PDA

View Full Version : Psychometric tests. A little confused

z.khalid
12th May 2011, 20:17
What kind of psychometric tests do airlines generally make you do?

I've read somewhere that with QR it's a long list of questions where they just want to see what your personality is like.

On the other hand i've read some airlines give you a psychometric tests that's pretty much an IQ test.
Where you have shapes, patterns, etc, and use logic to solve.
I don't understand how this kind of psychometric test will evaluate anything useful to the airline.

Any feedback guys?
Thank you

waren9
13th May 2011, 01:25
Depends on the airline.

The tests with 200-odd multi choice questions about personality and preferences are basically the same few questions re-worded several times. They are looking for consistency in answers for the same question, and possibly for a personality type.

There is no trick to passing. Tell the truth, be consistent and dont try to give the answers you think they want.

If you are a stable individual you'll get through.

MosEisley
13th May 2011, 04:28
"psychometric tests. A little confused"

That's pretty funny right there.

crewmeal
13th May 2011, 05:44
Question 1

Dog is to puppy, cat is to
a) lion, b)don't know, c)kitten

One question from a BA test many moons ago. Another one is where there is a list of qualities and on the first side it asks how you see yourself, then the back of the page, it's the same qualities, but asks how people see you.

111boy
13th May 2011, 11:54
Is It "b"....? Often wonder why I never got into BA...
One liar, a real walter mitty, from our company recently got into Emirates, despite 600 odd psychometric questions. These tests are a bit of a laugh really.

Chocks Away
13th May 2011, 12:38
Z.K - most are based off this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator) "brand".

First, the "Personality Type" tests (above):
You can't study for them.
You can't outsmart the questions.
Just answer them quickly and honestly and your "type" will be shown.
Hopefully you know your type already, as it's a huge part of CRM.
Airlines search for a certain "type"/mentality, while defence forces search for a different "type". It's used in many other professional jobs. It's all about personality and what make you tick. You are what you are and if you try and outsmart or lie it is easily recognised.
2 guys I work with have just been assessed with one of these elsewhere... they tried to think too much about what the airline wanted in them... guess what? they failed.

"Aptitude" tests (the shapes you mention) test your spacial & mechanical reasoning. They are a small part of the whole Psychometric tests, which all together, attempt to objectively measure aspects of your mental ability and your personality.

It sounds like you have along way to go, if not understanding any of this standard testing, while a quick google search and abit of reading is easy to do too. Good luck in your study.

sheikmyarse
13th May 2011, 14:17
Seen the average population flying for EK and especially the outstanding number of morons in its mismanagement it appears to be that the goal is actually to identify intelligent individual with a healthy sense of criticism.. and keep them out like a pest. On the results I'm not sure since by defintion these are unexact sciences that just in a a paranoid environment like EK are taken in such a consideration I believe any ormally intelligent person can outsmart the system by very simply playing stupid..that is what I did. I suggest you to make some mistakes on the logical portion not to pass the preset level that is pretty low. Well..to fly for EK you don't really need to be Einstein don't you. Actually a slightly higher result might put you in trouble.
This organization has no capability, due to the complete lack of any form of culture, to judge people by normal means and unlike other outifits where this test are just supportive, they are taken in the outmost consideration.
They are trying to profile you to see how obedient and loyal you are. Basically for them you are just like a dog .Try a couple of whoof whoof and some licking during the interview..but do not piss on the plastic plant!!!

z.khalid
13th May 2011, 19:43
Thanks for the help all!
Much appreciated.

Landflap
14th May 2011, 09:24
Well, the shrink showed me a picture with lots of squigles and said "what do you see?"..................."Tits", I said. "Ok", second picture, lots of squigles again, "What do you see here ?"............" Oooooooh ", said I, "My fave, three in a bed, club sandwich, I call it, two chicks, me in the middle". " Mmmmmmm" said the Shrink, "Ok, finally, what do you see here, then ?"................" GOSH !" Said, I......" Full blown, no holds barred, Orgey !!!!" " You know", he said, " YOU are obsessed with sex !" .............."Whaaat", said I, " Me ? Whatabout YOU, showing me all these dirty pictures !"

40&80
15th May 2011, 16:35
Everytime a winner!

Pony Poo
15th May 2011, 21:29
I have a long chat with my neighbour's dog before I attempt any Pscyhe test..

Complete Pony Poo