PDA

View Full Version : SID question

FRQ Charlie Bravo
10th May 2011, 13:30
YPPH 4 DEP (RADAR) - All Runways:

In the top right hand corner is a box titled "SPEED"

The numbers for Non-Jet BLW 34,000 KGS 140 - 150 KT and 170 - 180, is that a lower and an upper limit? ie must an aircraft be able to achieve 140 knots and 170 knots in a climb to comply?

I should hope not but I can't find the proof that that is not what the chart is depicting.

Thanks,

FRQ CB

waren9
10th May 2011, 13:43
Just looking at the Jepp chart, that is how I interpret it.

What do you fly that cant manage that?

If you get issued it, just inform ATC you cant comply with the speed reqmnt.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
10th May 2011, 14:06
Sure most machines will do it but I've not flown into Perth since training and I'm pretty sure that the Duchess I trained in didn't do 170 Kts in the climb (150 in the cruise more like it).

I'm sure that ATC wouldn't have an issue cancelling a "speed restriction" or something similar in order to keep an aircraft on a SID rather than another non-standard Dep.

Is this the general consensus?

Ta,

FRQ CB

waren9
10th May 2011, 14:26
I notice the other "non-jet" departures also have similar speed requirements.

Controllers have a fair idea of what each aircraft type can and can't do. And besides, come to think of it, I've not actually seen an a type on the ground at PER that would not able to comply.

I'm sure that ATC wouldn't have an issue cancelling a "speed restriction" or something similar in order to keep an aircraft on a SID rather than another non-standard Dep

You better believe it. ATC will give you all sorts of concessions if it gets the job done.:ok:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
10th May 2011, 14:41
I've not actually seen an a type on the ground at PER that would not able to comply.

Star Aviation Chieftain, AvWest C208, Ad Astral Duchesses and all the itinerant aircraft from places like Geraldton.

I'm thinking more along the academic lines than the practical as I can't imagine any controller I know opting to not issue a SID just because an aircraft can't climb at 170 KTS but yes, I must agree with your interpretation waren9.

Nighty night PPossums,

FRQ CB