PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet -- Belfast Basings ??

Speedbrake Lever
30th Jul 2001, 00:53
I saw somewhere a while ago that Easy were thinking of maybe starting bases in Belfast

Is this going to happen?

If so when is it likely

SL

Thanks

Orangewing
30th Jul 2001, 02:33
These things are constantly subject to change, often at very short notice, and usually with no reason given.However, the current "plan" is to have a small number of crew based permanently in BFS,starting around the second quarter of next year (if my information is correct)which will be supplemented by London/Liverpool crews as and when necessary,on a temporary basis.
In short, if you meet the necessary entry requirements and wish to be based in BFS,then you will be.HOWEVER we have Dutch Pilots who have been waiting over three years to be based "back home"!!!!
Hope it is of some use! :D

In trim
30th Jul 2001, 17:32
I thought they were already basing people in BFS? How are they planning to crew the new services from BFS-EDI/GLA?

Orangewing
30th Jul 2001, 20:15
By using crews who are based at LTN,and who will operate through BFS as either a single night stop or part of a 4 day trip i.e 2nts AMS,2nts BFS I should imagine.This is how we crew AMS flights,using LTN crew because there are no locally based Pilots.We simply nightstop.At the moment, there are no crew based in BFS. ;)

[ 30 July 2001: Message edited by: Orangewing ]

Speedbrake Lever
1st Aug 2001, 01:21
Orangewing

Thanks for that

When it is up and running fully I could be interested

Its getting near time to vacate the

Desert, I mean Oil is only a crummy 26$

but I'll look out closely

SL

atr42
2nd Aug 2001, 17:00
EasyJet and Go recently intensified their activities to/from Belfast. I think this strategy could be risky with the present political situation in NI. If clashes between NI population don't stop soon tourists will go elsewhere....

(I live in Switzerland and recently visit Belfast with Easyjet. I was not alone to do that !!!)

[ 02 August 2001: Message edited by: atr42 ]

[ 02 August 2001: Message edited by: atr42 ]

Gypsy
2nd Aug 2001, 23:30
atr - its nothing to do with tourists but has got something to do with the huge Irish population residing in England!

Patsy 001
3rd Aug 2001, 14:06
...and our desire to get to quality football matches!! :D