PDA

View Full Version : Osama - The 'Fallout'..??

Ex FSO GRIFFO
2nd May 2011, 04:30
Now that Osama has 'gone to his god', will the 'good ole Aussie reaction' change the way anything is done at Aussie airports I wonder..??

This could be 'morebetterish' or 'not so betterish' depending on the point of view taken..??

Cheers:ok:

glekichi
2nd May 2011, 04:43
Wasn't it only a couple of weeks ago there were claims in the media (wikileaks maybe?) that terrorists have nuclear weapons stockpiled for the use in Europe if he was ever caught or killed?

mcgrath50
2nd May 2011, 04:50
If anything it will make security worse... sorry strengthen security to protect us! Thanks government!

gutso-blundo
2nd May 2011, 05:04
It won't make a shred of difference. It may in fact make things worse in the short term until his followers get over his martyrdom.

Fact is, AQ is a cell organisation. Bin Laden as a 'leader' is perhaps an over simplification of how the whole thing works. He may be the figure-head (and don't the Americans just love a nice, easy to recognise enemy figure), but to imply he has anything to do with the current AQ MO is just plain wrong.
Each cell has its own MO, own organisational structure and own people working independently towards the shared ideal. That's why the US has such great trouble finding the buggers - they have no intel links to lead the US to the next group!
So besides all the grandstanding that is sure to come (from both sides) I see very little changing in a practical sense.

I could be way off the mark however - here's hoping its for the better... :bored:

mustman
2nd May 2011, 05:07
No Bin Laden = No ASIC

Why do we need one anymore?? :E

Frank Arouet
2nd May 2011, 05:23
They killed Colonel Coleslaw. The Franchise still trades.

VH-XXX
2nd May 2011, 05:43
The killing and bombing and death of US soldiers will continue.

The dollar and sharemarket will be affected slightly.

Petrol prices will be temporarily affected.

The war will go on...

Seabreeze
2nd May 2011, 07:50
If you read the book Blackhawk Down, and then read a little wider on the history following that event, then you will see that removal of an individual warlord has very little (if any) effect on anything, as he is replaced willingly by sons, cousins, nephews, lieutenants etc. almost within the hour.

Pan Am103 bit the dust well before Bin Laden, so the genie was already out of the bottle, and there is no going back. The world is left with an expensive and ongoing security nightmare: 'tis the way it was and the way it is....

Now off home to put on the beer goggles to improve the look of things in my own world.

Seabreeze

Wally Mk2
2nd May 2011, 08:12
Sadly this proves nothing. 'Bin' was at the end of the day just a figurehead of a fanatical way of life.
I fear now that all we have done is awoken the sleeping giant within his clan, the real specta of terrorism is fear!!!.

What's the biggest motive FOR killing??? REVENGE! That coupled with fear is a a deadly combination.

This is just the beginning I feel. I certainly wouldn't be traveling anywhere OS near the masses.
We indeed live in a beautiful world but it's a frightened one for ever & a day sadly.

Wmk2

Tidbinbilla
2nd May 2011, 08:28
It's the old hydra analogy.

They've only cut one of its heads off.

A step in the right direction, nonetheless.:ok:

TID

3 Holer
2nd May 2011, 09:19
Agreed .........good riddance to bad rubbish!:ok:

gobbledock
2nd May 2011, 09:58
CASA killed regulatory reform 23 years ago and yet CASA still exists !!

Shed Dog Tosser
2nd May 2011, 10:16
A dead man can not offer a defence in an international court of law.

I wonder what actual evidence could have been offered.

Laugh if you like, but where are all those WMDs ?.

Whiskery
2nd May 2011, 10:33
This is almost as good as a Collingwood Premiership!

May the sharks enjoy dinner tonight as I toast the seals that brought that mongrel to meet his maker!

remoak
2nd May 2011, 11:13
May the sharks enjoy dinner tonight as I toast the seals that brought that mongrel to meet his maker!

Lol how many animal metaphors can you cram into one sentence...

Seriously though... the sooner everyone gets that Islam has at it's core the idea that anyone who is not a Muslim must be killed (cf Surah 6), the sooner we can get serious about addressing the problem. Islam breeds extremists and fanatics as no other religion does.

There will probably be a backlash, if only from young hotheads eager to please Allah and get to meet their 99 virgins.

Obama might have said that America is not at war with Islam, but I am sure that in his heart of hearts, he knows that isn't true...

mcgrath50
2nd May 2011, 11:27
Seriously though... the sooner everyone gets that Islam has at it's core the idea that anyone who is not a Muslim must be killed (cf Surah 6), the sooner we can get serious about addressing the problem. Islam breeds extremists and fanatics as no other religion does.

Ever been to Ireland mate? Middle America? Parts of Eastern Europe? South East Asia? Russia?

Yeah it's just Islam that breeds fundamentalists. It's human nature, not religion or ideology.

T28D
2nd May 2011, 11:32
cooler heads think !!! Osama was but one man, perverted , but only one

We face the whole Muslim system, not just the political system which is in dissarray, but the whole 9 yards.

A fundamental truth is that Christans and Muslims cannot co - incide in time.

Peace in a military sense is a long way off if not impossible.

Osama has many replacements.

Flogged Horse
2nd May 2011, 11:40
Wrong war Shed Dog Tosser. That was Gulf War 2. War on terror (IE AFG) was always about (in a general sense anyway) targeting AQ and Bin Laden. Hats off to all those involved.

