PDA

View Full Version : Lest we Forget

The late XV105
3rd May 2011, 22:08
A search on the URL revealed no hits so I hope I am not duplicating a post.

BBMF departure for royal wedding flypast and arrival back at RAF Coningsby. Beautifully edited and scored; crank up the volume! Just wonderful.

BBMF RAF Coningsby. on Vimeo

RookiePilot
3rd May 2011, 23:33
What's the piece at the very start? It's something by Elgar, isn't it? Last night of the proms kind of music...?

Landroger
3rd May 2011, 23:41
"The Right of Spring" comes to mind - Elgar.

Roger.

PEI_3721
4th May 2011, 01:36
Holst – The Planets. ‘Jupiter’ The bringer of jollity.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
4th May 2011, 04:41
Many happy memories - thanks for the post. When I arrived on the F3 OCU staff I had the cheek to apply to BBMF. They laughed. It was pointed out that I was several stripes short of a chance of spits, but they let me co-pilot the Devon, which was nice.

My first hour as Station Flight Safety Officer I got a signal to re-open a Hurricane crash BOI. Walking over to BBMF with the previous SFSO I heard the distinctive "whumpf" of an F3 reheat flameout on climb out. Followed about 5 seconds later by another "whumpf". Followed 5 seconds later by the State 1 Crash siren.
I hadn't even done the SFSO course yet! Thinks I, "this is either the most well organised wind-up in history, or God hates me"

Postscript was the F3 pilot got one relit, and I learnt a lot about Merlin engine failures. God, apparently, just likes winding me up.