PDA

View Full Version : Looking for nice airline!

Frederic
5th Apr 2001, 13:08
Everybody, I just applied to BA and they''ve invited me for the next stage. From what I've read here it feels to me like I'm making a major mistake. I mean, yeah maybe BA is horrible to work for, maybe it's great, maybe in between. But can someone then tell which company IS nice to work for then? I really want to change job and type, have about 2000 hours and a 146 type rating... So just not enough to join Emirates or even attempt Virgin Atlantic. If I would go for one of the charterers, wich one? Heeeelp meeee!
P.S.: Some positive inputs,please! Wingers,stay away.

thegypsy
7th Apr 2001, 07:36
Fred. You really mean you have 2000 hours and you have to ask such a pathetic question? There is good and bad in all airlines. Do you want to make a career of your next move,go abroad for a few and risk missing out on command,do you want long haul short haul, night flights or what ?? I cannot read your mind!!

Frederic
7th Apr 2001, 16:22
Hey Gypsy, thanks for answering, but chill out man! You never have too many hours to learn from other people's experience. And there is nothing like a pathetic question, just a pathetic answer. I want to fly a modern airliner for a company that treats their pilots reosonably well and preferably day flying. That's it. But most of all I want to have fun. I know it's a bit abstract, but I'm just hoping to hear from other people about how they feel about their current airline...

Xenia
9th Apr 2001, 16:53
Dear Fred....
You are looking for a day well treated and fun job... + airline??
Don't know if AirCircus is operational yet :) :)
Sorry...just being sarcastic! ;)
There's a good and a bad part in each airline, and there's not such a thing as "a perfect airline" (as best of my knowledge)

------------------
*************************Happy Landings! :)