PDA

View Full Version : Military covenant to be made law

Spurlash2
13th May 2011, 22:10
Telegraph article HERE (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/8513476/Military-covenant-to-be-made-law.html).

Kreuger flap
13th May 2011, 22:38
Some councils, including Barnet in north London, have already changed rules to give former service personnel special status on housing lists. Provided you are a black female one legged lesbian (Only had the kids to get the big house in case you were wondering) muslim veil wearing Somali with twelve kids all here illegally, but you should stand a strong chance of getting a £2 million pound house paid for by the hard working tax payers to accommodate all of your brats.
Oh and whilst were at it we are still going to phuck you over on your Pension and only increase it in line with CPI, just to add a bit of icing on the cake.

But thanks for serving your country.

Heathrow Harry
16th May 2011, 13:23
of course it'll be law - but very carefully crafted so you won't be able to sue for any benifits

advocatusDIABOLI
16th May 2011, 21:15
Is it Just Me?,

or does this look like a bit of positive 'Spin' to counter the 'More Defence Cuts' headlines, which are inevitable out of the usual annual spending round?

Advo

Tashengurt
17th May 2011, 00:36
I see there's to be a veterans card with discounts! Nandos anyone?

Heathrow Harry
17th May 2011, 12:48
its so you can hang it round your neck when begging in Leicester Square

"Govt Approved Beggar - please give"

November4
17th May 2011, 14:25
It'll be written in such a way that they are pretty meaniless. Like the "you will be able get priority medical treatment for injuries due to service reasons"....that is when compared to a person who is in exactly the same medical situation as you but they have not been in the forces. Then you will jump that 1 person on the list.

Dan Gerous
17th May 2011, 19:27
Had to laugh at CMD when he was on the box the other night. He mentioned that he had talked about this when he visited the Ark last year. Months later...

Geehovah
18th May 2011, 18:57
I see there's to be a veterans card with discounts! Nandos anyone?

When you're not welcome in the Mess any more, you have to take refuge somewhere!

racedo
18th May 2011, 19:36
PR Spin and what is sad is that people are believing it.

Dovegrey
19th May 2011, 16:25
I suspect this law will not be worth the paper it is written on. From what I can see from the crap that today's Service personnel and, worse still, their families have to put up with means that very shortly, the only people capable of having a career in the Forces will be singlies, those without children or those with private means. In other words, people who do not have to be housed, people who do not have children to be educated and people who have sufficient private income to not care, thus rendering the legislation pointless.