PDA

View Full Version : Major Security Threat - Avalon & Tullamarine

VH-XXX
18th May 2011, 01:45
So come clean, who didn't wear their ASIC today?

More information as it comes to hand :ok:

HarleyD
18th May 2011, 02:42
Am at tulla now having Nando's and getting ready to do outbound immigration!!!!

What's going on???

HD

AussieNick
18th May 2011, 03:09
Extremist threats hit Avalon and Melbourne airports | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/avalon-and-melbourne-airports-in-lockdown-over-bomb-threat/story-e6frfq80-1226058141116)

HarleyD
18th May 2011, 03:52
I see nothing out of the ordinary at any stage during skybus, lower hall, checkin, screening (except that i didn't get sniffed this time) border security, duty free or the boarding lounge. if i hear any loud noises i will let you know.

the boarding gate was changed at short notice form one of the outer ones to one of the closer ones - just after i got to the first one.

boarding soon.

HD

Chu Mai Huang
18th May 2011, 04:41
STOP PRESS - JUST IN

A Qantas Boeing 737 has just made an uneventful routine landing at Melbourne Airport and immediately directed by ATC to gate 5. Passengers were all thanked for flying Qantas and requested to leave the aircraft and proceed direct to the baggage carousel. Some however, were seen immediately leaving the terminal and boarding taxis for unknown destinations. 13 year veteran cabbie Ivanna Benderova said she had experienced this many times before, often they were men in business suits, carrying briefcases. An airport spokesperson who declined to be named said "nothing to see here, move along..."

Frank Arouet
18th May 2011, 04:48
outbound immigration!!!!

Probably a dry run in anticipation of the Malasia solution?

Now that could be worth watching.:uhoh:

VH-XXX
18th May 2011, 06:03
Given that The Age seemingly didn't even run the story and that a letter was confiscated by police from the Herald Sun, one wonders if it really was a credible threat and if it went anywhere other than to the offices of the Herald Sun.