PDA

View Full Version : Piper aerostar

rocket66
28th Apr 2011, 05:29
Lads,

Piper aerostars, I've heard snippets they are dangerous but are quite fast and able to carry reasonable loads. Has or is anyone flying these machines? If you what are your thoughts?

Rocket

PLovett
28th Apr 2011, 05:44
An eminent US pilot once said that the safest aircraft was a Piper J3 Cub as it could only just kill you.

From what I have read the Aerostar is a capable aircraft that has a high wing loading. It needs to be flown accurately and its limitations need to be respected. A pilot should have a thorough knowledge of its systems.

Pretty much the same as for any aircraft really. Fly them as they were designed to be flown, don't put them into situations where they were not meant to be and don't be a dick-head in them and they will do what they are meant to do.

Tubman601
28th Apr 2011, 06:21
Many happy hours in the Deathstar, 601P, the Ferrari of light twins, no dramas even after an inflight shut down.
Fly the numbers and remember the flights not over til your in the bar !.:ok:

rocket66
28th Apr 2011, 06:57
Ha haa"Deathstar" is the reason for my post. What kind of speeds, such as Vmca, Blueline and cruise do the obtain? I suppose at max weight on your average 25deg day you only get the usual 300fpm out of them OEI?

They are reasonably good looking on the outside but if anyone has any pics of the inside it would be much appreciated.

FoxtrotAlpha18
28th Apr 2011, 07:49
After you rotate, count to 15 and then breath again...:cool:

Capt Fathom
28th Apr 2011, 07:53
They are reasonably good looking on the outside but if anyone has any pics of the inside it would be much appreciated.

Heard of google? Type in Piper Aerostar For Sale or Ted Smith Aerostar For Sale. Should get you plenty of photos.

rocket66
28th Apr 2011, 08:38
Yeah yeah I know, my wife reckons I'm lazyy too.

SeldomFixit
28th Apr 2011, 09:50
So THAT'S why I saw her doing that..............................:uhoh:

rocket66
28th Apr 2011, 21:20
Goooonnee are those days. Must have been someone else.........was it definitley her??:E