PDA

View Full Version : Which is your least favourite airport?

TE RANGI
4th Apr 2001, 22:26
Where on earth is your least favourite airport? i.e. Where is it that you despise flying into the most? It can be for whaterver reason, weather, surrounding terrain, runway(s) layout, ATC, delays, ground handling.. or any combination thereof.

Let me start: MAD. The reasons? They're obvious if you've been there.

DownIn3Green
4th Apr 2001, 23:03
Luanda, Angola, Kinsasha, Zaire and my personal favorite: D'Jimina (can't even spell it) in Chad.

All for obvivous reasons as well.

Te R: In regards to MAD, I may agree with you, but I'm based in AGP and I (until yesterday-see the mideast forum)felt my life was a Thomson's Holiday.

V1mcg
4th Apr 2001, 23:15
I think for me it has to be Samos, one of the greek Islands. If I were to go there I would take a ferry personally. And we all know there saftey record.

drop bags bar
4th Apr 2001, 23:17
Got to agree with MAD, you think it's bad in an airliner try getting diverted (Not our FP alternate)into there in a King Air!!!! Taxied for an hour and a half before they found us a parking spot.... took 3 days to get a slot to get out of there. For those of you who go in daily enjoy!

Also have to agree with Luanda etc. but at least you expect it in Luanda

V1mcg
5th Apr 2001, 00:13
At least in MAD it is a procedural failure,try taxying in CDG for the first time,oh what fun. Then you get to understand it,MAD is the same. Try getting into Samos in a fully laden 737-400 after a 3 hour flight.Short runway,high temp,90 degree turn onto final at 300ft. Just add to that the high terrain. Shivers up my spine!!!!!!!!!!