PDA

View Full Version : Kingair opportunities?

Desert Strip Basher
1st May 2011, 11:48
Overseas at present. What opportunities are there in Oz with a Kingair rating, 500hrs on type and 750TT?

T28D
1st May 2011, 12:39
Basher = zip

PLovett
1st May 2011, 13:23
DSB - your TT will be regarded as far too low especially if your time on type is multi-crew.

Australian operators require at least 2 moon landing and 5 shuttle flights before you will be allowed loose on a Cessna 210. :ugh:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
1st May 2011, 14:06
PLovet I definitely agree that sometimes the RQs of some operators are too high here... but a BE200 is a lot of aeroplane for a 250 hour pilot.

Definitely some co-pilot time here, maybe the 750 TT isn't actually TT but has been reduced by 50% (i.e. maybe this guy's really got about 1250; 1,000 or so of which is co-pilot. Probably not but just a stab in the dark... and I'm not about to waste my time looking up this guys last 48 posts.

Command time is invaluable experience really. (Not the ONLY way but still invaluable.)

FRQ CB

PS Thank god I don't have a MCPL!

Desert Strip Basher
1st May 2011, 19:26
Thanks. Any useful advice out there?

Waghi Warrior
1st May 2011, 22:31
I don't think you will get much advise here, apart from go and get some command time. Once you get a few hundred hours command the doors will open up. There are jobs going around for low time SE VFR pilots in Australia at the moment, but you gotta be prepared to live in the bush. AFAP website is a good starting place to do a search, if not you can spend days trolling this site.

Good luck.

neville_nobody
1st May 2011, 23:27
As said above your Total time is way to low to fly a King Air in Australia. The problem you will have is that mining companies are not going to give you a insurance wavier and the RFDS and other charter operater's minimums are way to high for what you have.

Get 1000 hours command B200 might get you somewhere. Personally I'd be trying to get a jet job overseas then come back as that would be much easier than in Austrlia.

The Green Goblin
2nd May 2011, 01:26
If your total time was closer to 3000 hours or at least 2000 and you had those sorts of numbers, you wouldn't have a problem getting work with someone like Pelair right now.

With 750 hours you'll be struggling to get a job on a Baron, hell if thats copilot time you'll be struggling to get a job on a C210.

Wally Mk2
2nd May 2011, 08:53
Okay as all have said here you can discount any Beech time with those hours but seeing as you have 500 hrs on a turbine machine you might get some work flying SE turbine stuff so aim to look into that arena first, am sure some here could offer advice long those lines who are in the know.
At 250 hrs here in Oz in my day(100 yrs ago!) you'd be lucky to fly a C172 on scenics so use yr experience & impress the hell out of those that are likely to give you a job, SE VFR charter or at best light twin IFR charter & get a few more TT hrs & you could do well quicker than most with 750 hrs.

Wmk2