PDA

View Full Version : Qatar airways business restricted - delays?

Cymmon
2nd May 2011, 21:41
Can anyone please let me know what happens if I book a restricted business class flight with Qatar and for some reason I miss the connecting flight in Doha?

I am looking at Man-Doh-Mnl , but the change can be very short.

Thanks in advance.

davidjohnson6
2nd May 2011, 23:34
Cymmon - I presume from the wording you are concerned about the flight into DOH arriving late and you're missing the onward connection as opposed to deliberately missing the flight in Doha to Manila. It basically comes down to 2 things:
1 - did you book MAN-DOH-MNL as a single ticket, or are there 2 separate tickets for MAN-DOH and DOH-MNL.If it's separate tickets then the airline can say 'tough luck'
2 - if the delay on the 1st leg was the airline's fault, then it's up to the airline to fix it - e.g. put you on the next flight. If it was your fault ot you check in late at MAN, then it's your problem

TFlyguy
3rd May 2011, 06:26
I travelled in Feb with QR LGW-DOH-BKK with 1hr5 mins transit in DOH.

I too was worried about the short conection time but had time in the Premium Treminal for a quick shop and 2 drinks!

Cymmon
4th May 2011, 21:28
Thank you for the replies. Yes, I was looking at the possibility of a delay to one flight.
That settles my nerves a little....

Dubaian
9th May 2011, 07:34
Just for general info, all movements to and from aircraft in Doha are by bus - there are no sky bridges. On arrival, the bus usually goes first to the Transit terminal (yellow boarding cards if you're on QR) and then on to the new completely separate Arrivals Terminal (blue BCs) which is some distance away. Shouldn't add a lot of time to a transfer via QR, if you disembark at the correct place. (Might even be quicker than the route marches you have to undergo in some airports these days.)