PDA

View Full Version : ATPL flight planning form

B747ERNG
3rd May 2011, 03:41
Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding the flight planning exam. I'm using the AFT's note, in the package they gave me about 50 copies of flight planning forms and I was wondering if I am allowed to bring these forms into the actual CASA cyber exam?

cheers:ok:

WannaBeBiggles
3rd May 2011, 04:08
You will get given those in the exam, though I was allowed to use the AFT ones because the quality of the ones in the exam were sh!te!

Hasselhof
3rd May 2011, 05:34
They aren't on the list of permitted materials, though your exam supervisor might be obliging. That said the flight plan form is just a bunch of boxes with labels at the top, doesn't matter really if the CASA ones are crap.

belly tank
3rd May 2011, 09:31
I sat in Feb this year and I was allowed to use AFT
forms. Casa only provides a couple and the boxes are really small
Also I used 6-7 sheets of my own which came in handy.
Passed first up so it was a good feeling!

mugzy
4th May 2011, 09:30
The FP forms provided by CASA seem to have thicker lines which makes the boxes feel more cramped.

You may end up using all of your 50 FP forms for practise questions and revision. By the time I was finished with the subject I probably did over 100 flight plans. Take some photo copies of the remaining sheets before you run out.

Good luck.

NIK320
4th May 2011, 22:39
I used the CASA ones.

Most questions weren't that extensive so I could fit 2 or 3 per page.
If you run out you can ask for another booklet anyway.

I didn't use AFT but had the same thing. several dozen forms which where mostly used in the practice exams.
I think the real one was easy compared to the practice ones

rocket66
18th May 2011, 21:30
How did you guys find the exam? Rumour fly around saying it's very difficult which is why I'm taking time off to be able to study full time to knock I over but others say it wasn't too difficult just time consuming.

Just flicking through the book it seems the best preparation is Nav and Performance etc both of which I've done recently.

Rocket