PDA

View Full Version : A Bonanza for 75 Grand?

Sunfish
4th May 2011, 23:44
Bonanza, for $75 grand?

What is going on here?

Aircraft for Sale, Plane Sales, Planes for Sale - Aviation Advertiser (http://classifieds.aviationadvertiser.com.au/detail.php?id=1732)

propblast
4th May 2011, 23:50
What is going on here?

I agree. A tad overpriced. What does forkie reckon???:E

Blue Sky Baron
4th May 2011, 23:54
I think you'll find that it's a C33 Debonair, and if its the one I think it is, its a very nice aircraft.

Ultralights
5th May 2011, 01:09
i want to know how he gets his ULP at $1!

VH-XXX
5th May 2011, 01:41
Compressions good with good oil usage.

Choose to interpret that any way you like!

Jabawocky
5th May 2011, 02:39
I know this machine and the owners, and Mr Debonair Owner is a bad influence on young Jaba and Chuckles :ouch:.

I wonder what he is up to then.......... Must have his eye on something else.

Its a nice example of a Deb :ok:

rocket66
5th May 2011, 02:57
What's the TBO on an IO-470? I'd assume around 1500hrs in which case with 300hrs left on the prop you might be up for 75k again pretty soon??

Rocket

Metro man
5th May 2011, 02:59
Wait till you pay the running costs. :E

maverick22
5th May 2011, 03:33
The prop only has 370hrs, it says time since overhaul.

Jabawocky
5th May 2011, 03:42
Props OK, the engine is running down on hours but its running well.

The owner is a realistic man and knows the market is good for buying, and he is looking at other things, and is not a fool expecting really high money selling and buying rock bottom.

If somebody was after a nice Bo/Deb, and was happy to run past TBO and then repower, this would be a very good buy. Take it down to Riverina Airmotive for a rebuild and dyno........off you go!

J:ok:

rocket66
5th May 2011, 03:59
Sorry, your right maverick it is 307 since overhaul. My bad

rocket

Clearedtoreenter
5th May 2011, 10:29
Would have to be about 45 years old? (Why is it represented as a Bo if its a C33 - maybe an E33?) Lots of boat anchors in the panel. not exactly low or even medium time, not much engine time left... and been running on mogas??? Probably full of the dreaded worm, (is there a Deb/Bo around that isn't? -Chuck's excepted of course) but looks nice - asking $75K in the present market is about right but its going to be tough.

At least its getting a bit of free publicity here anyway.:=

Waghi Warrior
5th May 2011, 22:04
I think it's a E33 and the rejo could be VH-EOJ.

It's probley also a pre 70's model. Having said that it's a good buy.

If I bought it, I'd allow for another 100 grand, and fly the engine out and throw a IO 550 in it with a big paddle prop on the front. These thing's are the Rolls Royce of the GA fleet in my view.

From an engineering point of view, I'd also be looking closely at the log books and getting a good LAME to have a look at it before handing the bucks over.

It certainly won't be a jump in and fly away machine with nothing more to spend, it will cost money to keep the machine operating safely. However, one of these machines well maintained and equipped would be a perfect private aircraft.

What's a late model, low time second hand Bonanza worth these days in Oz at the moment, does anyone know ?

ForkTailedDrKiller
5th May 2011, 23:13
I think it's a E33

It is a Model 33 Debonair/Bonanza (BE33) but with an IO470 it is not an Bonanza E33.

Its a Deb.

Dr :8

Clearedtoreenter
6th May 2011, 09:08
What's a late model, low time second hand Bonanza worth these days in Oz at the moment, does anyone know ?

A lot less than it was a few years ago...

Try this one

2003 BEECHCRAFT A36 BONANZA Piston Single Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com (http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1177494)

Divide by $1.07 and its yours - let me know when you need to get it here!

Jabawocky
6th May 2011, 11:55
WRONG ..... Unless you plan on leaving it in the USA.

Otherwise divide by 1.07 or a bit less for currency conversion, add a bunch of costs for inspections ferrying and then getting it on the register here, and don't forget to add another 10% for GST. I doubt that would get here all done for under $300-310k unless you know something I don't

Jack Ranga
7th May 2011, 06:08
Having said that Jab, there's a couple of bizjets that are operating in Oz on November numbers rego's, they have been for a few years or so, so it's not a transition thing. I wouldn't do the research because I wouldn't do it this way but can you and what are the advantages of keeping an aircraft on its yank rego permanently in Oz?

dude65
8th May 2011, 03:06
One for the Dr.:ok:

Beechcraft Bonanza 35 / V35 aircraft for sale - PlaneSales (Australia) (http://www.planesales.com.au/product_details.php?listing_id=2891)

Jabawocky
8th May 2011, 10:32
DR will be beside himself with joy with that in his hangar:ooh:

GNS480 is a popular but becominng out of favour device though.

Mr Debonair
20th May 2011, 06:45
Jaba and Chuckles - I can recommend these guys as great company if you are considering a foray into the intergalactic.

The fact is that Gaba and Chuckles, led Mr Debonair astray, not the other way around. In fact Mr Debonair tried on several occasions to point out the error of their ways, and loose himself from their grasp, especially after Mrs Debonair withdrew immediate support for the mission.

Jabawocky
20th May 2011, 11:01
I think we must have lead you astray pretty well, as your recollection of facts is a little blurry still. :}

Chimbu chuckles
20th May 2011, 12:17
Mr Debonair speaks with fork ed tongue - he may own a VERY nice Deb but he's a very bad boy:E

I hadn't had a near death experience on the piss since my Talair days - then I met Mr Debonair:ok:

Arnold E
20th May 2011, 12:32
Let's face it, most Boners are not worth $65000, much lest $75000. Most maintenance organizations love them, coz we make a small fortune from Beech products, especially
Boners:p

Mr Debonair
23rd May 2011, 04:03
Chuckles, a bit melodramatic don't you think?
First bloke I have seen slide down the slippery slope into eternity without spilling a drop.

ozaggie
23rd May 2011, 07:01
Hey Mr Deb, that thing still yours? Keen to have a look later this week.
OA

Mr Debonair
23rd May 2011, 09:21
Yes its still mine
I will pm you with the details
[email protected]

Jabawocky
23rd May 2011, 11:40
First bloke I have seen slide down the slippery slope into eternity without spilling a drop.

Say that again...........if only we had the video to post on youtube.

Was it a loop or a roll? :E

Dont worry Chuckles....I will seek revenge on the bad man in 6 weeks or so.... :}

Mr Debonair
24th May 2011, 03:42
Full stall, 1 and 1/2 spin recovery, landed inverted, minimal damage with not a drop of fuel spilt. Clearly an incident and not an accident.