FH

TBM-Legend
2nd May 2011, 12:01
biggest punishment for OSB - he's just found-out that the Virgins of Paradise have all gone into hiding!:{:{:{

YPJT
2nd May 2011, 12:03
Gotta love the TWU (http://www.news.com.au/world/aviation-security-a-concern-twu/story-fn8ljm6z-1226048689568), not letting a chance to slip by. :E

remoak
2nd May 2011, 13:39
Ever been to Ireland mate?

As it happens, yes. Three years there.

Republican bombers are not motivated by religion, that's just the excuse. It's a political struggle and always has been. If you knew anything at all about the place, you would know that.

Middle America? Hardly. Lots of white, middle-class suicide bombers there, are there?

The other countries you mention, the motivation is ethnic, not religious.

No, Islam is the only religion that actively encourages it's followers to become martyrs while killing as many of those who are not of the same faith as possible. It is the only religion that has an explicit instruction in it's holy books to kill non-believers ("fight and slay the pagans (or infidels or unbelievers) wherever you find them" -Surah 9:5).

It's a big subject, certainly most Muslims are moderate and have no interest in killing anyone, however the faith provides a mechanism whereby extremists can justify their actions directly from their scriptures. No other religion does that. That is why it is so dangerous.

das Uber Soldat
2nd May 2011, 14:51
I'm in agreement with Remoak.

http://members.aye.net/~gharris/blog/frozen_hell.jpg

3 Holer
2nd May 2011, 21:16
I heard that Elton John sang at his memorial.

The song was "Sandles in The Bin"

Tempo
2nd May 2011, 21:25
the sooner everyone gets that Islam has at it's core the idea that anyone who is not a Muslim must be killed (cf Surah 6), the sooner we can get serious about addressing the problem. Islam breeds extremists and fanatics as no other religion does.

Oh dear........

You have no idea what you are talking about.

peuce
3rd May 2011, 01:03
Since we are all experts today, here's my opinion ...

We've now made OBL a martyr and a new leader will hop into his shoes immediately, with an enhanced mandate to kick some western butt.

We could pick him off too ... but, then the cycle would just continue ad infinitum ...

OR, we could learn from organisations like CASA, ASA and the RAA ... and encourage in-fighting, instability and ineptitude. With the eventual aim of AQ gradually imploding.

Haven't the Yanks shown themselves to be good at manipulating foreign powers from within? I'm sure they could covertly and successfully support an inept usurper within the AQ ranks.

Shouldn't their efforts be better spent where they are more likely to succeed at "curing the problem" .. not just some of the symptoms.

Just workshoping out loud ....

Mr. Hat
3rd May 2011, 03:04
My opinion is a pessimistic one (surprise surprise..sorry). I see a new head of AQ coming to power and looking to demonstrate in a convincing fashion that killing BL was a "no no" and has now strengthened resentment toward the west.

Bang. Something like that. It will happen sometime this year I'm certain of it. 2011 is proving to be problem after problem lets fast forward to 2012.

mcgrath50
3rd May 2011, 04:13
Republican bombers are not motivated by religion, that's just the excuse. It's a political struggle and always has been. If you knew anything at all about the place, you would know that.

Islamic fundamentalists are just using Islam as an excuse to. All the religions that spawned out of that region (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) all have some pretty wacky stuff in their that most of the religious people tend to ignore.

It's not the system of beliefs per se it's how it's used. Similar to communism. The original teachings of Marx are beautiful, utopian ideals, but when applied under the soviet system did the opposite of what the intent was.

TBM-Legend
3rd May 2011, 04:18
Riding the world of a prick who lives in a 'mansion' while sending others out to martyr themselves killing innocents is a must and shows the resolve of the US to close the case. It is not revenge but rather the end of an FBI case into a mass murderer.

Geoffrey Dahmer got it as well...

Neither of these events necessarily rid the earth of these scumbags but it hopefully might deter some others as we will get you no matter how long it takes or wherever you hide.

Bravo Zulu to all concerned....:ok:

aussie027
3rd May 2011, 04:25
The death of Osama is a victory and should be celebrated throughout the Western world, as it is being in many places.

The world will not suddenly change overnight nor the war on terror end. That will never happen,the war on terror is now a permanent condition of the world, only the intensity of activities will fluctuate over time.

For those who have been brainwashed into thinking Islam is fundamentally a religion of peace the links below may be worth a read .

They have already invaded England and continental Europe.
the US and Australia are already under threat from this insidious "Islamization " process. They are already violently protesting and demanding that Sharia law be made equal or supplant the native laws of many countries.

People and esp the media need to stop the " PC" insanity ,madness and wake up before its too late. In some parts of Europe it already is.
Entire large areas of major cities, like Paris, Lyon in France have become Islamic enclaves and no go areas for other citizens, police, emerg services etc.
The news stories are all over the net , have a look. I found these links in less than 2 min. There are hundreds of references,sites to be found.
Hundreds of news stories that never make it onto the lamestream media can be found on youtube. Some are simply terrifying in there content and would shock western populations if they got widespread,worldwide coverage showing the truth about the "Islamization" process..

TheReligionofPeace - Myths of Islam (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Myths-of-Islam.htm#jihad)

TheReligionofPeace - The Top 10 Reasons Why Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace (http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Top-10-Reasons.htm)

Is Islam a Religion of Peace? The Two Faces of Islam (http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/two_faces.htm)