PDA

View Full Version : Etihad pilot roadshow 2011

mo320777
11th May 2011, 15:58
I JUST WANT TO GET AN IDEA ABOUT ETIHAD RDSHOW ?? WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT ??? IS IT FOR dropping CV's and interviews ?? should u be invited from the company first to be able to attend ? do u think there will be any chances for initials ?? do u think it worth to travel from ur home country to another country to attend the roadshow ?

i would really appreciate if i can get some advice

thanks

mo320777
11th May 2011, 17:10
thanks for the reply , but from what i got from ur words that there might be a chance for initials like me ?

plus i want to add something i am just trying to picture the roadshow ? there will be any interviews or u just drop ur cv or what exactly ?

and about the contract i really dont care that much man i just want to put myself in a jet and start my career !

CanadaRocks
11th May 2011, 17:31
This is what's wrong with our industry, "I just don't care that much". :mad:

mo320777
11th May 2011, 17:44
CANADA ROCK ! u got me wrong man what i mean is that if the salary is kinda low or there is better salaries somewhere else .. well in the beginninng of ur career u cant ask for much man !! i only have 200 hrs! so if the contract is kinda the lowest compared to other places i cant complain ..i can complain when i have experience !
but for now i want to get myself started and am sure etihad wont be that bad for an initial !

mo320777
11th May 2011, 17:45
beginning **

saviboy
11th May 2011, 17:51
Mo,
If you want to get an interview with Etihad you need (unless they changed it recently) 1500 total, 1000 multi crew jet/glass, and a ATPL.
From what you wrote, it seems to me that you might have less that.

Sheikh al Arse
11th May 2011, 20:17
CANADA ROCKS, you hit the nail on the head my Canuck friend. Unfortuntely it doesn't change even when they join the industry to the highest rank(TRE/TRI). I know so many who have gone in to work on their days off and volunteer to help the company and for what....2%???? It all came back and punched them deadset in the f*ckin face when they realised they were been played as chumps. Now listen and see who is complaining, all those deadbeats who worked on days off and thought of been company man. You all should be team men, work together to achieve one common goal, if we all this did this the company will be left with no choice. But hey, management know there will always be someone willing lick the proverbial and hence they play on it.

MO, funny you say "once you are experience you can complain", which means to get that experience you would fly for minimum wage, work on days off and the lists goes on. Well my friend I have good news for you, if EY drops their minimums you would be the 1st guy on their recruitment list.

Gents if the EK 3 months bonus didn't rub salt into the wounds and make you take a stand and say "enough is enough" then you all deserve what you get.:D
Why don't we all unite and show JH(shortman syndrome) and his clowns the road out of here. Summer is here and the best thing you can do is "just say no" even better yet "don't answer the phone", park a few planes and see if thats worth 2% of their bonus....:ugh:

Aymane
11th May 2011, 20:25
Im getting really really really confused about this whole Etihad requirements....because qatar is taking anybody that they can...and if etihad needs pilots why are they not taking anyone at all...atleast if they have a type rating it should be good enough...who has 1000 in jet aircraft hours these days....so impossible maybe they should start thinking about that before they ground airplanes

mideastflyer
11th May 2011, 20:59
A friend attended one of these road shows in march. They are very informative about Etihad and Abu Dhabi. They are not interviews but you can submit your paperwork but you still need to apply online. As the applications are all done online all you need to do is let them know you want an interview and they will follow up and give priority to those who attend than people who just apply. My friend enjoyed it as it gave him lots of information and everyone there got to ask questions and clear some points they were not clear on. The information provided was pretty clear, up to date as when my friend spoke to me afterwards and asked me the same questions, the answers i gave him were the same. So thats the information i have. Hope it helps.