PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Systems exam

boarder303
1st May 2011, 07:38
Hey,
Going to be sitting my systems exam soon, does anyone have any good tips or know of anywhere i can get some good practice questions??

Any help would be great

Thanks

The Kelpie
1st May 2011, 08:37
Nathan Higgins (AFT) Practice Questions and Cyber Exams are all you need!!!

Good Luck

The Kelpie

Damien1989
1st May 2011, 10:46
^^^ Can't purchase the cyber exams separately unfortunately. You have to buy the whole course from them now.

cavok123
1st May 2011, 11:49
So if one has purchased the course, can you get more credits? When you buy a new subject set of notes can you buy more credits?

mugzy
1st May 2011, 12:13
When I did Nathan's course his exam strategy for Systems was...

* Don't spend too much time on each question if you get stuck.
* If you don't know the answer, choose the one that jumps at you the most then go on to the next question.
* Don't go back and change any of your answers unless you have a good reason and you're sure you made a mistake ( ie.. don't second guess yourself ).

It is one of those exams where you either know the answer or you don’t as there isn't anything to calculate. Nathan said that this strategy increased the pass rate for Systems in his classes. It definately worked for me.

It should take you under an hour to get through the exam. 50 questions. It's a mix bag. I had lots of aerody questions.

Good luck.

WannaBeBiggles
1st May 2011, 22:43
I recently did the systems exam and got a lot of questions on aerody, with a lot around best TAS Drag ratio, Vx and Vy related questions.

Also a lot around hydraulic and air con / pressurization plus electrical.

This is not an exam where you can rote learn questions and answers, if you do that you run a good chance of failing the exam.

Know the material and various components and their function within each system.

The exams are quite in-depth and will test your knowledge.

i.e.
Where will you find the hottest and coldest air in an air cycle machine?
What component is used in the landing gear system to prevent cavitation and knocking?

Damien1989
1st May 2011, 23:33
So if one has purchased the course, can you get more credits? When you buy a new subject set of notes can you buy more credits?

Yep and yep.

boarder303
2nd May 2011, 09:44
Thanks for the tips.
I've been studying with Rob Avery's notes and I've done most of his practice exams, how similar are they to the actual exam?

WannaBeBiggles
2nd May 2011, 22:23
I used Robs notes in conjunction with the AFT notes. Rob goes in to a LOT more detail, especially with Aerodynamics.

If you get around the 80% mark on the last 13 exams you'll be laughing!