PDA

View Full Version : Instructors Rating

tleilaxu
12th May 2011, 07:17
Guys,I `m a foreign student who has just completed CPL in Aussie.Would be interested to get an Instructors Rating.Any recommendations on school who will hire me after completing the course with them?Any chance at all gaining employment as an Instructor ?Thanks!

Xcel
12th May 2011, 08:23
Talk is cheap... Just make sure it's in writing!!

swh
12th May 2011, 11:10
Any chance at all gaining employment as an Instructor ?Thanks!

I would say very low unless you have the right to work in Australia.

MikeTangoEcho
12th May 2011, 11:57
Of course there's a chance. Just approach that chance with the right timing. Do it. Ask the school where you did your comm.

tleilaxu
12th May 2011, 12:02
mike,unfortunately the school that i didmy training with arent hiring at the moment.

MikeTangoEcho
12th May 2011, 12:05
Probably a good thing, because you haven't done your rating yet. Will you do your instructor course there or do they not offer one? Where in Oz are you?

tleilaxu
12th May 2011, 12:17
i`ll get my instructors rating done with any school if theres a possibilty tht the company will hire me upon completion.:)any chance at all?

training wheels
12th May 2011, 12:52
i`ll get my instructors rating done with any school if theres a possibilty tht the company will hire me upon completion.:)any chance at all?

As SWH said above, they can't hire you if you don't have the right to work in Australia.....

tleilaxu
12th May 2011, 13:14
training wheels,they can always sponsor me a working visa.Cynical pilot,you`re right,if they were to sponsor me they`ll have to pay a slightly hire salary compared to locals.

training wheels
12th May 2011, 14:59
training wheels,they can always sponsor me a working visa.Cynical pilot,you`re right,if they were to sponsor me they`ll have to pay a slightly hire salary compared to locals.

hahaha ... good luck to you then, mate .. and I'm sure they'll even provide you with a house and car with your expat package ... :E

mrclumsy
12th May 2011, 15:35
it's not slightly higher..... An local Aus grade 3 gets around 35-36k and to be sponsored on a 457 visa u need to get paid around 48400k or there abouts. Is It possible ? Yes! It's hard but yes cause I be been there and done that and knw a few others who did as well. And training wheel I laughed reading ur comment cause that's what I got with my job n house n a broken down excel with my pay for 50 bucks a week.... Wasn't a bad deal at all

training wheels
12th May 2011, 16:54
it's not slightly higher..... An local Aus grade 3 gets around 35-36k and to be sponsored on a 457 visa u need to get paid around 48400k or there abouts. Is It possible ? Yes! It's hard but yes cause I be been there and done that and knw a few others who did as well. And training wheel I laughed reading ur comment cause that's what I got with my job n house n a broken down excel with my pay for 50 bucks a week.... Wasn't a bad deal at all

So, MrClumsy, which school offered you a job as an instructor, a work permit to work in Australia as well as car and house after completing your instructing rating course with them?

mrclumsy
13th May 2011, 04:53
I have sent a PM

jibba_jabba
13th May 2011, 07:50
yeah, where you do your instructor rating is key.
If its a busy school, chances are you will get put on as a casual g3. More chance to get a job where you do it because they know you and your attitude/skill etc etc.

Its worth doing, but dont expect a job by being a lazy bare minimum effort person. put some effort into it. I loved instructing but it does do your head in after a few years especially if you dont get into twin or ifr stuff.

really make an effort to think about how you can link the subject matter to the students given there age/education/experience level in a manner that is normal and easy to grasp! :-) good luck

Leftseat1
14th May 2011, 00:40
Hi there tleilaxu, yes you can complete a Instructor rating in Aus and under current DIAC provisions hold a visa which permits you to "work" in any field following strict criteria.
Send me a contact or PM me and I will give you the facts. I have been dealing with Foriegn students and our immigration department for some time and the process is available.
I can also direct you to a reputable school, again who has considerable experience dealing in this area and tend to know what they are talking about.:ok:

tleilaxu
14th May 2011, 04:18
leftseat,sent you a pm..awaiting your response.thanks