 months =) qr 1388 (( for 18 months,paid back to pilot after 36 months)) = thats sill a jump of QR 3712...even new joiners are getting a good increase about 15% nett....and nobody is forced to join..its by choice...
fubaliera..i totally envy your goodself...this is exactly what everyone who is unhappy should to...resign and find a more happier greener pasture elsewhere...wishing you total happiness and sucess in your future airline..
as for jailtime and corrupt roster practice..cant really comment as nil info at this time...
for reporting practise..yes i totally agree its gone overboard..but cant really do anything about it as it involves different department(cc).
for all..just follow the rules and regulation,sop on flight and go back after work to your family..then everything else would be fine...many have been here for more than 10 yrs with no trouble..now time for my drink again..

hushkit77
20th Jul 2011, 17:23
I believe the bond is US$50,000 not QR50,000.
Bit of a difference!

loc22550
21st Jul 2011, 04:34
Airwjo..indeed good true fact!
Back the the 320 fleet,I think a lot of people here dont realise the situation on 320 fleet,(different airline!!)even worse now (if its still possible..) during the peak summer time!
"Sorry captain..we are short of crew":E:ugh:
Well DO something !!

PIPE RIDER
21st Jul 2011, 07:00
Good Idea LOC, how about bringing the guys from 330 that have had a 3 in their sim, all this take offs landings and approaches in a short time may hone their skills.

Oh i forgot that the 3 rule is only applicable to DOHA express airways (I meant the 320 fleet)..

loc22550
21st Jul 2011, 09:32
Excellent suggestion!

widebody300er
21st Jul 2011, 10:44
Hey guys bonus is here, same as last year. Guess it's better then getting nothing!!:D

tcas II
21st Jul 2011, 12:50
To indigence
I think the first yr cap basic is 26500. Not 25000

salsaboy
21st Jul 2011, 13:36
What was last years bonus? (if u don't mind me asking!)
A few weeks?

loc22550
21st Jul 2011, 15:53
-A few weeks.....:E Cool Down Salsaboy..its NOT EK here its Q.R.:
The last year Bonus was...ONE week.!!(no, i'm not joking!)

-TcasII the first year basic for Captain is now 31000 QR.

-Widebody
i'm happy for you,you must be indeed the only one who got a bonus.

widebody300er
21st Jul 2011, 18:25
Loc maybe you should read your ACNs you might learn something:ugh: I'm special but not that special. I'm sure others will get there's to...;)

Paper Lad
22nd Jul 2011, 07:17
Yep, it's a bonus I suppose.

One weeks basic salary based on the old pay-scale with lots of other conditions attached eg DOJ, warning letters etc.

I dont recall if the memo states when we get it though but it does come with a nice attachment from the chief telling us how well we are all doing in these 'difficult times'.

PL

loc22550
22nd Jul 2011, 07:47
Paper Lad
31 july 2011. its on the ACN..read your ACN properly otherwise you will make widebody upset!:ooh:

IMHO,AAB has not choice but giving us a Bonus..,not because we are doing well(maybe we do,yes..), not to make us happy....BUT because of one think :the IPO.
The One week bonus,same as last year,(even better than nothing) sounds more "Symbolic" to me .

loc22550
22nd Jul 2011, 11:59
not complaining..just remain convinced that the ...one week.. bonus is there because of the IPO only.

EC_CN
22nd Jul 2011, 15:11
Hi, anybody can give me some light on the memo that it's on the ACNs? I joined on January (not the first)...so am I eligible for that 50%? Thanks guys!

Brian Cohen
22nd Jul 2011, 15:24
Well the bonus is really just a hand shake for the good job ... animals belonging to the pilots spices are moneyvores ... never enough till they are fat, damn and happy (the happy part is hidden, especially here in doh)!
9th floor is trying to find an alternate solution for the Delmege Forsyth Tours (Pvt) Limited affair ... needed for future cargo ops expansion (faster and better).

