PDA

View Full Version : I need a shell of a light aircraft for an art piece

RobinCollings
10th May 2011, 11:45
Hi

I run a stage at Glastonbury Festival and am looking for a small light aircraft shell to use as set piece…

Ideally it's be small as possible and totally trashed / pranged… and as light as possible as I'd like to hang it…

Any ideas?

Thanks

Robin Collings

Fournierf5
10th May 2011, 12:12
Oh gosh, what an original thought . . . been done before tho'. This was better . . .
Harrier jump jet is hung from Tate Britain's roof - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/7859021/Harrier-jump-jet-is-hung-from-Tate-Britains-roof.html)

. . . I don't think it's there anymore. Where is it?

treadigraph
10th May 2011, 12:18
Robin, Nalson Aviation in Caterham may be able to help - Paul Nalson breaks light aircraft for spares and has (or had) loads of fuselages, etc...
He occasionally supplies them to film companies for creating accident scenes.

Wander00
10th May 2011, 16:53
Used to be one outside the hangar at Old Sarum. Might still be there.

pulse1
10th May 2011, 17:08
There's one at Compton Abbas. Been there for years. Looks like it used to be a Cherokee. Quite convenient for you I would have thought.

stepwilk
10th May 2011, 21:07
"Oh gosh, what an original thought . . . been done before tho'. This was better"

That's a little snide, isn't it? And how do you know "this" was better? The man hasn't even done his piece yet. Perhaps it will turn out to be the finest piece of stagecraft ever to use an airplane, who knows.

After all, there really aren't that many "original thoughts" out there...nothing new under the sun and all that.

zarniwoop
11th May 2011, 11:42
You could try Air Salvage International, they have a number of locations around the country, they're probably best known for dismantling airliners but I'm sure I've seen light aircraft mentioned on their website.

jumpseater
11th May 2011, 22:33
You have a PM:ok:

N707ZS
13th May 2011, 13:35
I think there is a place at Fairoaks that deals with crashed light aircraft it might be worth a trip there.