PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Aptitude Tests

genius-747
2nd Apr 2001, 19:47
Hello I am wondering if anybody could help me (pilot or not).
Like many people here I am an aspiring pilot, and I intend to sit the aptitude tests for airline cadeteship schemes.
The one I intend to sit is the one for Aer Lingus. However I do not know when they are holding them yet. I need a guide line as to what the tests exist of (in detail) I have read the article in "wanabees" on this site, it was a help however I need examples.

If anybody has past exam papers, good hints or ideas or simply any information regarding the different exams and selection process I would love to hear what you have to say.

Finally, if anybody here has actually done the Aer Lingus aptitude tests, a story / account of the day from you would be very helpful.

thank you.

(18 year old spl training for ppl)

schooner
3rd Apr 2001, 15:15
try looking in the wannabees archive at the bottom of the page....all is revealed.

cheers

Tiger_ Moth
7th Apr 2001, 02:00
Im sort of in the same position as you and although I dont know anthing specific, I`ve been told that these tests consist at the first stage of loads and loads of algebra/mathematical problems which have to be solved quickly. If you pass this you then go onto other stages including interviews...
These initial tests might not have all that much to do with being suited too flying, but they are designed to whittle down the extremely large numbers of applicants to a small percentage for interviews.

Silkman
7th Apr 2001, 02:35
genius 747
Try and get a copy of 'Career,Aptitude & selection tests' by Jim Barrett, published by Kogan Page.Although not aviation related there are hundreds of examples of what comes next,which is the odd one out and the usual 'no relevance to anything' type questions.Also check out WWW'sbig BA CEP posting from way back 11 Feb 99.Very informative.