IFRFLIGHT
26th Jul 2011, 17:21
Hi, guys. I was recently approved for A320 Captain. Still on doc's phase and might join in a couple of months. I've heard A320 pilots are finally going to B777. Which is great. But I am still thinking about leaving my country in South America. I would like to know about life as well, about rising up kids and if you guys consider QR as a long term carrier. I mean, if the company will last longer...:confused:

Che Xindamail
26th Jul 2011, 18:33
Be wary of considering QR as a career move. As someone mentioned, you can get fired for no reason as the Cochin incident shows. You may follow SOPs, and still have a career destroying verdict made against you, guilty or not. That career move you had hoped for in QR may become a career stopper before your probation is over. Then what do you do? Apply for a new job having been fired from QR? The potential new employer will most likely throw away your application in favor of the next candidate who doesn't have a perpetual question mark hanging over his judgment and professionalism, valid or not. We've lost 102 pilots so far this year for various reasons, rostering being the main issue. We have A320 Fleet Managers who don't manage the A320 fleet, allowing rosters with minimum rest between day/night flights. At the same time we have the Fatigue Management System Committee (what a waste of time those meetings must be). Why pay lip service to Fatigue Management, when fatigue issues are so blatantly and thoroughly ignored? Which brings me to my favorite: The Qatar Airways Safety Culture. If ever there was an oxymoron... But on a lighter note, the food is pretty good, salary is ok and the staff travel system is great, seeing how we fly absolutely everywhere.
Fubaliera, well done on moving on. Heading East?

Non Zero
26th Jul 2011, 18:36
Don't worry there's enough gas for you and the son of the son of son of your kids ... you can still make three generation happy ... if this was your concern!

IFRFLIGHT
26th Jul 2011, 18:51
Well, I've read a few forums about QR from 2007 till now and what I could analize is that some of the complains are been solved in time. Not everything nor in the desired time but I can see that things tend to be a little bit better. Am I completed wrong?:ugh:

loc22550
27th Jul 2011, 08:16
IFRFLIGHT:
320 fleer roster problems&complains have never been solved so far...(just getting bad to worse!),and i doubt our new useless 320 CP(who nevertheless receive tons of complains,so he can't pretend he is not aware of the problem..!!!) will do anything.
Unlike the 330-777 guys we can't get 4-5-6 days off in a row...we fly with minimum rest, we never get our bid,the few one we might get by chance,are sometime removed...,constant changes in roster:why..?corruption??
i let you guess...

skya320
27th Jul 2011, 08:32
loc22550 You've said it all. :ok::ok::ok:

shamonwillye
27th Jul 2011, 22:42
Hey guys,

Starting in several weeks as Fast Track SO A330. got offered employment contract in May.

I Hear a new contract will be on the way to me with the TRAINING BOND applied and with NO Pay RISE, the pay will be the same as the May Contract?

A friend of mine got his contract and this happened already... so is there no PAY RISE for New Pilots?

ALSO one last thing: Contract says 30 Days leave not 42 days p/y? Is this just until passing Fast Track S/O line training and going to FO do you think??

:confused::confused:

THANKS! :)

IFRFLIGHT
28th Jul 2011, 02:36
loc22550:

I believe you are right as you're there and I'm not. Any way, do you think I should reconsider this offer? Before your answer I have to tell that I am looking for a long term commitment. And I have a few friends in QR and they are not completelly said about it...:sad:

aviationboy
28th Jul 2011, 05:21
shamonwillye, that is great to hear. I thought fast track SOs were being put on the a320 fleet??

Anyway, have an application in myself for fast track. I have read some conflicting reports on the salary, and have tried to work it out myself... I am guessing it is still somewhere around $2000 usd/wk for FO's based on around 70hrs flying??

Cheers for any info guys :ok:

TwoTone-7
28th Jul 2011, 10:56
Shamonwillye.

As far as I know. No pay rise for Second Officers.

Pay is 10k including transport allowance and then you start paying back the bond after your final line check. So you will always be on roughly 10k until becoming FO.

30 calender days holiday is correct.

Miss Aviator
28th Jul 2011, 13:15
@TwoTone-7

I noticed that they have 42 days annual leave listed on their website for Capt's and FO's, why do you say it's 30 days ? or have I missed some important detail ?

TwoTone-7
28th Jul 2011, 13:19
Apparently it's a mistake. The holiday period is 42 days.

B767PL
28th Jul 2011, 14:47
So there is 30 days of leave a year , not 42?

That is quite a difference.

Non Zero
28th Jul 2011, 14:48
No pay rise for Second Officers.

Information NOT correct! The pay raise applies to all.

TwoTone-7
28th Jul 2011, 19:23
Non Zero. I can tell you now. Second Officers have not had a pay rise. Or, could you clarify the Second Officer pay?

aviationboy
28th Jul 2011, 23:00
Only really an issue if you are a normal SO, and even then 8 or so months on that salary is not bad at all. I made way less than that for my first job :rolleyes: